Other teams catching up to the Jets??

4HCrew

I think the Jets are top 4 team (Pats,Colts,Steelers) in the AFC given Chad is healthy, but do you think the Raiders with their additions, the Chiefs with any defensive help and the Broncos have pushed them a little. The Raiders still have no D but that O could really click if Kerry does anything. The Broncos are going to have sick speed on D but then again they still have Jake. Thoughts?

I really feel that with a 2002-esque Pennington, the 2005 Jets will compete with anyone. Simply put, this offense could not move the ball against good teams, and I'm chalking it up to the torn rotator cuff of our QB. If he's just not that good, then this team will not be a SB caliber team for a long time.

The Raiders seem to me to be this years Redskins. They get all the names in place and it looks good on paper.

But until I see them playing some smart football I won't believe that they have improved.

I really feel that with a 2002-esque Pennington, the 2005 Jets will compete with anyone. Simply put, this offense could not move the ball against good teams, and I'm chalking it up to the torn rotator cuff of our QB. If he's just not that good, then this team will not be a SB caliber team for a long time.

2002 Pennington looks more and more like a fortuitous aberration of circumstance, a hot streak, and good players and weapons.

2003 and 2004 Pennington are the real Slim Shadey until proven otherwise.

DONT COUNT THE JETS OUT TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.

RIGHT NOW IT DONT LOOK GOOD,ALL WE DID SO FAR IS LOOSE PEOPLE THAT WE REALLY DONT WANT OR NEED.

AFTER WE PICK UP A TIGHT END AND A DB, AND GET ANOTHER RECEIVER IN WE WILL BE FINE AND MOVE UP FROM THE TOP 4!!!!!!!!!

DONT COUNT THE JETS OUT TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.

RIGHT NOW IT DONT LOOK GOOD,ALL WE DID SO FAR IS LOOSE PEOPLE THAT WE REALLY DONT WANT OR NEED.

AFTER WE PICK UP A TIGHT END AND A DB, AND GET ANOTHER RECEIVER IN WE WILL BE FINE AND MOVE UP FROM THE TOP 4!!!!!!!!!

who you yellin at fool?

The team two teams I seriously worry about are Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Both teams bring it with their defenses, and they also have big, physical offensive lines.

I think Baltimore did a good job bringing in Mason to help take heat off of Lewis and Heap, and Boller should improve.

Jacksonville did a great job bringing in the pass rusher(Hayward)they've desperately needed for the past couple years. Factor in those two monsters in the middle and a blue chip corner in the draft, plus Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford's development, and we could be in trouble.

Buffalo is also not far behind, but we'll see how they play with a first year starter. They also lost key men in Williams and Jennings.

I can't really think of any big losses those teams have suffered this off-season, aside from Hartwell. They ususally draft well, while we have lost some key players.

Terry Bradway MUST have a good draft, and find some good vets if we are to take make the playoffs. We do not want to leave our fate in the hands of another team.

First there is a clear separation bewteen the Patriots and everyone else.

Then you have the Colts and Steelers as the next likeley to assume the throne.

The Jets are in the next group with the, Jags, Chargers, Bengals, Ravens and Broncos. All teams that need to raise there game and proove they beat the big boys consistently.

2002 Pennington looks more and more like a fortuitous aberration of circumstance, a hot streak, and good players and weapons.

2003 and 2004 Pennington are the real Slim Shadey until proven otherwise.

If that ain't the truth.

Jet fans run around saying that 2003 & 2004 were "off-years" for PennyBoyWonder.

Listen up folks, PennyBoy's "fluke" year was 2002.

Archived