Leon Washington...best kick returner in NFL?

BIGASS JETS FAN

I don't know, Washington might actually supplant Hester here real soon.

I'd rank them like this.

1. Devin Hester

2. Leon Washington

3. Joshua Cribbs

4. The Buffalo Bills (Roscoe Parrish / Leodis McKelvin

5. Ted Ginn

6. Nate Burleson

I'm going to agree with that ranking for the moment.

I'd rank them like this.

1. Devin Hester

2. Leon Washington

3. Joshua Cribbs

5. Ted Ginn

6. Nate Burleson

Really? Seriously, really?

Really? Seriously, really?

Ugh, watch the games. Our special teams are far from special, he's had three kick returns called back on penalties that were irrelevant to the play. I know they don't count, but the guy electrifys our offense more often than not.

He will get tripped up short of the 20 every now and then, but he gets us in great field position at least one time per game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTX3dk6zPU

Ugh, watch the games. Our special teams are far from special, he's had three kick returns called back on penalties that were irrelevant to the play. I know they don't count, but the guy electrifys our offense more often than not.

He will get tripped up short of the 20 every now and then, but he gets us in great field position at least one time per game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTX3dk6zPU

They don't count so why did you mention them? I went here http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-n=1 and saw that your 1st round bust is nothing special.

I agree with the ranking but Leon Washington is getting better and better and will be number 1. He is number 1 in the AFC.

Devin Hester has been M.I.A this year and it's not because teams aren't kicking to him. He's just not making plays. I'm not saying he's the next Dante Hall, but he's headed in that direction.

1st round bust? Lol.

Okay, we can leave it at that because you're clueless and I don't want to hijack this thread.

1st round bust? Lol.

Okay, we can leave it at that because you're clueless and I don't want to hijack this thread.

Seriously... Do you honestly think he was worth a top 10 pick, especially when Brady Quinn, Darelle Revis, and Leon Hall were all still on the board?

Call me crazy or call him a bust.

1st round bust? Lol.

The guy is a bust. Live it, breathe it, and embrace it.

Its not your fault that the Dolphins drafted him #9 overall because your Coach at the time knew his family.

Ginn is 100% a bust and there was no way in hell he warranted a first round pick, let alone a top 10 pick.

Cribbs is the best returner in football.

Cribbs, Leon and even Ellis Hobbs are much better than that piece of garbage Ginn.

Clay Davis from The Wire sums up my feelings about this.

TI4-QyAzY64

One fact remains.

Anyone calling a player a bust after he's played just 25 career games is a complete and utter bafoon.

You can say you think he'll eventually become a bust; fine. But to consider him a bust at this point in time is freaking ridiculous. ESPECIALLY at a position that takes a few years to learn in this league.

He has 34 catches this year so it's not like he's doing nothing. 60 catches as a sophomore is pretty good; especially in a run oriented offense that features a bevy of differnet receivers.

Not even to mention that he and Chad Pennington's game couldn't be further apart. Chad is a short, accurate, controled passer that lives over the middle while Ted is a guy that wants to stretch the field.

I also have a hard time believing he's a bust when I'm starting to see him make at least one play like this every game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7KDrHMi90

I'd rank them like this.

1. Devin Hester

2. Leon Washington

3. Joshua Cribbs

5. Ted Ginn

6. Nate Burleson

i don't see why their is such love for devin hester this year. the guy is 30th in the league in kick off returns and doesn't have one over 51 yards this season. he is still a good returner, but how could anyone name him the tops in the league? he is averaging 8 yards less than washington per return this year. that is ALOT. on top of that, where is sproles, hobbs or even chris carr?

One fact remains.

Anyone calling a player a bust after he's played just 25 career games is a complete and utter bafoon.

i must agree. anyone calling a player a bust after less than 2 years is an idiot. he hasn't even been that bad. he has 34 catches, averaging 12 yards a carry and has a couple of tds. as for returning, he hasn't been good, but he only has 12 returns and is still doing better than devin hester which everyone thinks is god based on years other than this one.

One fact remains.

You can say you think he'll eventually become a bust; fine. But to consider him a bust at this point in time is freaking ridiculous. ESPECIALLY at a position that takes a few years to learn in this league.

He has 34 catches this year so it's not like he's doing nothing. 60 catches as a sophomore is pretty good; especially in a run oriented offense that features a bevy of differnet receivers.

Not even to mention that he and Chad Pennington's game couldn't be further apart. Chad is a short, accurate, controled passer that lives over the middle while Ted is a guy that wants to stretch the field.

I also have a hard time believing he's a bust when I'm starting to see him make at least one play like this every game.

the dolphins have a bevy of talented receivers stealing looks from ted ginn? who? camarillo? :rolleyes: fasano? lol. dolphins receiving corps sucks sooth's porkroll loving as$hole.

the dolphins have a bevy of talented receivers stealing looks from ted ginn? who? camarillo? :rolleyes: fasano? lol. dolphins receiving corps sucks sooth's porkroll loving as$hole.

well, i guess cotchery sucked too, because in his second year, he only had 19 receptions for the entire year. coles had 59, which ginn is on pace for. steve smith only had 54, and 3 tds through his first 2 seasons. santana moss only had 30 in his second season. reggie wayne only had 49. i guess they were all major busts, huh?

1st round bust? Lol.

Ginn is a good football player and should improve as you said.

However the real question here is whether or not he should have been a 1st round pick.

I dont think so.

Ask yourself, given the Dolphins needs at the time would you have picked him in the 1st?

Better yet, Would Parcells have picked him (or any other reciever in a 1st rnd ever)?

Regarding Leon,

I wouldnt trade him for Cribbs or Hester.

1) Hester has seen his best years already it seems.

2) Cribbs doesnt have Leons all around football ability.

well, i guess cotchery sucked too, because in his second year, he only had 19 receptions for the entire year. coles had 59, which ginn is on pace for. steve smith only had 54, and 3 tds through his first 2 seasons. santana moss only had 30 in his second season. reggie wayne only had 49. i guess they were all major busts, huh?

none of them were a top 10 pick. moss was a first rounder , not sure about smith. when you talk about the number 10th pick THEN HE IS CONSIDERED A BUST (AT THIS POINT) LATER PICKS ARE ALOUD A FEW YEARS TO MATURE

Receivers frequently take longer to become good.

Laverneues Coles didn't do much his first two years, only came on a little his second year. He stepped up big his third year.

Ginn hasn't done much in his first year and a half but the third year frequently tells the story. I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if he steps up either.

As for Leon on his kickoff returns: Justin Miller was pretty good on kickoff returns before Leon had the job.

When you have two good returners in a row like that, it usually means the team itself is pretty special. Of course Miller didn't handle punts and Leon is really good at those too.....

Just a thought: I wonder is Leon is doing so great on returns this year because Thomas Jones is running so well that Leon's chances of becoming the regular or even semi-regular RB are diminishing?

I'm not saying Leon gets no touches from scrimmage, but I've also felt that Leon always had some kind of chance to take over the starting RB spot on pure talent. The more Jones does well, the more Leon is forced to prove himself on the return teams.

One fact remains.

potw

:rl:

Archived