Mangini will have to outsmart the Evil Scientist

Jetsfan.com

Where have we heard this before? The Jets are on a winning streak. NFL analysts are mentioning the Jets as a possible playoff team. There is a real buzz among fans who are starting to believe that if the Jets can beat their AFC East rival, they can take sole possession of first place and possibly, make a title run.

Jets fans have been through this before. Their team is on the brink of establishing itself as a force in the league but then, right when they are about to taste success, they lose in excruciating fashion.

Read more:

http://jetsfan.com/Home/tabid/74/ctl/Details/mid/482/ItemID/159/Default.aspx

Game 10 Preview - Patriots

t2.belichick.si.jpg

Mangini will have to outsmart the Evil Scientist

Where have we heard this before? The Jets are on a winning streak. NFL analysts are mentioning the Jets as a possible playoff team. There is a real buzz among fans who are starting to believe that if the Jets can beat their AFC East rival, they can take sole possession of first place and possibly, make a title run.

Jets fans have been through this before. Their team is on the verge of establishing itself as a force in the league but then, right when they are about to taste success, they lose in excruciating fashion.

This has been the Jet

I totally disagree on this one...

This is not a game to outsmart anyone, this is a game to play smash mouth football. We have the better lines, the better defense, the better QB, the better running game.

We should line up and just take it to them, not with smarts, but with brute force.

BZ

This is not a game to outsmart anyone, this is a game to play smash mouth football. We have the better lines, the better defense, the better QB, the better running game.

We should line up and just take it to them, not with smarts, but with brute force.

BZ

I've got to agree here. Just take it to em. Ram the ball down their throats.We have better personal and nows the time to truly show it. It's not the time to get too "cute" while trying to out smart someone and wind up blowing the game.

Good read but I have a different take. The Jets have to line up on the field and play their game. They are the more talented team right now (scary to even type that).

Magini can't get schooled obviously but the Jets can win this one based on talent (through in a wildcat formation here or there for good measure).

This sounds good.

The other option was way to long, so I'm just going to go with you on this one. :yes:

BZ

+1

Stop with the BS outsmarting garbage. Mangini is not smarter than BB. Mangini has a better teem than BB right now and the only thing Mangini has to be smart about is maximizing his better team. Mangini failed to do that week 2. He has a second chance.

Lose this game and its all on Mangini. People can make excuses all they want. Mangini has the better team and they're playing better than the Pats right now. Win the ****ing game!!!

+1

Stop with the BS outsmarting garbage. Mangini is not smarter than BB. Mangini has a better teem than BB right now and the only thing Mangini has to be smart about is maximizing his better team. Mangini failed to do that week 2. He has a second chance.

Lose this game and its all on Mangini. People can make excuses all they want. Mangini has the better team and they're playing better than the Pats right now. Win the ****ing game!!!

Concur

this is ASSInine

Take them to the Mother F'n woodshed..no F'n excuses!!!!!

We tried smash mouth on the goal line last time, didn't work

I could care less how we beat them, power ball, Brett slinging it, 3-0...I could care less....I just want them beat

That wasn't "smash mouth" on the goal line, that was pure idiocy.

They called the same play with the same personnel packale and the same formation for 3 straight plays.

I couldn't care less how they win, either. But trying to "outsmart" Belichick doesn't work. How did the Jets beat them in 2006? The same way the Giants beat them in the SB. Beat them up.

Agreed with all the disagreements going on here..

Outsmarting is what you need to do when you have the noodle arm at Qb and a generally nonathletic, undermanned team.

This year we are better, stronger, faster everywhere besides WR, so just ram the ball down their ****ing throats and take the game to them..

Archived