Jets Sign Ty Law: MERGED

madmike1

There you have it folks, other than Revis this staff doesn't have the confidence in the young guys in big games. This is a huge gamble, but you can't blame them for not trying to fix the problem. Lowery will come around, but he's a rookie and I like what I've seen from him. Man, I hope this works out!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the morning sitdown I was just reading an article in the latest ESPN - The Rag. It's about locker rooms and how fragile the psyche can be and how important it is to have a good one..

I'm really concerned that Law will mess up what seems to be budding chemistry..

I'm not huge on the Law move, but Cimini is such a moron he's barely worth reading at this point.

How is this a "big gamble"? What exactly do the Jets stand to lose if it doesn't work out? Where's the risk? We're not paying Law huge money, we didn't give up any draft picks to get him, and if it doesn't work out, we'll cut him at the drop of a hat.

The way I see it, the Jets are bringing in some extra help in the secondary, since we have one great CB and a bunch of mediocre ones. If he's slow and out of shape (entirely possible), the Jets will just bench him and keep playing the same guys they've been playing all along. Again, where exactly is the "gamble" here?

Dumbass Cimini.

I'm not huge on the Law move, but Cimini is such a moron he's barely worth reading at this point.

How is this a "big gamble"? What exactly do the Jets stand to lose if it doesn't work out? Where's the risk? We're not paying Law huge money, we didn't give up any draft picks to get him, and if it doesn't work out, we'll cut him at the drop of a hat.

The way I see it, the Jets are bringing in some extra help in the secondary, since we have one great CB and a bunch of mediocre ones. If he's slow and out of shape (entirely possible), the Jets will just bench him and keep playing the same guys they've been playing all along. Again, where exactly is the "gamble" here?

Dumbass Cimini.

In a league with unguaranteed contracts, bringing in a veteran at this point in the season is a no-risk proposition. Cimini is desperate to stir controversy since there has been none the last month or so.

When people use this expression "is a tool" what does it mean?

If he is a hammer , that could be considered a good thing.

But if he is a plunger well that is a bad thing.

What kind of tool is he?

Okay, for the record being a hammer is NEVER a good thing. And if someone has been calling you that, and you took it as a compliment then I'm sorry.

Guys, as everyone knows here, I hate Cimini and I think he's a moron.

However, he makes a point here. Law IS a huge gamble. Guys in that locker room did see how he acted in 2005. I know Herm was here, but it does show something about your character when you take advantage of that. Along with that, while he may be in GREAT shape physically, game shape is an entirely different thing and you can't get that unless you play in games. Since everyone else on the field would have 9 regular season games under their belt, it worries me that he'd be chucked into a game in 2 days.

Now, is it a bad play for the rest of the season? Probably not.... lower risk, but to play him Thursday is nuts.

Cimini is definately a tool and the worst beat writer to cover any Tristate area team.

But he's right, the Law signing is a gamble and reaks of desperation.

By the way, I don't know why people are down on Lowery. He's made some mistakes, but nothing killer.

Cimini is definately a tool and the worst beat writer to cover any Tristate area team.

By the way, I don't know why people are down on Lowery. He's made some mistakes, but nothing killer.

Exactly, he's made some pretty good plays too.

And correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he return punts in College? They might stick him back there with Leon on Kickoffs, I know there different but still.

I'm not down on him.

I think he has played exceptionally well considering being a rookie and not that fast.

They have to throw the ball somewhere so it's obvious that they will pick on him and not Revis would'nt you?

He has a knack for hardly ever being out of position during a play.

I'm not down on him.

I think he has played exceptionally well considering being a rookie and not that fast.

They have to throw the ball somewhere so it's obvious that they will pick on him and not Revis would'nt you?

He has a knack for hardly ever being out of position during a play.

I agree. I thinks hes fine and gonna be real good. love his intensity and he hits like a safety.

Whats the risk?..probably signed for minimum money..knows the defensive schemes as well as most of the coaches most likely..has a long and good relationship with Mangini, Revis idolizes him and he's a smart freakin football player..I'm sure he knows the deal and Mangini no doubt spelled it out..There is 0 risk here 0..Once again Cimini trying to be the story..boring.

Whats the risk?..probably signed for minimum money..knows the defensive schemes as well as most of the coaches most likely..has a long and good relationship with Mangini, Revis idolizes him and he's a smart freakin football player..I'm sure he knows the deal and Mangini no doubt spelled it out..There is 0 risk here 0..Once again Cimini trying to be the story..boring.

A big Pass Interference call is the risk, but the same could be said for Lowery.

Archived