Out of State drivers suck

Gainzo

I had to drive into town tonight as my drunken brother left his cell phone in my car on Thursday night.

It should have been a 30 minute round trip but ended up taking me over an hour.

I saw many cars with NY, NJ, NH, RI & ME license plates that had no clue on how to drive in the City. They were straddling lanes, making erratic lane changes, going 10 miles per hour, breaking for no reason, etc.

Does anyone else get frustrated by people who have no idea where the fark they are going? Don't we live in the age of google maps and GPS?

I'll admit that Boston/Cambridge is no picnic for non-local drivers, but its not that hard to get around.

It's more like your pathetic roadways up there. have you ever tried driving into Harvard Square with that ridiculous weaving and turning garbage? the never ending construction and leaking tunnels that have falling debris?

It's like trying to drive through a war zone.

Boston has a terrible road system for walkers and drivers, in general. I could see why so many people would get lost or go slow because of that. New York's grid system is much more efficient, just saying.

Manhattan was built on a grid, Boston was built around cow paths so no argument from me on driving. Walking is extremely easy in Boston.

In this day and age there is no excuse for people not knowing where they are going.

Most of my travels tonight were on Memorial Drive. Memorial Drive is very easy to navigate. If you take a left you are going over the river to Boston, if you take a right you are going to Kendall Square, Central Square or Harvard Square. It's that easy.

It's more like your pathetic roadways up there. have you ever tried driving into Harvard Square with that ridiculous weaving and turning garbage? the never ending construction and leaking tunnels that have falling debris?

It's like trying to drive through a war zone.

I drive in and around Harvard Square all the time. If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen!

The bottom line is that if you aren't from here you shouldn't be driving around Boston or Cambridge.

I have never driven into the cluster fark known as Manhattan as I'm not stupid.

I drive in and around Harvard Square all the time. If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen!

The bottom line is that if you aren't from here you shouldn't be driving around Boston or Cambridge.

I have never driven into the cluster fark known as Manhattan as I'm not stupid.

Kendall square is easy. Harvard Square is the cluster fark. I've never had a problem driving in Boston or Cambridge. but it certainly sharpens my parallel parking skills every time I go there.

Kendall square is easy. Harvard Square is the cluster fark. I've never had a problem driving in Boston or Cambridge. but it certainly sharpens my parallel parking skills every time I go there.

Florida has the worst drivers...most don't even know where they're going...right Jim? :rl:

Kendall Square isn't even a square! It's full of high tech firms and MIT not to mention it's on Broadway.

Parallel parking is a source of pride for me. If you can parallel park in Boston or Cambridge you can parallel park anywhere!

Kendall Square isn't even a square! It's full of high tech firms and MIT not to mention it's on Broadway.

Parallel parking is a source of pride for me. If you can parallel park in Boston or Cambridge you can parallel park anywhere!

There was a bar in Cambridge called Buchowski's (sp?). they had like every kind of imported beer you can imagine. I really liked that place. ever hear of it?

There was a bar in Cambridge called Buchowski's (sp?). they had like every kind of imported beer you can imagine. I really liked that place. ever hear of it?

Yep. It's in Inman Square not far from Central Square if you walk about a mile east on Prospect St.

Every go to The Field? It was on Prospect St about 30 yards from Mass Ave in Central Square.

Yep. It's in Inman Square not far from Central Square if you walk about a mile east on Prospect St.

Every go to The Field? It was on Prospect St about 30 yards from Mass Ave in Central Square.

No, never been there. I always liked Boston. I've had a blast every time I've ever been there. it's too bad I can't stand their sports teams. :)

Manhattan was built on a grid, Boston was built around cow paths so no argument from me on driving. Walking is extremely easy in Boston.

In this day and age there is no excuse for people not knowing where they are going.

Most of my travels tonight were on Memorial Drive. Memorial Drive is very easy to navigate. If you take a left you are going over the river to Boston, if you take a right you are going to Kendall Square, Central Square or Harvard Square. It's that easy.

Continuous walking is better around the streets of Manhattan than Boston because of the grids: if cars are coming from one side you can always walk the other way. You can get stuck on those little islands when crossing the street around Boston.

New York also has way better public transportation, by the way. In my limited experience using Boston public transportation, at least.

Continuous walking is better around the streets of Manhattan than Boston because of the grids: if cars are coming from one side you can always walk the other way. You can get stuck on those little islands when crossing the street around Boston.

New York also has way better public transportation, by the way. In my limited experience using Boston public transportation, at least.

Boston has many one way streets as well.The City is small so it is much easier to walk around than NYC.

The T (Boston subway) shuts down at 1AM. That kind of sucks, but it much easier to get to your destination than in NYC.

BTW: NYC also has 8 million residents. I would hope they have good public transportation!

Boston has many one way streets as well.The City is small so it is much easier to walk around than NYC.

The T (Boston subway) shuts down at 1AM. That kind of sucks, but it much easier to get to your destination than in NYC.

BTW: NYC also has 8 million residents. I would hope they have good public transportation!

Yeah, the two times I've gone on the T the f'er shut down midway through the trips. And the subway took forever to come. Plus that screeching sound when the trains turn corners kills one's ears. I'll take my 4 train over that.

There are many really nice areas near Boston where it's nice to walk, but around the Prudential Center it's brutal. I've only really been exposed to the area around there and by BU so that's all I know. There are better views without the skyscrapers and more green. All there really is in NYC is Central Park to get a good walk, but the city's accessible for pedestrians.

I had to drive into town tonight as my drunken brother left his cell phone in my car on Thursday night.

It should have been a 30 minute round trip but ended up taking me over an hour.

I saw many cars with NY, NJ, NH, RI & ME license plates that had no clue on how to drive in the City. They were straddling lanes, making erratic lane changes, going 10 miles per hour, breaking for no reason, etc.

