Flex Schedule November 30th vs. Broncos

Bugg

The NFL.com and ESPN both indicate the Jets are scheduled to play the Broncos at 1pm, and also that the Giants are scheduled to play at the Redskins at 1pm.That clearly isn't going to happen. NBC and Fox do not want and HAVE NEVER HAD to 2 NY teams go head-to-head.

The current 8PM game for that day is 4-5 Jaguars against the 3-7 Texans.Can fearlessly predict either the Jets or Giants are getting flexed to 8pm.

The NFL can also move games around, so we could also be moved to 4pm. ANd there are limits to how many prime time games teams can play, and CBS and Fox can block games being moved to 8pm. The Giants and SKins have both been on in PT a lot, but I don't know what the parameters are beyond they exist.

Jets and Giants cannot play at the same time so at the very least one will be moved to 4pm.

Bears/Vikings is the SNF game that week, two 5-5 teams, and not much sex appeal in that game.

However, Jets/Broncos has all the making of what the NFL could want.

Two first place teams (no matter what happens next week Denver will be in 1st and the Jets will either be in 1st alone or tied for 1st with the tiebreaker), the old gunslinger Brett Favre vs the young gunslinger Jay Cutler and of course John Madden loves him some Brett Favre as does the NFL.

I really do believe that Jets/Broncos is going to be flexed to 8pm, which sucks for us that are going to the game, especially since the Giants and Redskins have enough MNF and SNF games to begin with.

The NFL can also move games around, so we could also be moved to 4pm. ANd there are limits to how many prime time games teams can play, and CBS and Fox can block games being moved to 8pm. The Giants and SKins have both been on in PT a lot, but I don't know what the parameters are beyond they exist.

NFL is the one who moves the games around, not the networks.

Both CBS & FOX got to choose 5 games from Week 11-17, not 5 games a week just 5 games, before October. One of those games for CBS was Jets/Titans and I believe there was not another Jet game that was protected. FOX very well could've protected the Giants/Redskins game, but we don't know yet.

Each team is allowed 5 or 6 Thursday, Sunday, Saturday or Monday night games. I'm not sure but I think its 6.

Also, we will know any changes to the schedule by Tuesday night as the teams have to know 12 days prior to the day of the game if any changes in time are going to be made.

BTW, the Skins are playing their 3rd and last primetime game tonight, although of course there could be another flexed in for them.

The Giants have played 3 and have a 4th one left.

So unless that game is protected by FOX the NFL could choose to switch that game to 8:15.

When it comes down to it I just can't see how the NFL could stick with Minnesota-Chicago. Just can't. Especially with how both teams played today and a decision needing to be made by Tuesday night.

These are four games easily with more sex appeal and better teams for NBC:

Giants @ Redskins

Broncos @ Jets

Pittsburgh @ New England

Carolina @ Green Bay

There is no possible way that all 4 of those games were protected. CBS & FOX wouldn't waste 2 of their 5 protection possibilities in a week when they have Weeks 11-16 to protect 5 games.

http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1225739056

Protected games:

Week 11 - SD @ PIT, CH @ GB

Week 12 - NYJ @ TN, NYG @ AZ

Week 13 - PIT @ NE, NYG @ WAS

Week 14 - JAX @ CH, DAL @ PIT

Week 15 - None

Week 16 - PIT @ TN, PHL @ WAS

Well, thats great that someone posted that but nobody knows 100% for sure.... unless maybe this guy does, ha. But I doubt it. If he's right though it makes it even likelier that we'll have Jets/Broncos at 8.

BTW, the giants web site (patriot) asterisks next to the last 4 weeks, which shows time is subject to change.. however, the Washington game does not...

The jets website still has the time as TBA.

Sunday, 11/30 1:00 PM ET FOX @ Washington

Sunday, 12/7 1:00 PM ET* FOX Philadelphia

Sunday, 12/14 8:15 PM ET* NBC @ Dallas

Sunday, 12/21 1:00 PM ET* FOX Carolina

Sunday, 12/28 1:00 PM ET* FOX @Minnesota

Well FOX protected the Washington game but they could still place it at 4 instead of 1 I believe.

That is something I would like to know... when a network protects a game, is the time locked in. Cant find any info anywhere giving a definite answer. But, it would be smarter for the NFL to put an almost west coast team on at 4pm instead of 2 eastern teams.

I could easily see us be moved to 8 p.m. seriously how many times has the country seen giants and reskins on sunday night football. The Jets and Broncos will be the better game as both will most likely be in 1st place and both will be battling for a higher playoff position in the AFC.

And getting Madden to say BRETT FAVRE 5000 times.

Would really suck if it gets turned into an 8 o clock game.

Agreed.

My cousin from Connecticut is coming down for the game and has class early morning on Monday. Not only is it an hour and a half home for me from the stadium its 3 hours for him.

Id say the Jets/Broncos are under heavy consideration. If the Jets played a team like the Seahawks this week Id say it would be a definite since NBC would figure both the Jets and Broncos would come in on winning streaks. With Denver a west team Id be surprised if the game was earlier than 4:15, especially since CBS has the national game that week in the afternoon and that would be the national broadcast they would want. The other 8PM option is Pittsburgh/NE, but I think there is fear that the Pats could be 6-5 and they could put Cassel back in a shell again like that awful Colts game a few weeks ago. If that game isnt taken that would be the CBS national game.

Id say the Jets/Broncos are under heavy consideration. If the Jets played a team like the Seahawks this week Id say it would be a definite since NBC would figure both the Jets and Broncos would come in on winning streaks. With Denver a west team Id be surprised if the game was earlier than 4:15, especially since CBS has the national game that week in the afternoon and that would be the national broadcast they would want. The other 8PM option is Pittsburgh/NE, but I think there is fear that the Pats could be 6-5 and they could put Cassel back in a shell again like that awful Colts game a few weeks ago. If that game isnt taken that would be the CBS national game.

Apparently PIT-NE was one of CBS' 5 protected games Week 11-16.

And no matter what Denver does they will be in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC West entering the Jets game either at 6-5 or 7-4.

As for the Jets, no matter what they do they will be in 1st place of the AFC East. Either 8-3 with sole possession or tied at 7-4 with Miami or New England and they would hold the tiebreaker with either club (Head to Head with MIA and Division record with NE -- Pats have same amount of W's if they win Sunday but 1 more loss).

Favre vs Cutler - Old vs Young gunslinger

and of course

Madden & Favre.

The NFL.com and ESPN both indicate the Jets are scheduled to play the Broncos at 1pm, and also that the Giants are scheduled to play at the Redskins at 1pm.That clearly isn't going to happen. NBC and Fox do not want and HAVE NEVER HAD to 2 NY teams go head-to-head.

The current 8PM game for that day is 4-5 Jaguars against the 3-7 Texans.Can fearlessly predict either the Jets or Giants are getting flexed to 8pm.

It's scheduled like that for ALL future games because they do not determine the times until 10-12 days prior now.

Archived