Too conservative in the 2nd half

80gonyjets51

too conservative!??! Our offense stopped moving the ball when we kept lining up in the no back sets and tried short passes. We started moving the ball in the 4th again when we POUNDED THE ROCK with Thomas Jones. We did the same in OT. When we did that, it opened up the passing attack.

We got away from pounding the rock which killed us. It allowed NE to get the ball back and keep driving. We needed to POUND the ball.

too conservative!??! Our offense stopped moving the ball when we kept lining up in the no back sets and tried short passes. We started moving the ball in the 4th again when we POUNDED THE ROCK with Thomas Jones. We did the same in OT. When we did that, it opened up the passing attack.

We got away from pounding the rock which killed us. It allowed NE to get the ball back and keep driving. We needed to POUND the ball.

How did pounded the rock help in our last drive in reg?

it was very predictable, 1 f'n 1st down and game is ovah

You know Afosomf, I think as brilliant as Farve was last night Mangini was still afraid of a pick in that spot as well as right before the 1st half ended. He is going to have to get over that...especiially in games where the opposing QB catches fire (partly due to our D-plan) but fire nonetheless.

If you pass the ball on that drive, then you're an absolute idiot. Obviously, a 1st down and we win. However, giving them the ball with 1:04 to go and no timeouts, and you should win every time. That can't be blamed for why they let the Pats go down the field with no timeouts.

If you throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and 2 you give them 2 full minutes.

You know Afosomf, I think as brilliant as Farve was last night Mangini was still afraid of a pick in that spot as well as right before the 1st half ended. He is going to have to get over that...especiially in games where the opposing QB catches fire (partly due to our D-plan) but fire nonetheless.

I would have had Smith out there on all 3 downs out of Wild Hog

If EM's plan was going to run TJ into a 8 man front and handcuff favre..it

almost cost jets game

that and are POS def gameplan. Cassel struggles with any pass over 15 yds, yet we sit back in rocking chair and let them complete underneath stuff all

nite.

I thought we were FAR too conservative defensively once we had the 18 point cushion in the 2nd half but you

I would have had Smith out there on all 3 downs out of Wild Hog

If EM's plan was going to run TJ into a 8 man front and handcuff favre..it

almost cost jets game

that and are POS def gameplan. Cassel struggles with any pass over 15 yds, yet we sit back in rocking chair and let them complete underneath stuff all

nite.

That was another thing I couldn

If you pass the ball on that drive, then you're an absolute idiot. Obviously, a 1st down and we win. However, giving them the ball with 1:04 to go and no timeouts, and you should win every time. That can't be blamed for why they let the Pats go down the field with no timeouts.

Do you even watch any other teams besides the Jets and Chiefs play? BB throws all the time on 3rd down to win games, if the situations were reversed the Pats would have thrown it and converted it. Rather than giving us the ball back to tie the game.

Actually now that I think about it, even the Chiefs throw on 3rd down now.

You know, I gotta give credit where credit is due, and ache4 is right on this.

If they ran the ball three times at the end of the half they go in up 24-6.

I remember taking a penalty and running it on third down. So no. There was also the 2 minute warning that would have stopped the clock on a run, in fact, we had completed a pass if that wasn't a run because I distinctly remember them just wasting 20 seconds of clock to run it down to the 2 minute warning, and still failing to get a play off.

Also, to you people agreeing with the notion that trying to get a 1st down with a TD lead is stupid, what are the numbers for wins when you've got the ball with less than 2 minutes to play and the opponent with no timeouts? It's like 99.99%, with only one situation where the team didn't win.

If you do not have the confidence to complete a 2 yard pass in a big situation, you have no business thinking you can win a playoff game.

I remember taking a penalty and running it on third down. So no. There was also the 2 minute warning that would have stopped the clock on a run, in fact, we had completed a pass if that wasn't a run because I distinctly remember them just wasting 20 seconds of clock to run it down to the 2 minute warning, and still failing to get a play off.

Also, to you people agreeing with the notion that trying to get a 1st down with a TD lead is stupid, what are the numbers for wins when you've got the ball with less than 2 minutes to play and the opponent with no timeouts? It's like 99.99%, with only one situation where the team didn't win.

If you do not have the confidence to complete a 2 yard pass in a big situation, you have no business thinking you can win a playoff game.

The penalty was a delay of game they took AFTER Favre nearly (actually?) intentionally grounded one on a pass attempt on second down. They ran on first down which took it to the 2 minute. Threw on second, stopped the clock, THEN took the penalty. With the clock already stopped. Then they ran and forced the Pats to take another TO. If they ran all 3, the Pats would have had no TO's left when they got the ball with 1:44. Plus, they were close to a disaster with the pass. Of course the Pats still could have scored, but it would have been plenty tougher.

Which is why the Pats came back and won, I think we should have stayed aggressive, but a win is a win! Our defensive pass playcalling needs work as well

fixed :cool0019:

The Jet players are not giving up 400+ yards. Lets look at this game and the Cards game. We seen what happened in the second half of both games. Conservative play calling has made blowouts look like close games.

Archived