Media bias against Jets

DMaynard

Here is another example. The NFL Network is running down the list of candidates for Running Back of the Week. They show a clip of Thomas Jones running against the Rams and you hear a snide comment in the background (I think it was Terrell Davis) mockingly asking "the Rams? Who?" No credit to Thomas Jones, of course.

The next clip is the lovable Maurice Jones-Drew running against the inept Detroit Lions. Any comments about the Lions? Of course not. Nothing but praise for the irresistable Jones-Drew.

Can't wait to see what all of the blowhards have to say after the Jets beat the Pats and the Titans.

Here is another example. The NFL Network is running down the list of candidates for Running Back of the Week. They show a clip of Thomas Jones running against the Rams and you hear a snide comment in the background (I think it was Terrell Davis) mockingly asking "the Rams? Who?" No credit to Thomas Jones, of course.

The next clip is the lovable Maurice Jones-Drew running against the even more inept Detroit Lions. Any comments about the Lions? Of course not. Nothing but praise for the irresistable Jones-Drew.

Can't wait to see what all of the blowhards have to say after the Jets beat the Pats and the Titans.

I like you man, but you really need to get over these conspiracy theories against the Jets.

The NFL Network guys should have been talking about BenJarvus Green-Ellis :P

No, he's 100% correct. I heard the same BS and thought the same thing.

As 4H mentioned, this has gone on for a long time.

The Jets never get the benefit of the doubt in the media. The Jets need to win some games to get respect again. The last time the Jets had media cred was when Parcells was here.

I like you man, but you really need to get over these conspiracy theories against the Jets.

The NFL Network guys should have been talking about BenJarvus Green-Ellis :P

Seriously, you are saying, situations exactly like this, which happen all of the time, are just my imagination? It was just a coincidence that they basically credited TJ's performance to a poor Rams team and praised Jones-Drew's performance (which was not as good as TJ's) against an even weaker opponent?

I rather think not. :)

Seriously, you are saying, situations exactly like this, which happen all of the time, are just my imagination? It was just a coincidence that they basically credited TJ's performance to a poor Rams team and praised Jones-Drew's performance (which was not as good as TJ's) against an even weaker opponent?

You have Brett farkin' Favre on your team so stop talking about media bias!

I could give a crap less about media bias. It doesn't put points on the board.

Ref bias, that's another issue. Over the years I have noticed that certain star QB's Marino, Manning, Brady, ect. get questionable roughing the passer calls. Calls that run of the mill QB's don't get. I understand why the refs do it. Star QB's are the bread and butter of the NFL.

Favre isn't getting them this year. A bit concerning.

Ref bias, that's another issue. Over the years I have noticed that certain star QB's Marino, Manning, Brady, ect. get questionable roughing the passer calls. Calls that run of the mill QB's don't get. I understand why the refs do it. Star QB's are the bread and butter of the NFL.

Of course. He is a Jet now. :)

he still gets a full extra second on the playclock

I've seen 3-5 times it has gone to zero, but they let it slide

Look, unless it's the Pats, Cowboys, Eagles, or Colts there will be media bias against you. Period.

If the Jets actually accomplish something maybe the national media would talk about them. Keep in mind that the national media has been sucking Favres balls since he joined the Jets.

The media can't get enough of Brett Favre and your complaining about bias against the Jets? And don't you think the Jets should have to beat a team that is good before the media gets on their bandwagon.

That lasted for a few weeks after Favre came. He gets mentioned whenever they mention the Jets, of course, but it is hardly a love fest like Madden and others had for Favre when he was a Packer.

And I don't expect any media to jump on the jets bandwagon. Just give a little credit to them (like TJ's week) when they deserve it.

DM as far back as when we won Supe 3 the NY press said it was a fluke and Mara said his Giants would kill the AFL Mickey Mouse League Jets at the Yale bowl in the preseason..

DM as far back as when we won Supe 3 the NY press said it was a fluke and Mara said his Giants would kill the AFL Mickey Mouse League Jets at the Yale bowl in the preseason..

That's right, Savage. The Jets are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. :)

I can't beleive you all cry about media bias with Lord Favre at the helm. I've never seen grown men slurp over another man quite like the media does with Lord Favre. C'mon now.

Here's a fine example (being aired on the NFL CHannel):

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/11/nfl-network-thinks-brett-favre-is-hero.html

What was wrong with that? Favre is The One. He is the one for whom the Scriptures speak. He is The Annointed One, who has come to save us. When he speaks, I get tingles up my leg just like Chris Mathews got with the other One. :D

Archived