Does anyone else get frustrated by people who have no idea where the fark they are going? Don't we live in the age of google maps and GPS?

I'll admit that Boston/Cambridge is no picnic for non-local drivers, but its not that hard to get around.

you are so right

please keep the ma$$hole plates out of my state

Boston has a terrible road system for walkers and drivers, in general. I could see why so many people would get lost or go slow because of that. New York's grid system is much more efficient, just saying.

Huh? Boston is one of the most walkable cities I've ever seen. Driving, on the other hand, oy!

you are so right

please keep the ma$$hole plates out of my state

I forgot to mention the chick in the Honda CRV with VT plates on Memorial Drive. Can you say marked lane violation? She was all over the farking place!

Like Burlington or Montpelier or so hard to drive around!!!!

I forgot to mention the chick in the Honda CRV with VT plates on Memorial Drive. Can you say marked lane violation? She was all over the farking place!

Like Burlington or Montpelier or so hard to drive around!!!!

Yah, ya see we have to avoid all the loose farm animals walking on our roads.

Lots of sheep up here, the redistribution has already begun;)

Huh? Boston is one of the most walkable cities I've ever seen. Driving, on the other hand, oy!

Yeah, I take that back. It's nicer to walk in Boston, thinking about it. Everything in NYC is...gray. Detracts from the experience unless you're near Central Park. Can be confusing though in Boston, but that's probably from only being there like twice.

I believe that would be the Kendall stop on the Red Line. C'mon Jim is your memory that bad?

Steve, I haven't been there in 3 years and most of the time I was there it was for partying purposes. :)

I will say that the place called cheers sucked and looked nothing like the TV show. it was like a tourist attraction, that's all.

Steve, I haven't been there in 3 years and most of the time I was there it was for partying purposes. :)

I will say that the place called cheers sucked and looked nothing like the TV show. it was like a tourist attraction, that's all.

Cheers on Beacon Street never looked like the show it was based on. The only thing that looked the same was the sign outside and the stairwell heading downstairs.

Cheers in Faneuil Hall looks just like the tv show (Tourist trap).

If you ever get your arse back up here give me a call.

That because you're a sucker. ;) The real "Cheers" is based on a bar called the Bull & Finch - and that's in Beacon Hill. Yup, It's a tourist trap - but it's "resembles" the Cheers bar, kind of. There is a bar called "Cheers" in the South Station - that place is nothing like the TV cheers (although I did have a kick-ass going away work party there many years ago) and then there is that Cheers tourist trap in Fanueil Hall. AVOID.

Which one did you go to, Tourist Boy?

BTW - I haven't been to any of them is a gazillion years, but I walk by the one in Fanuiel Hall often since I work in the area.

Cheers on Beacon Street never looked like the show it was based on. The only thing that looked the same was the sign outside and the stairwell heading downstairs.

Cheers in Faneuil Hall looks just like the tv show (Tourist trap).

If you ever get your arse back up here give me a call.

It wasn't the one in Faneuil Hall. it was somewhere else (can't remember where) but I had to walk downstairs to get in and it was cramped.

Absolutely! will do! I just don't know when that will be. :)

That because you're a sucker. ;) The real "Cheers" is based on a bar called the Bull & Finch - and that's in Beacon Hill. Yup, It's a tourist trap - but it's "resembles" the Cheers bar, kind of. There is a bar called "Cheers" in the South Station - that place is nothing like the TV cheers (although I did have a kick-ass going away work party there many years ago) and then there is that Cheers tourist trap in Fanueil Hall. AVOID.

Which one did you go to, Tourist Boy?

BTW - I haven't been to any of them is a gazillion years, but I walk by the one in Fanuiel Hall often since I work in the area.

HAHAHA! Yes, I'm such a sucker. :spock:

One of my favorite places was John Harvard's brew house. that Kolsch Ale kicks ass.

And I also had fun eating in the north end. although I will never take the T from Cambridge to the North end ever again. that sucked, even for a sucker like me.

Disclaimer: the reason why I took the T was because we didn't want to drink and drive. also, I got ID'd at some club close to back bay 4 years ago! \:D/

It wasn't the one in Faneuil Hall. it was somewhere else (can't remember where) but I had to walk downstairs to get in and it was cramped.

Absolutely! will do! I just don't know when that will be. :)

HAHAHA! Yes, I'm such a sucker. :spock:

One of my favorite places was John Harvard's brew house. that Kolsch Ale kicks ass.

And I also had fun eating in the north end. although I will never take the T from Cambridge to the North end ever again. that sucked, even for a sucker like me.

Disclaimer: the reason why I took the T was because we didn't want to drink and drive. also, I got ID'd at some club close to back bay 4 years ago! \:D/

The red line - at night - is full of freaks. Actually, it's kind of freaky during the day too :)

Take a cab, cheapo.

I love when New Yorkers come to New Jersey and forget about the U-Turn thing. Seeing them try to take left turns on highways as everyone beeps at them, well that is just awesome!

:rl:

I was just going to mention that.... idiots making left turns and having no clue what a "jughandle" is.... I guess those signs "All Turns" with an arrow pointing to the right mean nothing. :confused0058:

I always wondered too, even if the driver was absolutely oblivious to the signs, wouldn't the 70 mile an hour traffic and lack of turning lanes clue them into thinking "maybe this isn't the best place to turn" :wild:

I took a cab back, Gladys. I wasn't gonna go through that **** twice. :P

Hahahahaha.....the T at night is interesting for sure. Any BC kids throw up on your shoes? The T after a Red Sox game is torture. If you ever 'wanna feel like a sardine, try the green line right after the last out at Fenway.

Archived