Pennington look good enough for you losers?

Yes I'm back after a week in LA / San Diego and I watched the game last night, hmmmmm Chad threw the ball 50 yard and was 9-10, 86 yards, TD, yeah his shoulder is gonna keep him out of the opener, haha, you morons, I hope you all feel stupid.

CHAD IS BACK!!!!

The key is as GUNS has said will be how he feels afterwards.

Haven't seen anything on how he felt this morning but 124 you are dead money on all the negative BS that was written on the subject.

Chad didn't seem to shy away from any throw and there was none of that hop-skip routine he was using last year to off-set the shoulder on his throws.

Still early to say he's totally fine but last night was definitely a step in the right direction.

I was very happy with his performance, but I want to see 2 things

1. How well he does in his next preseason game

2. How well he takes his first real hard sack in the pocket.

Oh and when he scrambled and slid I almost had a heart attack. This is frickin preseason Chad, dont go out there allowing your shoulder to be exposed for a big hit head on. Not smart.

All along I've been saying he'd be fine for the 9/11 opener @ KC, he looks fine to go NOW, let along on 9/11.

Chad is fine.

EB50, I also had a minor heartattack when he scrambled. :shock:

Seriously, I almost spat out my drink when he did that. I love Chad as a player, he is definetly very brave, but he crossed the line right there into stupid, imo. I hope he does not do that again. That play against buffalo where he got injured would look like a pillow fight compared to what would have been if he had been knocked in his shoulder by a DBs helmet going 200mph spearing into him. #-o

All along I've been saying he'd be fine for the 9/11 opener @ KC, he looks fine to go NOW, let along on 9/11.

Chad is fine.

EB50, I also had a minor heartattack when he scrambled. :shock:

I hope "Dinger's" offense revolves around the run game then because 10 pass attempts isn't going to get it done against most competent NFL teams.

One game in the preseason. That is all it was.

I seem to remember he threw a 50 yard pass against San Diego in the playoffs and manages to throw a long pass about once a month, which floods the boards with, "Did you see that long pass Chowds? What about Penny's arm strength now?"

I could thorw the ball 50 yards, but the point is you have to complete some of them to open up the oppossing D. Plus, it would help if it was not preseason and against a bad D. Credibility.

Yes that terrible secondary that consists of:

Antoine Winfield

Fred Smoot

Darren Sharper

Corey Chavous

Brian Williams

:shock::shock::shock:

He had a lot more zip on the ball and he made some tight throws. It was a very good Preseason game by Chad.

As for the 10 pass attempts comment, it was in 3 drives those 10 pass attemps, fool. =D>

Yes I'm back after a week in LA / San Diego and I watched the game last night, hmmmmm Chad threw the ball 50 yard and was 9-10, 86 yards, TD, yeah his shoulder is gonna keep him out of the opener, haha, you morons, I hope you all feel stupid.

CHAD IS BACK!!!!

But the Vikings have the 28th ranked defense in the NFL.

PennyBoy always does great against crappy defensive teams.

I could thorw the ball 50 yards, but the point is you have to complete some of them to open up the oppossing D. Plus, it would help if it was not preseason and against a bad D. Credibility.

Yeah, sure you could.

A smart Pats fan would be bummed by what he saw from Pennington, because that was bad news for New England. In that better competition is bad news.

Will we unseat NE? I have no idea, but I am more hopeful than in previous years.

Bad D? By calling that D bad you call your credibility into question. That defense bears little resemblance to the 2004 one. Better pass rush, better LB's and Smoot to bookend with Winfield. Cottrell is still a problem, but the talent is significantly improved.

Pennington's arm, regardless of the little boy TX digs, looked better than it has in three years. Looks like there was more wrong than what happened in Buffalo. Perhaps Chad wasn't lying when he said that.

All the people who harped on the timing of the surgery and whether or not the QB would be ready, should step up and say they were wrong.

Chad is back and he's better than when we last saw him. Bad news for anyone looking to beat the Jets in 2005. It's a taller task than many were thinking.

Yeah, sure you could.

A smart Pats fan would be bummed by what he saw from Pennington, because that was bad news for New England. In that better competition is bad news.

Will we unseat NE? I have no idea, but I am more hopeful than in previous years.

Bad D? By calling that D bad you call your credibility into question. That defense bears little resemblance to the 2004 one. Better pass rush, better LB's and Smoot to bookend with Winfield. Cottrell is still a problem, but the talent is significantly improved.

Pennington's arm, regardless of the little boy TX digs, looked better than it has in three years. Looks like there was more wrong than what happened in Buffalo. Perhaps Chad wasn't lying when he said that.

All the people who harped on the timing of the surgery and whether or not the QB would be ready, should step up and say they were wrong.

Chad is back and he's better than when we last saw him. Bad news for anyone looking to beat the Jets in 2005. It's a taller task than many were thinking.

Wow, even Meddle has his green-colored glasses on this morning. :shock:

Wow, even Meddle has his green-colored glasses on this morning. :shock:

Not at all. I have worries, but Chad's rehab is no longer on the list. The guy is looking better than before.

Ask me about ABE or Law's foot or Robertson's knee or Barton.

Plenty of things to cross off the list of worries, but one less is always nice.

And to rip the Minny secondary is just silly.

Not at all. I have worries, but Chad's rehab is no longer on the list. The guy is looking better than before.

What happens when he takes his first real shot to the shoulder or is driven into the ground by some 325 lb DLineman?

Will the shoulder hold up?

No body knows that right now.

One game in the preseason. That is all it was.

I seem to remember he threw a 50 yard pass against San Diego in the playoffs and manages to throw a long pass about once a month, which floods the boards with, "Did you see that long pass Chowds? What about Penny's arm strength now?"

Correct but he had surgery to fix a problem that originates back to 2001 training camp.

Again too early to fully evaluate but a good sign for JETS fans.

What happens when he takes his first real shot to the shoulder or is driven into the ground by some 325 lb DLineman?

I think any QB in the league is in danger of injury if that happens, not just Chad.

including you, though we know what you are hoping will happen

I think any QB in the league is in danger of injury if that happens, not just Chad.

Exactly. Re-injury is a separate issue. Is he more susceptible to injury in that area? Maybe, though I gotta tell ya, after I finished rehabbing my shoulder, I was MORE protected than when I was healthy. Why? Because they worked my shoulder into tip top shape and built us mass.

Hopefully Chad's rehab was top notch. I have to think it was.

The joint gets repaired during the surgery, the rest is all rehab.

So, he should be able to take the pounding within reason. However, Chad is certainly off of warranty at this point. There

Archived