The Morning After

shawn306

Well I don't know about you guys but I probably did not fall asleep till about 2:30am.

That game last night was pretty much a summary of my 34 years as a fan of this team.

Jump out fast: "Jets up 24-6. kicking @ss, taking numbers this game is over"

to

That's not good: "Rush three, and give Cassel all day to find Gaffney with seconds left in the half" "That could come back to bite us"

to

24-24: "You got to be F'n kidding me

to

31-24: "Favre is the man !!!!"

to

31-31 with 00:01 left That hurts "Stupid G'dam, mother F'n, SOB's are going to do this again. C0ckSuckers. You suck Mangini, I F'n hate you.

to

34-31: Phew !!!!! Great game

There was alot of good things in this game though for the Jets. The Jets controlled the LOS for a good part of the game forcing the Pats to start blitzing to get pressure on Favre.

Favre: What we got last night was just a little taste of "Favre Magic" That drive that put the Jets up 31-24 was a thing of beauty. All the momentum had swung over to the Pats side. The Jets had not been able to generate much offense in the second half, but when the Jets needed it most they got it and alot of that had to do with #4. That drive right there was the reason the Jets made the deal for Favre. It is a drive that Pennington (although I love him) could never make.

And then to top it off they get the toss to start OT. Favre hits Keller on a huge 3 down to keep the drive alive and from that point they just took over.

A little Thomas Jones

A little Keller

kick the FG, Party Time.

Just a magnificent job.

Defensively I thought the Jets were okay till they got the lead and started laying back. Give Bellicheat some credit here though, they made an adjustment by going to 4 and 5 wide and a faster tempo basically taking Jenkins out of the game and setting things up with Faulk, constantly taking Barton out on the flank opening up running lanes for Cassell. It was a great adjustment that Mangnin and Sutton had no answer for because they were freakin worried about Moss and Welker. Doubles on them (and I don't know if they did the entire game) but if they were they were basically putting Watson, Faulk and Gaffney in single coverage.

My biggest gripe last night was that the Jets when they were up 24-6 didn't really go after Cassell with some blitzes. He was getting time to throw when the Jets rushed four and the Jets never switched it up. They let him sit back there facing a 3 or 4 man rush (I think Rhodes blitzed once the entire night) and let Cassell pick them apart. The same Cassell who has not throw a ball 20yds for a completion in what ? Forever ? It damn near cost them the game.

Here is the bottom line though

The Jets are 7-3

The Jets have won 6 of their last 7.

The Jets are 3-1 in the divison (All three wins on the Road)

The Jets sit alone in first place in the AFC East

Still a long way to go, but I think this team is really coming together and that they can be special.

It was a great adjustment that Mangini and Sutton had no answer for because they were freakin worried about Moss and Welker.

Here is the bottom line though

The Jets are 7-3

The Jets have won 6 of their last 7.

The Jets are 3-1 in the divison (All three wins on the Road)

The Jets sit alone in first place in the AFC East

Still a long way to go, but I think this team is really coming together and that they can be special.

Great post, Shawn!

:headbang:

The morning after is always better when it doesn't involve a walk of shame.

No shame today, we go to work after a W and as fans of a 1st place team. Feels good.

haha,, walk of shame..i just heard that term last weekend at UNC game..

My son told me his roomie hooked up with a girl at a 80s disco theme frat party..

he wakes up next day at about 10 AM, no car and has to walk back to campus on main road in a White Travolta suit and hat and cane...

Archived