WTF is with the 3 and 4 man rushes ALL GAME?

madmike1

And every time we got pressure on him, he just ran it because the middle of the field was completely empty. Horrible game by Sutton.

would you rather have the linebacker not pick up faulk out of the backfield and get burned by 20 yard dump offs. If that happened you would say "how come nobody covered the RB out of the backfield" why cant you be happy. Anytime you go into anyone's house and rip first place from them, regardless of how, it doesnt matter

would you rather have the linebacker not pick up faulk out of the backfield and get burned by 20 yard dump offs. If that happened you would say "how come nobody covered the RB out of the backfield" why cant you be happy. Anytime you go into anyone's house and rip first place from them, regardless of how, it doesnt matter

I'd rather they make Cassel make plays under pressure and put him on the ground every play. He NEVER makes a play under pressure.

Give me a break, they burned us doing that THREE times. Once is fine, twice is ok, three is being stupid.

****ty CSs are stuck in the past with outdated tactics that don't work. Playing prevent defense and being extremely conservative does not win you games. Look at Fischer and the Titans, the Bears took away the run so they went to the air and killed them. And that team is BUILT to run!

The Steelers and Giants ALWAYS bring pressure. I don't think I've ever seen them play prevent. When they're up in a game and looking to win it, they just bring pressure, get the ball back, and then win it on offense. We, and other dumb CS in the league, instead prefer to put the ball in the other team's hands, and gamble on luck or "percentages" instead of trying to win the game.

because this team is winning despite mangini's being a fat stupid turd. ajj game i was screaming about how much time that faggot cassell had in the pocket....i was appauled. we were lucky to win this game. worst defensive gameplan i've seen in a while. mangini sucks.....i'd like to see him fired today.

****ty CSs are stuck in the past with outdated tactics that don't work. Playing prevent defense and being extremely conservative does not win you games. Look at Fischer and the Titans, the Bears took away the run so they went to the air and killed them. And that team is BUILT to run!

The Steelers and Giants ALWAYS bring pressure. I don't think I've ever seen them play prevent. When they're up in a game and looking to win it, they just bring pressure, get the ball back, and then win it on offense. We, and other dumb CS in the league, instead prefer to put the ball in the other team's hands, and gamble on luck or "percentages" instead of trying to win the game.

It doesn't? Who won? In fact the Jets have won pretty much every game you guys bitched about the prevent. The Giants bring pressure on every down because they have guys that can rush the passer. The Jets got all those sacks from scheme, very few were the effort of a pass rusher. Mosley's sack was a pass rush, having Elam or Revis come in untouched is scheme.

I'd rather they make Cassel make plays under pressure and put him on the ground every play. He NEVER makes a play under pressure.

Wxactly. Cassel had all day to pass . Then when no one was open he ran for huge chunks of yardage. Very frustrating to watch. You and I were screaming the entire game for us to blitz.

He NEVER makes a play under pressure.

I guess you missed the last play of regulation when Cassel was under pressure, avoided a sack, and then threw a bullet to Moss on the run?

Your anger runs deep and its not just for your hatred of the Pats. You hate everything and anyone who disagrees with your whacked opinion.

There is a reason 99% of the posters here think you are a circus sideshow.

The Fins beat the hell out of him doing just that. If you give any QB, but an inexperienced QB like Cassell especially, time he's gonna find an open receiver as the play breaks down.At times he was getting almost 9 seconds and that isn't going to work.

Also TEs against the Jets D are becoming THE fantasy stat guys every week.

The Jets LEAD THE NFL IN SACKS. Blitz the ****ing quaterback. Jesus christ what a joke. They made it SO comfortable on Cassel... He had 20 mins to throw every play. I could've thrown for 400 with that kind of time.

Look, if we LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SACKS that should tell you that we're blitzing the QB. We sacked Cassell 3 times this game. How many Sacks were you expecting to get?

Cassell had time in the pocket for the same reason why Brady had time in the pocket when he was QB'ing. Its because NE has one of, if not the best Pass blocking offensive line in the game, so yes...you probably COULD pass for 400yds too. their entire line could go to the probowl. Thats saying something. So for the Jets to get 3 sacks against a probowl caliber o-line is definitely a great job on their part. (And mind you, It should have been atleast 5 because I can count two times where we should have had him) Also, We have an explosive offense who average 30 points a game. The object of the game is to outscore your opponent. We cant blitz a QB on everyplay when their offensive playcalling are one of the most efficient and they implement alot of 3 step drop back and release, we will run right pass the play. NE throws alot of those type "flank" passes to neutralize the blitz.

Its not that simple. We need to play defense. I understand your frustration, but blitzing every play isnt the answer. One of the answers would be NOT TO go into a prevent defense when a team is in a 2 min drill because they can easily throw under the D and quickly get down the field.

Maybe you dont see the success we're having. Let me help.

#1 in Sacks (you said this on yourself)

#1 in Tackles

#1 in solo tackles

#6 in passes defended (alot of those believe it or not are from Dwight LOOOOOOWERY, just to throw that in there for the haters)

#10 in INT's (top ten for a pass D that isnt at its peak yet isnt bad at all)

#2 in Defensive TD's (When we dont get sacks we get TD's)

#1 in Forced Fumbles (I didnt even realize this until I checked. This means that when we hit someone they know it)

#3 in Fumble Recoveries

#3 in Fumble recovery TD's

Question: What more do you want this defense to do?

