Jets Sign Ty Law: MERGED

madmike1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how I feel about this. I like Lowrey and I think he is good and will only get better. I only know that while he is old Law was once one of the best.

This is how I feel -- it can't hurt. I love Lowery and think he has played very well. But this move makes the team better. Plus if Miller comes back, that is a pretty good 1 - 4 cornerback depth chart.

Very interesting and very suprising.

If he's in shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing bump and run against Welker. With the goal of throwing off the timing on those underneath routes.

It definitely slows the development of Lowery, but I can't see Law playing every snap, and I'm sure Lowery will be the #3 and see plenty of playing time in that role.

If he's in shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing bump and run against Welker. With the goal of throwing off the timing on those underneath routes.

It definitely slows the development of Lowery, but I can't see Law playing every snap, and I'm sure Lowery will be the #3 and see plenty of playing time in that role.

He couldn't possibly be in "game shape" you know? If he is in for a significant number of snaps - advantage Pats. But I doubt Mangini is that silly.

Yup, Welker is GREAT at YAC so we need a solid tackler going up against him at CB. Law for the most part (When not going up against LT) is solid at tackling.

Yup, Welker is GREAT at YAC so we need a solid tackler going up against him at CB. Law for the most part (When not going up against LT) is solid at tackling.

I want to see a lot of hands up in the air on every pass-tip some balls and one thing we know about Ty Law is he can catch a ball as well as any WR in the game-great great hands

I don't think so. Lowery had gotten to the point teams were picking on him week after week. That can badly wound a young players confidence. I doubt he is out all together. He'll still get his reps.

He couldn't possibly be in "game shape" you know? If he is in for a significant number of snaps - advantage Pats. But I doubt Mangini is that silly.

Probably not.

I see him really in the role of disrupting Welker. This is merely a prediction though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him used in a variety of ways including as a nickel, only on 1st downs, and just about never.

AWESOME signing. He should be starting either at CB soon hopefully, IMO. Lowery would be better served as a reserve for the 2008 season.

before yesterday's game SNY had that pre-game show and they had a segment with Rhodes and revis and Elam (I'm sure D-Lo was there too) in somebody's apt. doing homework together-on the leather couch, watching film, taking notes...how great would it be for them to have Ty Law in that room with them all for the next 10 games or so....

TRIVIA TIME: Who holds the record for INTs in a Jets season?

Archived