Carolina: Not sad to see Jenkins move on

Matt39

Sometimes it's just better for a player to be elsewhere. For both the player & the team he leaves behind. They haven't replaced him with a better talent & they know it. But the team is better without him. Our team is clearly better with him.

Tiki Barber & Jeremy Shockey leaving the Giants are other examples. No one thinks Derrick Ward is a better RB to pair with Jacobs than Barber, talent-wise. And absolutely no one thinks Boss is a better talent/player than Shockey. But the team as a whole is better off sometimes with these lesser-talent (even lesser-performance) players.

There are other examples. It just happens sometimes.

Sometimes it's just better for a player to be elsewhere. For both the player & the team he leaves behind. They haven't replaced him with a better talent & they know it. But the team is better without him. Our team is clearly better with him.

Tiki Barber & Jeremy Shockey leaving the Giants are other examples. No one thinks Derrick Ward is a better RB to pair with Jacobs than Barber, talent-wise. And absolutely no one thinks Boss is a better talent/player than Shockey. But the team as a whole is better off sometimes with these lesser-talent (even lesser-performance) players.

There are other examples. It just happens sometimes.

One big difference though...I don't consider Jenkins a jerk. The same can't be said for Barber and Shockey.

One big difference though...I don't consider Jenkins a jerk. The same can't be said for Barber and Shockey.

True, never got the idea that Jenkins was an ahole. And obviously this season he has more incentive to stay in shape. Seems that was his main problem in Carolina.

I don't either. The Carolina players pre-2008 don't feel the same way, though. And they were around him a little more than we are.

Sometimes people need a change of scenery. T.O. wasn't a jerk (by his standards) in his first season in Philly either. Then that changed pretty quickly the following season.

shockey is ripping apart the saints as we speak. he hasnt been there a year and him and drew brees have had words.

im happy with jenk as i am sure everyone on here is.

Carolina is winning because they are a much more talented team than last year … not because Jenkins is gone.

They have Jake Delhomme back this year who missed all but 2.5 games last season. You think having your starting QB playing from one year to the next makes a big difference? Especially when the remaining 13 games were started by an off-the-couch Vinny Testaverde, David Carr, and Matt Moore. Funniest thing is that Matt Moore had the best winning percentage of the 3 of them.

They replaced DeShaun Foster who is a bum of a RB with a two-headed monster of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Williams did get carries last year also but it was in a share with Foster who got the majority (over 100 more carries than Williams).

They got Mushin Muhammed back and even though he is 827 years old, he is still a huge upgrade over Drew Carter and Keary Colbert, already has stats that destroy theirs from a season ago even though there is still 6 games remaining, and he is one of the premier run-blocking WRs in the NFL which is further helping to make their running game dominant.

Without going into further detail, those 3 things alone have a MUCH LARGER impact on the Panthers’ turn around then trading Kris Jenkins does. I think the article would have been better if it was titled, “Imagine The Panthers Still Had Kris Jenkins …”

The thing with Jenkins could be he's a big city type guy. Carolina...a guy like Jenkins would be bored out of his mind out there. Some people can't handle the NY pressure and absolutely crumble, other guys thrive in it to a degree that is impossible for them elsewhere. Jenkin is the latter type, and that's why it works for us and them.

That's the second time I've clicked that link now and both times it was the same garbage broken half-assed message board.

Haha I was wondering if I was the only one...

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Most users ever online was 11 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:24 am

Registered Users: None

Archived