Consider for a moment: The offense has Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Watson, and Faulk on the field. You rush 5. What happens?

If you double Moss, that leaves everyone else in single man coverage, or some gaping holes in zones. If Faulk doesn't stay in to block, Cassel has an easy outlet pass for a 6-10 yard gain. If the pass rush doesn't get there, you don't think Welker or Gaffney won't get open against your 2nd or 3rd corner? And of course there is no one left to play the middle of the field, to prevent Matt from just taking off with it for a first down.

Consider for a moment: The offense has Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Watson, and Faulk on the field. You rush 5. What happens?

If you double Moss, that leaves everyone else in single man coverage, or some gaping holes in zones. If Faulk doesn't stay in to block, Cassel has an easy outlet pass for a 6-10 yard gain. If the pass rush doesn't get there, you don't think Welker or Gaffney won't get open against your 2nd or 3rd corner? And of course there is no one left to play the middle of the field, to prevent Matt from just taking off with it for a first down.

^^^^^^ this is even better put!

What are you guys talking about?

The Jets lead the league in sacks, hurries, and knock downs. They are also close to tops in the league in not surrendering big plays.

Here is where the sacks are coming from

Barton 2

Pace 4

Rhodes 1

Revis 1

Jenkins 4

Thomas 4

Elam 1

Ellis 7

Poteat 1

Coleman 1

Bowens 4

Mosley 2

The pass rush is not coming from schemes that the secondary is Blitzing. The pass rush is coming form the front 7. Four, tops 5 rushes at a time. Those of you who are saying that Cassel had all the time in the world to throw because the Jets are rushing 3, just aren't watching the game.

In the last play of regulation Bowens got a hand on him. Chassed him out of the pocket. Forced him to throw on the run. He made a perfect throw, and Moss made a great catch. They could have been rushing 8, and it wouldn't have changed anything. Who cares what the Giants and Steelers are doing.

The Jets problem certainly isn't their 4 man pass rush. It's the underneath passes. If you blitz more people the underneath passes will change from 8 yard gains to 30 yard gains. Cassel was using a lot of 3 step drops and firing quickly. Outside pass rush doesn't help against that. Good tackling does.

Watch the pats last drive of regulation. It wasn't the pass rush that caused the TD, it was poor tackling. Six yard passes were getting 12-15 yards. If they start sending 6-7 guys the Jets don't have to worry about Moss making a great catch from the 16 with 0 time left. He will make a 60 yarder much earlier in the drive.

Lowery gave up 8 catches for 88 yards. Revis wasn't better. He was covering Welker one on one for a good part of the game. Welker had 7 catches for 107 yards.

The problem wasn't the pass rush.

Every body wants to attack Mangini for a game his team won. Fools are saying that the Jets won in spite of the game plan. How silly. In the first half Mangini schooled "Lil Bill" The Jets had a great game plan and built a 24-6 lead. Belichick made some really silly plays. Going for it on 4-1 in easy field goal range. On a 3rd and 4 he runs a running play, and loses 2 yards.

If Mangini had run those plays, and lost in OT, man, I hate to think about it. People, the Jets just beat a great team. Mangini coached a great game. Even the Pats fans realize that.

Enjoy it, and stop crying.

Look, if we LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SACKS that should tell you that we're blitzing the QB. We sacked Cassell 3 times this game. How many Sacks were you expecting to get?

Maybe you dont see the success we're having. Let me help.

#1 in Sacks (you said this on yourself)

#1 in Tackles

#1 in solo tackles

#6 in passes defended (alot of those believe it or not are from Dwight LOOOOOOWERY, just to throw that in there for the haters)

#10 in INT's (top ten for a pass D that isnt at its peak yet isnt bad at all)

#2 in Defensive TD's (When we dont get sacks we get TD's)

#1 in Forced Fumbles (I didnt even realize this until I checked. This means that when we hit someone they know it)

#3 in Fumble Recoveries

#3 in Fumble recovery TD's

Question: What more do you want this defense to do?

Umm...being #1 in the league in tackles is NOT a good stat. It means we're keeping the other team's offense on the field more (more 1st downs).

What's our ranking in 1st downs allowed and/or 3rd down coversions?

Umm...being #1 in the league in tackles is NOT a good stat. It means we're keeping the other team's offense on the field more (more 1st downs).

What's our ranking in 1st downs allowed and/or 3rd down coversions?

What you just said is NOT true. Tackles are a major statistic, and it also means that they're NOT scoring because they're being tackled. What difference does it make how many first downs they make if they cant take advantage of it?

We're apparently an awesome fantasy defense, since we get defensive stats.

But yardage wise, we are 14th in the league. Against the rush we are currently 6th in yardage. Against the pass we are a putrid 27th.

When you look at points, it is an even more telling picture. We give up the 10th most points in the league, or if you go by per game average, we are 17th (16 teams give up less a game). In terms of rushing TDs allowed, we are 13th. For passing TDs, we are tied for 22nd. In other words, only 6 teams in the league give up more passing TDs than we do.

Yeah, this defense is AWESOME!!! Too bad we don't play fantasy football out there, and bogus statistics pale in comparison to yardage and points allowed totals, which show we are a mediocre defense at best.

Stop celebrating mediocrity already. Strive for excellence, and accept nothing less. That's how you become a champions, not spinning statistics and using sophistry to ignore reality.

Archived