Nugent really isn't going to start on Thursday is he??

PETROCK

On SNY they were saying that if Nugent is healthy, he will start against the Patriots.

WHY???

Feely proved himself on Sunday. There's no way Nugent could have made a 55 yard FG or 2 40+ FGs on his best day.

He had a great game Sunday. However, he also proved himself when he missed 3 of 8 from < 40. Now with that said, I think he's better than Nugent. What I would have done is put Nugent on IR and kept Miller...

Feeley is an even bigger choker...

Nugent is a walking gag reflex. I hate the SOB. Every time I see him I think of Herm the scumbag Edwards and how he wasted a 2nd round pick on this afterbirth.

Feely has steadily improved this year to the point where we can actually feel good about him lining up a 50+ yard kick and making it.

How would most Jet fans feel if we have to depend on Nuge the Stooge to make a winning kick with 2 seconds let Thursday night.

Nugent is a walking gag reflex. I hate the SOB. Every time I see him I think of Herm the scumbag Edwards and how he wasted a 2nd round pick on this afterbirth.

Feely has steadily improved this year to the point where we can actually feel good about him lining up a 50+ yard kick and making it.

How would most Jet fans feel if we have to depend on Nuge the Stooge to make a winning kick with 2 seconds let Thursday night.

I agree that nugent is unreliable and in no way could of made that 55 yarder and feely has improved and i also feel good with him kicking a 50 yarder but i dont feel the same with nugent kicking he should have been cut.

wait Petrock me, my wife and son all watched that show last night with Buttle, Custer and Ray and NO ONE said that Nugent was gonna start or that the Jets were even considering it...they said that Mike SAYS he's ready to go and the hosts all kind of said "if it ain't broke..."

wait Petrock me, my wife and son all watched that show last night with Buttle, Custer and Ray and NO ONE said that Nugent was gonna start or that the Jets were even considering it...they said that Mike SAYS he's ready to go and the hosts all kind of said "if it ain't broke..."

They didn't say it last night.

You people really crack me up sometimes. This season Feely has been worse than Nugent has ever been at any point in his career. But one good game from Feely with absolutely zero pressure in a good weather game and suddenly everyone's ready to praise him. Lets forget the repeated 30-something yarders he's missed in close games, because he had a few meaningless kicks in a blowout game? Nugent may not be great, but there is absolutely no kick that I ever feel completely comfortable Feely can make. One good game doesn't change that. As soon as Nugent is healthy, he should be playing and Feely shouldn't let the door hit him in the ass.

This is the same Feely that missed a kick every week going into the Rams game right?

And we wonder why Jets fans are routinely blasted and mocked league-wide. With a win the Jets are a dynasty, with a loss the "same old Jets". A bad game for a player and they should be cut, one good game for a player and suddenly they're the savior, regardless of how god awful they've been all season. I don't get it.

And we wonder why Jets fans are routinely blasted and mocked league-wide. With a win the Jets are a dynasty, with a loss the "same old Jets". A bad game for a player and they should be cut, one good game for a player and suddenly they're the savior, regardless of how god awful they've been all season. I don't get it.

Feely has been better than Nugent. Nugent misses clutch kicks and has bad kickoffs. With Feely, even if he might miss a meaningless kick, he'll bang home the longer ones to get us into OT, and his kickoffs are better. Kickers are all about confidence. Once he hit that long one in Oakland, he has been hitting everything.

I never liked Nugent anyway, so yeah, I'd rather go with Feely. Feely just had a loud mouth before, that's the only reason he was cut I hear.

Feely has been better than Nugent. Nugent misses clutch kicks and has bad kickoffs. With Feely, even if he might miss a meaningless kick, he'll bang home the longer ones to get us into OT, and his kickoffs are better. Kickers are all about confidence. Once he hit that long one in Oakland, he has been hitting everything.

I never liked Nugent anyway, so yeah, I'd rather go with Feely. Feely just had a loud mouth before, that's the only reason he was cut I hear.

I really don't see where this is coming from. Outside of last week, Feely's kickoffs have been bad. It was actually something noted quite often of being an issue prior to Sunday. And even in this game, outside of the two touchbacks, the rest of his kickoffs were very unimpressive as well, with a number of line drives to about the 7 - 10 yard lines.

And I'm not sure how you can call repeatedly missing 30-something yard kicks "meaningless". It started with a complete momentum-killer in the NE game (not to mention keeping the Jets out by 2 scores instead of 1 near the end of the game). Even in the Oakland game, he was nowhere close on his first attempt of the late FG, he was just lucky enough to have an idiotic Oakland head coach give him a second chance. And I'm not sure how he's been "hitting everything" since then. Misses on short-range FGs in both the KC and Buffalo games (36 and 37 yards) played a big part in keeping those teams in the game late, much more than they otherwise would've been.

Nugent isn't the best kicker in the league, but people unnecessarily hate him just because of where he was drafted, which is absolutely nonsensical. Feely on the other hand, is just plain bad and has been amongst the worst this season at the position with the exception of one game. Sure he had a decent year in Miami last year, which is year round good kicking conditions, but do we all so quickly forget the disaster against Seattle that ultimately spelled the end of his Giants career? Its the same awful play we've seen repeatedly throughout this season. The guy is anything, BUT clutch.

I think the feeling is that now Feely is hot, go with him, maybe he's found something. Nugent was in a small slump just before he got hurt. So people want to give Feely a chance to keep going on last week's momentum.

I think that Nugent was a steadily improving kicker throughout his career until he hit a slump before he got hurt. So overall I prefer Nugent, but I would kind of like to see Feely stay in there just a little bit more, based on last week.

Archived