Dogs

Preston Howley III

here check out a sinplet of dogs, performed by my band and feedback me:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/indicafilms/dogs.m4a

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/indicafilms/time.m4a

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/indicafilms/wishuwerehere.m4a

i definately will work in itunes.....

Only listened to the sample of Dogs. You guys do a good job capturing the feel of the song.

cheers,

d

Yep. Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd album. What's yours?

Animals is one of my all time favs by anybody.

Funny how to many people, Wish You Where Here and Animals is kinda lost in between Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Maybe it's 'cos there were no mega hits on them. Dunno.

d

back to animals....

i really dont know what it is with that album. maybe the commercial success of dark side and wish u were here put too big an expectation on that release. sometimes I think that it is more of a thinking mans album, compared to the others. other times i think that

it could only be appreciated by real music fans who get high and enjoy epic 20 minute tunes but then it seems that a million people crawl out of the woodwork to claim it as their all time favorite. i dunno....

i am also a HUGE fan of the final cut. but in that regard i am alone. i only met one other person in my life who ranked FC as a top 3 PF album. its # 3 on my list. a dark, sad masterpiece

i am also a HUGE fan of the final cut. but in that regard i am alone. i only met one other person in my life who ranked FC as a top 3 PF album. its # 3 on my list. a dark, sad masterpiece

Anything that followed a monster like the wall was going to come up short. But I agree, it is a great album. There is alot of history in there (stuff about the river Clyde and ship building) and you gotta love the way Waters voice morphs into the sax solo on the gunners dream.

While I like FC, Waters' fascination with war was a little overdone by the time this was released. Seems like he couldn't think of anything else to write about.

My fave album is Meddle, fave tune is Echoes:

Strangers passing in the street

By chance two separate glances meet

And I am you and what I see is me

And do I take you by the hand

And lead you through the land

And help me understand the best I can

and all this time i thought this was a fictional painting. this thing rules. i have to go and see it before it gets torn down

If you were watching the Live 8 coverage very closely, at the Floyd reunion performance during one of the songs (don't remember which), the tower-mounted camera focused in on that building on the horizon, but for only a few seconds.... I thought it was a very nice touch in otherwise terrible coverage...

Archived