Women of JetNation

ZachEY

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
melons??? who was talking melons, chef-boy?? :D

kneidelach.. i said kneidelach!! lol.. cmon OY! sometimes i even put a little gribenes in the middle.. for a treat! :D

Sorry, GG. I was adding on to the reference to "the twins" made by afo. Bad joke on my part. A first if memory serves me right.

i think so, Joebaby is setting up Studio,

Jan09 Ladyjet2280

Feb09 LadyJet

Mar09 Lonestarlady

Apr09 GG

May09 Garb

June09 Bronzey

July09 Verde

Aug09 JetsBabe

Sept09 Jetophile

Oct09 MrsTabor

Nov09 Brensjetfan

Dec09 ~~~Kelly~~~~~

Though my birthday and the draft are in April, I'll take March. Woo, hoo! March Madness for me!

melons??? who was talking melons, chef-boy?? :D

kneidelach.. i said kneidelach!! lol.. cmon OY! sometimes i even put a little gribenes in the middle.. for a treat! :D

Let's talk brisket...

Oven or Crock Pot?

I like the oven, slow cooked. Potatoes, onions and carrots. You?

I once saw a gentile make it on the BBQ. That made me sad.

All melons--from cantaloupe, to crenshaw, to casaba--are delicious. You know that, GG. Even tart, perky plums--for that matter--are an enjoyable change of pace.

Aren't cantaloupes so scarce and pricey that the "cantaloupes" we find in our mega marts are actually musk melons?

Let's talk brisket...

Oven or Crock Pot?

I like the oven, slow cooked. Potatoes, onions and carrots. You?

I once saw a gentile make it on the BBQ. That made me sad.

my brisket is to die for... honestly.. melts in your mouth.. oven of course. no onions, potatoes or carrots.. i will give you ont my secret.. but you need to pm me.. wait .. you are not yet 30, right? not sure i can let someone so young have the secret.. you will be scarred for life. :D

i also make a farfel kugel that is just amazing !

:yahoo:

my brisket is to die for... honestly.. melts in your mouth.. oven of course. no onions, potatoes or carrots.. i will give you ont my secret.. but you need to pm me.. wait .. you are not yet 30, right? not sure i can let someone so young have the secret.. you will be scarred for life. :D

brisket makes me question the sanity of vegetarians.

And how would I be scarred? I feel I could be enlightened!

Aren't cantaloupes so scarce and pricey that the "cantaloupes" we find in our mega marts are actually musk melons?

Awesome question. It's not about price, but the variety of musk mellon we grow in North America. (Cantaloupes are part of the musk mellon family.) As native Italians, my parents would always say that the U.S. variety was different from those in Europe, which are not as sweet and have more liquid.

No onions ,carrots or potatoes. That's a first. Do you sear yours in a pan to create a crust on the outside and then put it in a baking pan with onion gravy mix?

Awesome question. It's not about price, but the variety of musk mellon we grow in North America. (Cantaloupes are part of the musk mellon family.) As native Italians, my parents would always say that the U.S. variety was different from those in Europe, which are not as sweet and have more liquid.

Ah, I knew there was some kind of difference, just couldn't remember.

this thread has turned gay...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not so much gay as it has developed feminine overtones, at least in the classical sense. What do you want me to do? He asked a question of me concerning the noble cantaloupe. What should one do, ignore a potentially life-altering query?

can you pleeaaaasssseeeee give me your brisket secret!

I never knew until I started culinary training that corning meant the size of the salt grains. Growing up, I always assumed it was because the cattle was corn fed. Again, Goyishe Kopf.

Hey, when I first heard of it I just assumed it was beef that tasted like corn. Granted, I was probably 11. But, who knew?

Fail?

Yes, I pfailed due to a hotlinking issue...

Btw I've never had brisket and don't even know what it is..
It's a fatty cut from the sternum area of the cow and if (trimmed and) cooked properly, is marvelous. It must be cooked slowly to break down the connective tissue and collagen in the meat, ie. braising or smoking. There are two main parts - the flat and the point (or the deckel, for you "chosen" people). The flat is the leaner part that is generally sliced, whereas the point is fatty and is best chopped and used for burnt ends. If you see a brisket in the supermarket, it is usually just the flat cut.

Brisket is generally the cut used for corned beef as well.

PS - I feel fatter for having just made this post.

Yes, I pfailed due to a hotlinking issue...

It's a fatty cut from the sternum area of the cow and if (trimmed and) cooked properly, is marvelous. It must be cooked slowly to break down the connective tissue and collagen in the meat, ie. braising or smoking. There are two main parts - the flat and the point (or the deckel, for you "chosen" people). The flat is the leaner part that is generally sliced, whereas the point is fatty and is best chopped and used for burnt ends. If you see a brisket in the supermarket, it is usually just the flat cut.

Brisket is generally the cut used for corned beef as well.

PS - I feel fatter for having just made this post.

i like Ruebens!!!

Archived