Titans Losing 14-3 at half

PS17

I don't see how. If they lose this week, we could pull to within 1 game of the #1 seed if we beat them.

Go Jacksonville.

I guess the thought (which I believe) is that they would be easier to beat if they are still undefeated. They would be hungrier after a loss.

Anyway it is 14 - 10 now.

I like your thinking sperm, real balls, but I wanted us to bring them their first loss. Plus I agree with Max, it would probably be a bit easier to beat them if they don't lose today.

I know what Spermie is saying but I wanted this as well. The Titans keep the top spot in the power rankings. The Jets beat them.

Power rankings after that:

1. NY Giants

2. NY Jets

Power rankings is a QB-rating-like stat. It means dick.

You're soft.

True story, I had a dream about you and your wife last night. And yes, I am definitely soft.

Regardless I want the Jets to knock off the undefeated Titans next week.

Screw that. I want the top seed. Enough Herm-like victories. You want the gold.

Good call.

I can't disagree with this assesment..

But I'm a Jets fan whose not ready to believe just yet, thus I'll take the path of least resistance..

The Titans are going to be by far the biggest test for this team this season. Favre will again need to bring his A game. Kerry Collins is far from done as a QB, he was throwing some very pretty passes in that game. The Titans are FAR from one dimensional now on offense, I'm incredibly concerned about their TE's and RB's (Chris Johnson) in the short passing game. They could tear us apart with underneath stuff.

Jacksonville's secondary is extremely over-rated (I never got on the Rashean Mathis bandwagon) so what Collins did against their secondary doesn't impress me. Lets see him go to Justin Gage on a regular basis against Darrelle Revis. I'm also fairly confident in either Law or Lowery against whoever Tennessee's #2 receiver is (McCareins maybe?).

The key match-up is going to be Johnson & White against Jenkins and the run defense. If the Jets can contain them, not shut them down because that won't happen, we should have a good shot at winning a 17-14, 21-20 type game.

Personally I see the game coming down to Favre vs Collins in the air and when I look at Tens WR's vs our CB's and our WR's vs Ten's CBs, with Favre on our side and Collins on their side, I have to say that I like our chances.

The Titans are going to be by far the biggest test for this team this season. Favre will again need to bring his A game. Kerry Collins is far from done as a QB, he was throwing some very pretty passes in that game. The Titans are FAR from one dimensional now on offense, I'm incredibly concerned about their TE's and RB's (Chris Johnson) in the short passing game. They could tear us apart with underneath stuff.

This and Favre are my biggest concerns..

I feel like Favre is due for a boneheaded iNT

I think the defense needs to bring their A+ game.

This and Favre are my biggest concerns..

I feel like Favre is due for a boneheaded iNT

I think the defense needs to bring their A+ game.

Yup, We need to avoid bring sell out blitzes (Where all the underneath stuff opens up) and get to Collins bringing at most 4-5. Force Collins to throw downfield under pressure. Our LB's are really going to have to step up in coverage, which is something I'm not convinced they're capable of doing. I'm actually pretty confident we'll contain their running attack and none of those WR's scare me at all.

Favre needs to play like he did Thursday night and play an almost flawless game. If the KC or Oakland game Brett Favre shows up, we don't have a chance IMO.

Yup, We need to avoid bring sell out blitzes (Where all the underneath stuff opens up) and get to Collins bringing at most 4-5. Force Collins to throw downfield under pressure. Our LB's are really going to have to step up in coverage, which is something I'm not convinced they're capable of doing. I'm actually pretty confident we'll contain their running attack and none of those WR's scare me at all.

Favre needs to play like he did Thursday night and play an almost flawless game. If the KC or Oakland game Brett Favre shows up, we don't have a chance IMO.

Favre has to be Vintage Favre for us to win, I can't see us running on this team as much.

Look for Tennessee to try and switch Haynesworth outside to RE an awful lot. They do that quite a bit with him and a match up of Haynesworth vs Brick on the outside would be a complete disaster for us. I like Brick and rate him a lot higher than most Jet fans but to say power rushers aren't his thing is a bit of an understatement.

Archived