Cats are pretty freakin' resilient

Lady Jet

Here's a long cat story for ya. If you don't have the patience, click back now! :)

I'm a pretty big cat lover. My favorite ever was my "Turbo" who we had to put down a little over a year ago at 18+ years of age. What a great cat he was. He played fetch, he took walks with me everywhere, he was just superb.

Anyway, about a year before he left us, my husband and girls (15 and 7 at the time) came home from the local Petsmart and wanted me to go back with them so we could adopt another cat.

Of course, once we made it there the girls had two different cats in mind. A cute grey, female who was abandoned, and a handsome young male grey-striped tiger.

I never really took to these cats, but did so for my kids sake.

The male is a huge scaredy-cat and is dumb as a doorknob.

The female is a killing machine and kinda bitchy. Never had a girl cat before, and never realized that there was an endless supply of small rodents (field mice, moles, etc.) that she could bring as gifts? Not to mention, crows, bluejays, rabbits, chipmunks, baby opossums, a squirrel, misc. birds and what not that she has brought home.

Yeah, and we loved the time she brought the live bird in the house and let it go. Having some type of pigeon type thing perched on my bay window curtain rod was just lovely.

Anyway, pain in the butt female snuck out Sunday morning and didn't come back. She's alterered...all my cats are, so it was a cause for concern. She is the one that my 10 year old thinks is hers...even though I am the one that feeds the darn thing, cleans her litter box and takes her to the vet, etc.

Didn't have the heart to tell my 10 year old that "her" cat was missing, and I also figured she hadn't noticed yet, so we kept it to ourselves (my husband and I) as we checked out the local shelters and canvassed neighbors.

"Jaws" showed up today, crying at the back door. I'm thinking she was trapped in a neighbors shed or garage, or perhaps the new home around the corner. She was a little thin, and very ravished. Ate about three cans of cat food, before conking out on her favorite blue blanket. Woke up about an hour later, ate some more, bitched at the dumb boy cat and slept some more.

And I don't still don't think anybody ever noticed she was missing except me, and my husband. And only because I told him she was missing.

sheesh. ;)

Here's a long cat story for ya. If you don't have the patience, click back now! :)

I'm a pretty big cat lover. My favorite ever was my "Turbo" who we had to put down a little over a year ago at 18+ years of age. What a great cat he was. He played fetch, he took walks with me everywhere, he was just superb.

Anyway, about a year before he left us, my husband and girls (15 and 7 at the time) came home from the local Petsmart and wanted me to go back with them so we could adopt another cat.

Of course, once we made it there the girls had two different cats in mind. A cute grey, female who was abandoned, and a handsome young male grey-striped tiger.

I never really took to these cats, but did so for my kids sake.

The male is a huge scaredy-cat and is dumb as a doorknob.

The female is a killing machine and kinda bitchy. Never had a girl cat before, and never realized that there was an endless supply of small rodents (field mice, moles, etc.) that she could bring as gifts? Not to mention, crows, bluejays, rabbits, chipmunks, baby opossums, a squirrel, misc. birds and what not that she has brought home.

Yeah, and we loved the time she brought the live bird in the house and let it go. Having some type of pigeon type thing perched on my bay window curtain rod was just lovely.

Anyway, pain in the butt female snuck out Sunday morning and didn't come back. She's alterered...all my cats are, so it was a cause for concern. She is the one that my 10 year old thinks is hers...even though I am the one that feeds the darn thing, cleans her litter box and takes her to the vet, etc.

Didn't have the heart to tell my 10 year old that "her" cat was missing, and I also figured she hadn't noticed yet, so we kept it to ourselves (my husband and I) as we checked out the local shelters and canvassed neighbors.

"Jaws" showed up today, crying at the back door. I'm thinking she was trapped in a neighbors shed or garage, or perhaps the new home around the corner. She was a little thin, and very ravished. Ate about three cans of cat food, before conking out on her favorite blue blanket. Woke up about an hour later, ate some more, bitched at the dumb boy cat and slept some more.

And I don't still don't think anybody ever noticed she was missing except me, and my husband. And only because I told him she was missing.

sheesh. ;)

You now owe me 3 minutes of my life back and a few squandered brain cells

i also love kitties.. and our two old cats (18+ years) had to be put down 3 years ago. took me 2 + years to get over them. My daughter was ready for kittens so we went to a rescue place, and got two ( brother and sister) i do believe that our two past cats have come back and taken over the bodies of these two kittens.. they are eerily similar ...

i am glad your kittie came back, lady

i also love kitties.. and our two old cats (18+ years) had to be put down 3 years ago. took me 2 + years to get over them. My daughter was ready for kittens so we went to a rescue place, and got two ( brother and sister) i do believe that our two past cats have come back and taken over the bodies of these two kittens.. they are eerily similar ...

i am glad your kittie came back, lady

I lost my Siamese, Crockett, 5 years ago (bad kidneys) and I still miss him. He went everywhere I did. He'd fetch, sit up and beg, chase you around the house if you started to run. He was , as my daughter says, a catdog having many dog like traits.

not furry ones

Well, I like a landing strip myself. But I also am a big fan of the four-legged one's. My ex-wife got me into cats. Grew up a staunch dogist and now love both. I don't ever let my two boys, Goofy Maloof Turkey & Joe Vanderbeans, outside. Rather keep 'em bored and safe. Besides, sniffing each other's butts (right up your all joebaby, right?) seems to keep 'em busy enough.

Glad to hear your girl came back safe LJ.

Archived