Electric Bill

Jbro22

Alright, I'm living off campus this year and we got our second electric bill. Its 10 dollars cheaper then our last Electric bill. How much was you ask, 380$.

380$!

Now, I don't know what the monthly average for a 4Bedroom 3bath in Tampa Fl, but something tells me we're spending too much. Our central air was on all through September and we got burned with a 390$ bill. So October we conserved ALOT, AC was off probably 65% of the time, maybe more. We only saved 10$? WTF

WHAT are we doing wrong, I feel like you can run a god damn fast food restaurant for that much money. And not one of those close at 12am, I'm talking the late night drivethru and all.

Oh and we got those energy saving light bulbs too.

You gotta be careful. When you first start paying bills like electric, gas, water, etc., you don't realize how much they can run up.

Watch the lights and the AC. What temp was the AC at when you did have it on??

72 degrees.

I understand it being that much in September, but when we killed for more then half the month of October how did we only save 10 dollars?

Our landlords office is right behind our house, I'm starting to think she's running electric to her office. Theres a wire that runs in that direction, I'm cutting it tomorrow.

72 degrees.

I understand it being that much in September, but when we killed for more then half the month of October how did we only save 10 dollars?

Our landlords office is right behind our house, I'm starting to think she's running electric to her office. Theres a wire that runs in that direction, I'm cutting it tomorrow.

:rl:

dont do that.

best thing to do is talk to the electric company

btw how many refrigerators do u have

We have one large one, and we had a little one running too. We cut the little one after the second bill. We also had another little one at our backyard bar, but only ran it when we had parties, which was like once this month.

I won't cut that line, that was a joke. I'm pretty sure its a telephone wire anyways. Who still uses home phones these days anyway?

Yeah, uh, don't cut that wire.

Talk to your electric company or get someone that can assess what's running up your bill. Lay off the air conditioning even more in November and turn off all the lights after you and stuff like that. Should help, a bit.

Our company is TECO, we talked to them and there sending a guy. But get this, the soonest they can come is December. So they're gonna rob us for the next to months then tell us what the problem is.

We called them up and told them, and they were stunned it was that much. The guy couldn't believe it when we read the dial to him. The Mcdonalds down the road is spending less on there energy bill, I guarantee it.

We have one large one, and we had a little one running too. We cut the little one after the second bill. We also had another little one at our backyard bar, but only ran it when we had parties, which was like once this month.

I won't cut that line, that was a joke. I'm pretty sure its a telephone wire anyways. Who still uses home phones these days anyway?

like i said talk to the electric company. my cell phone bill for this month was $110 i talked to the verizon ppl they gave me a $15 discount just for calling them

Well, the first thing you're doing wrong is putting the dollar sign after the number, is that how they teach you to do it down there?

.yeah its crazy down herE

I knew I was gonna get **** for that too. Either way when you say it out loud 'dollars' or '$' comes after the number. It's not my fault the english language is flawed.

like i said talk to the electric company. my cell phone bill for this month was $110 i talked to the verizon ppl they gave me a $15 discount just for calling them

We did, the best they could do is send a guy here in 2 months to tell us whats up. Even though they said its a ridiculous amount of money to be paying. I would love to know what the guys before us did.

Don't your electric bills show the usage history for that address over the past year? If they don't, I'd ask the electric company for that information to see if the previous tenants were using as much as you were.

Our bill doesn't show that, but we will ask. Thanks for the idea.

Tampa Electric Company

I'm pretty sure its the only company that offers it down here. My dad works for National Grid aka Keyspan and he has no idea why its that high either. I think he finds it hilarious that I'm having these problems, after all those years of yelling at me for leaving lights, tv's and fans on.

On the TECO bill it says Electric Charge: $163 then Fuel Charge: $163. Now I know you need fuel to make electric, but whats the difference?

Tampa Electric Company

I'm pretty sure its the only company that offers it down here. My dad works for National Grid aka Keyspan and he has no idea why its that high either. I think he finds it hilarious that I'm having these problems, after all those years of yelling at me for leaving lights, tv's and fans on.

On the TECO bill it says Electric Charge: $163 then Fuel Charge: $163. Now I know you need fuel to make electric, but whats the difference?

i have never payed an electric bill in my life so i wouldn't know. but dont electric companies buy electricity from other plants

It wouldn't be the first time jbro.

She has an office, and she runs an etiquette school for children in a large room behind the office. This line is really low in our backyard too. One of my roomates is about 6'5" and can easily reach up and grab it.

i have never payed an electric bill in my life so i wouldn't know. but dont electric companies buy electricity from other plants

I'm not too sure either, but I know back up north you can now get your energy from a few different companies(i think). A few years ago you didn't have a choice, LI had Lilco, Brooklyn and Queens had Keyspan/Brooklyn Union, and Manhatten had ConEd. Now I think you can choose.

I'm not 100% on anything I said there, just stuff I picked up listening here and there to my dad.

We did, the best they could do is send a guy here in 2 months to tell us whats up. Even though they said its a ridiculous amount of money to be paying. I would love to know what the guys before us did.

Tell them that it's your intention to pay them, as soon as the bill is no longer 'ridiculous'. They should have someone out there much quicker that way.

As far as that fuel charge goes. Are your appliances gas? Do you cook a ton? Hot water heater and long showers?

Do you smell gas? If so, get out.

Tell them that it's your intention to pay them, as soon as the bill is no longer 'ridiculous'. They should have someone out there much quicker that way.

As far as that fuel charge goes. Are your appliances gas? Do you cook a ton? Hot water heater and long showers?

Do you smell gas? If so, get out.

Everything is electric. And yes we do cook often.

Archived