Pats LB Adalius Thomas out for season: MERGED 4X

gangreenman

If he's right, will you leave for 30 days?

BTW, I believe CTM just won 6 months of hosting as well.

Alright I just disallowed the Max has to leave for 30 days bet. And the CTM bet I lost, so I will send a check to the hosting company tomorrow for the next 6 months.

:)

Alright I just disallowed the Max has to leave for 30 days bet. And the CTM bet I lost, so I will send a check to the hosting company tomorrow for the next 6 months.

:)

I love how we completely hijacked this thread as a result of our attempts to stop the thread from being hijacked. I think its awesome.

Undrafted rookie FA that has been getting some significant playing time. Belichick really loves the guy.

Rookie free agent signing that's Bruschi's heir apparent. They split the snaps....with Guyton being in on more passing downs. Two Pats have two rookie FA's playing significant roles on the team. Guyton and BenJarvis Ellis-Green. A true testement to the coaching. I truly beleive this is BB's best coaching performance. Cassel, BenJarvis and a bag of donuts in the secocondary.

The loss of Thomas is big. He's been playing up to the expectation so far this year (sorry,Alk, you're wrong). So, who plays outside now? Pierre Woods? Puke.

I hesitate to say it.

I (we) have been saying it for years. Lawyer Milloy, Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Deion Branch, Asante Samuel, now maybe even Tom Brady, is gone and it's our turn and we're going to kick their asses.

And it never seems to happen.

On paper, we look like a lock to win this game. But I just can't bank on anything, especially the relevancy of a loss like Adalius Thomas. History has just dictated otherwise... repeatedly.

yes, but WE finally lost Pennington and have a QB that actually knows the playbook now.

I remember reading a quote of BB's saying that the jets were still in celebration mode from their big win against the fins a week prior...then they got smoked by the phins...Hopefully we can institute a similar game plan (minus the wildcat formation).

Someone made a thread earlier about how a key guy was always out for the opposing team the Jets were facing... Add his ass to the list.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/22062

The Patriots' win over the Bills on Sunday reportedly came at a steep price. From ESPN.com:

Linebacker
Adalius Thomas
, who has started all nine games for the Patriots and is tied for the team lead with five sacks, suffered a broken left forearm in the first half of the Patriots 20-10 win, according to sources. The sources believe the injury is likely season ending.

"It's not good. He's probably done [for the season]," said one source.

Thomas is a big loss....would not shock me to see the Pats come out n the four-three Thursday nite. Pierre is servicebale at best - and I suspect the Jets would try to take advantage of his side of the field. Since Guyton is playing so well and gets the bulk of the snaps during pass plays - the four-three makes sense....espcisllay since the d-line is pretty athletic. Vrable, Mayo, Guyton as the lbs with Bruchi in on run plays.

Thomas is a big loss....would not shock me to see the Pats come out n the four-three Thursday nite. Pierre is servicebale at best - and I suspect the Jets would try to take advantage of his side of the field. Since Guyton is playing so well and gets the bulk of the snaps during pass plays - the four-three makes sense....espcisllay since the d-line is pretty athletic. Vrable, Mayo, Guyton as the lbs with Bruchi in on run plays.

I know the Pats are well coached. We all know the Pats are well coached...

But do we really think they can completely alter the defensive system they run based on one injury and have it be successful?

I'm not so sure. I think you'll see a 3-4, and it will simply be weakened by the loss.

Archived