I'm going to take a sledgehammer to my toilet...

MrsTaborJet

:wild:

I'm going to LOSE IT! I'm merely trying to put in a new toilet seat. Not exactly a difficult household project. But of course, the threads are now stripped on the plastic nut and I'm about to go postal. And of course it has to be the one near the wall in the most difficult spot to get to.

I've pulled out every wrench, every set of pliers, Liquid Wrench, you name it. The damn thing finally budged, but it's just spinning in place. And my brain is going to spin out of control.

I'm thinking the entire toilet needs to go at this point.

:curse:

I'm going to LOSE IT! I'm merely trying to put in a new toilet seat. Not exactly a difficult household project. But of course, the threads are now stripped on the plastic nut and I'm about to go postal. And of course it has to be the one near the wall in the most difficult spot to get to.

I've pulled out every wrench, every set of pliers, Liquid Wrench, you name it. The damn thing finally budged, but it's just spinning in place. And my brain is going to spin out of control.

PM the expert.....SJ

Gawd Bless yah for even trying. I don't bother with such things. 1) I'd eff it up and 2) have the patience of a two year old about such things. I had some cutom-made cellular shades made for my living room - they were delivered a week ago. I'm waiting on someone to hang 'em for me. I thought about doing it myself and decided - nahhhhh. :)

Good luck!!!

Gawd Bless yah for even trying. I don't bother with such things. 1) I'd eff it up and 2) have the patience of a two year old about such things. I had some cutom-made cellular shades made for my living room - they were delivered a week ago. I'm waiting on someone to hang 'em for me. I thought about doing it myself and decided - nahhhhh. :)

Good luck!!!

My sister is like that, not really handy with this kind of stuff. I've done a lot around her house.

I'm just taking a mental break... before I cry.

Heading back now, wish me luck.

Yup, that crossed my mind... but don't have it. I found a Craftsman box in the cellar and thought... COULD IT BE?!!! No, it was a sander. M'Fer.

Works like a champ - had the same issue with the brass nut holding the valve to the bottom of the flush tank a couple weekends ago. No room for wrenches and it was too shallow to hold a socket on it. Ground a slot on both sides of it and put in a large flat head screwdriver blade into the slot - twisted to the left and - pop. You can get the powered or the 115V models for under $25 I believe. Theres been many times this tool has saved me from grief like you're experiencing.

hacksaw will work but then your gonna have a hell of a time getting the rest of the bolt out... :) worst come to worst you can just hover over the toilet when you take care of business lol

Job DONE!

And the prize goes to LilMiCK! Thanks for the screwdriver idea, although I used it to pry the hell out of the plastic until it broke open. POS!

When they say, "don't overtighten"... you shouldn't overtighten. :disgust:

Thanks for keeping me sane y'all!

Job DONE!

And the prize goes to LilMiCK! Thanks for the screwdriver idea, although I used it to pry the hell out of the plastic until it broke open. POS!

When they say, "don't overtighten"... you shouldn't overtighten. :disgust:

Thanks for keeping me sane y'all!

SJ would have loved this job!!! and he would have tested it for you to boot!

3 cans of Glade would suffice

You don't need the wrench. Get a screwdriver and a piece of paper towel...use the paper towel to hold the nut in plant from the bottom and use the screwdriver to tighten it.

It does not need to be done from both end.

You don't need the wrench. Get a screwdriver and a piece of paper towel...use the paper towel to hold the nut in plant from the bottom and use the screwdriver to tighten it.

It does not need to be done from both end.

All I know is I'm done dude and it sucked. Next time I'll send you an invite to come over and take care of it for me!

:cheergal:

Archived