Jets Sign Ty Law: MERGED

madmike1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After reading Hutch's blog right now and him saying Law looked in shape, made me feel better about the situation.

But again, Law IS NOT replacing "a player who has been completely ineffective since the end of 2006". Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? Miller has been inactive for 8 of 9 games. He doesn't sniff the field. Law is only taking his roster spot. The issue is whose playing time Law is going to take, playing time from players who have contributed such as Lowery, Poteat and Coleman. Law is better than Miller simply because Miller wasn't playing, but we don't know if, currently, he's better than Lowery, Poteat, and Coleman in the short term.

That said, I feel better about the situation that Law will be in the rotation rather than supplanting a contributor at the 11th hour.

I understand your point about playing time, but speaking strictly in terms of roster space, he is taking the spot of a player who has been inactive 8 out of 9 games this season like you said. This move has absolutely no downside for the Jets. If he stinks, then you deactivate him, and we are in the same exact position as we were with Miller. Coleman has been awful, and the more time he takes away from him, the better IMO.

Law will most certainly be in a rotation to begin, and depending on his production, his role may grow as the season progresses. We will see what he brings to the table, but I like his upside as a nickel or dime DB.

I understand your point about playing time, but speaking strictly in terms of roster space, he is taking the spot of a player who has been inactive 8 out of 9 games this season like you said. This move has absolutely no downside for the Jets. If he stinks, then you deactivate him, and we are in the same exact position as we were with Miller. Coleman has been awful, and the more time he takes away from him, the better IMO.

Law will most certainly be in a rotation to begin, and depending on his production, his role may grow as the season progresses. We will see what he brings to the table, but I like his upside as a nickel or dime DB.

I hear you. I'm warming up to this move. Plus, I've just read a handful of articles on it with quotes by Law.

He's saying all the right things, about him, although being a competitor, sees himself as a role player and a teacher. He also mentioned all the moves the Jets have made and it seems like he wanted to jump on the Jets bandwagon, which is a very good thing.

He can't be worse than Lowrey...

yes he can. he can be a lot worse. Lowery has been pretty solid when you consider the amount of times he gets thrown at because of Revis on the other side, and that Lowery is just a rookie and still improving. Also think Lowery has been good for us in run support. Its been the nickel corners lining up in the slot that have been the problem.

yes he can. he can be a lot worse. Lowery has been pretty solid when you consider the amount of times he gets thrown at because of Revis on the other side, and that Lowery is just a rookie and still improving. Also think Lowery has been good for us in run support. Its been the nickel corners lining up in the slot that have been the problem.

I do not agree that Lowery has been solid. He hasn't. I do agree Law can be worse in the short term.

Your extreme assumptions are quite ridiculous.

And not a chance he's had more of an impact than:

1. Darrell Revis

2. Kerry Rhodes

3. Calvin Pace

4. Leon Washington

5. Thomas Jones

Don't know why you have Rhodes there. He's been quiet for the most part this season, except for the Rams game. And to be honest, we would've destroyed the Rams even if Rhodes wasn't playing. Jenkins would be a much more plausible #2 guy on that list. Although I agree with what you're saying, he's not the best guy this year to prove that point.

I hear you. I'm warming up to this move. Plus, I've just read a handful of articles on it with quotes by Law.

He's saying all the right things, about him, although being a competitor, sees himself as a role player and a teacher. He also mentioned all the moves the Jets have made and it seems like he wanted to jump on the Jets bandwagon, which is a very good thing.

That is exactly what happened... very similar to Clemens and the Yanks... he waits it out to make sure it will be worth making a go for it...

Jenkins #2? Lets be realistic...if Jenkins wasn't on this team, the Jets probably arent even .500. He is far and away both the best player, and biggest impact on this team, IMO.

How you doing man? Long time no chat.

I feel for you...now all 3 of your players in your abbreviated name are gone. :)

Joe just found himself a new avatar. :)

Heh. I like mine now with him alone by himself, but I might change it. I will definitely change it to him in his #22 jersey when I get home from Foxboro and the pix are up on NYJ.com.

Your extreme assumptions are quite ridiculous.

And not a chance he's had more of an impact than:

1. Darrell Revis

2. Kerry Rhodes

3. Calvin Pace

4. Leon Washington

5. Thomas Jones

Leon Washington? Kerry Rhodes?

Leon definitely is not even close to as big of an impact player as Favre. Kerry is a great player, but I wouldnt say he's more valuable to the team than Favre this year.

Jenkins #2? Lets be realistic...if Jenkins wasn't on this team, the Jets probably arent even .500. He is far and away both the best player, and biggest impact on this team, IMO.

Don't get me wrong--I agree with you. I didn't know if Aqua meant that in any particular order, and as such Jenkins would fit anywhere on that list. I only said a plausible #2 guy on that list because I thought there was no order, and as such it would be most fitting for him to replace Rhodes. He's definitely number one.

Archived