Moving to Colorado

vinnys025

Well, my enlisted contract is up again, and its time to move out of this godforsaken place known as the southwest. Anyone live near the fort collins area? Thats where I'll be. It looks like a beautiful area, and I miss the snow and fall leaves like you can't believe.

Well, my enlisted contract is up again, and its time to move out of this godforsaken place known as the southwest. Anyone live near the fort collins area? Thats where I'll be. It looks like a beautiful area, and I miss the snow and fall leaves like you can't believe.

I was just in Fort Collins at the end of August for clinbing. Beautiful area Vinny. Just a stones throw down the pike from Wyoming too which has some of the friendliest people I've ever met. BTW If you REALLY miss the snow you WON'T be disappointed. :P

You should have gone to Ft Lewis.

I was just in Fort Collins at the end of August for clinbing. Beautiful area Vinny. Just a stones throw down the pike from Wyoming too which has some of the friendliest people I've ever met. BTW If you REALLY miss the snow you WON'T be disappointed. :P

Thats great news. I read that Fort Collins was rated number 1 place to live for a few years recently, and last year was number 2. ....I guess you can't get much better than that.

Thats great news. I read that Fort Collins was rated number 1 place to live for a few years recently, and last year was number 2. ....I guess you can't get much better than that.

No I guess not. :). The city itself is right off the interstate and it's fairly flat. The surrounding moutains are gorgeous. Denver's about an hour or so South . You've got the Continental Divide and Colorado's 14,000 foot peaks a little ways West of Denver too. The city of Fort Collins is a very manageable size but they have a good variety of stores. They even have a REI outlet if you get into climbing and hiking. ;)

I have been to Colorado a couple of times -right outside of Denver- it is one of the nicest places I have gone too in the USA. I would not mind relocating there one bit.

I was seriously thinking about that too while my son and I were out there. But then they had 7" of snow fall on the mountains we were climbing right after we left. That kind of turned me off. As I get older I seem to hate snow more and more. :)

Archived