Thanksgiving Day Football's Games this year

Needs to change. Have you seen the games this season?

12:30: Tennessee @ Detroit

4:15: Seattle @ Dallas

Arizona @ Philadelphia at 8:15 on the NFL N is good, but by then so many are tired from the turkery or drunk, or whatever, or like me all the of the above and have work 5-2 on Black Friday, :suicide:

We need to do one of the other in the NFL.

Either:

A. Go back to Chicago @ Detroit and Washington @ Dallas and nothing else

OR

B. Change it up. You can keep Dallas since they're such a national team, but enough of Detroit. Get an AFC team to host a game each year. Maybe Pittsburgh? New England? The Jets? Denver? SOMEONE.

Arizona @ Philadelphia at 8:15 on the NFL N is good, but by then so many are tired from the turkery or drunk, or whatever, or like me all the of the above and have work 5-2 on Black Friday, :suicide:

Either:

OR

B. Change it up. You can keep Dallas since they're such a national team, but enough of Detroit. Get an AFC team to host a game each year. Maybe Pittsburgh? New England? The Jets? Denver? SOMEONE.

Man I can't wait to have myself some Thanksgiving turkery!

Either:

OR

I guess my big TV being down is not such a big deal for t-Day

I'm looking forward to the Turkey, but that's a horrible slate of games. The NFL really needs to change the set up of those games. Detroit needs to be stripped of that game. Plus, why is only 1 AFC team playing that day?

I think the NFL should make sure that if they are keeping Detroit and Dallas as the Thanksgiving hosts, that they must play an AFC team then.

I'm looking forward to the Turkey, but that's a horrible slate of games. The NFL really needs to change the set up of those games. Detroit needs to be stripped of that game. Plus, why is only 1 AFC team playing that day?

I think the NFL should make sure that if they are keeping Detroit and Dallas as the Thanksgiving hosts, that they must play an AFC team then.

Or alternate between Detroit & Dallas every year and have 2 AFC alternate (hopefully not the Jets)

Or alternate between Detroit & Dallas every year and have 2 AFC alternate (hopefully not the Jets)

That would work too.

It's ridiculous in this day-and-age, that Thanksgiving is a NFC showcase day, especially with Detroit being putrid for the last decade.

Either:

OR

When is black friday?

Tradition for Detroit on Thanksgiving - call me a sentimentalist but let them continue it- Detroit needs something positive.

good to know there's a heart somewhere that mean gruff exterior :mrgreen:

sorry 124 I have little to do with scheduling but i'll make a couple calls

Detroit will always host a Thanksgiving game. Payback for being the first franchise to agree to play on Thanksgiving every single year when all the others balked at the commitment.

Mike and Mike brought this up today and Mike was right. Detroit does not attend this game and it is blacked out. Why must the rest of the nation be subject to this putrid team?

Once every ten years the Lions have a real good team. The remainder of the time they have a 6-9 win team.

I do not think they should take it away totally, but they need to have a stipulation to it. For them and Dallas, as long as they can maintain a level of success, 10 win in a season or .600 percent for a 5 year period, they can host a game.

However, if the team, for instance the Lions are as putrid as they are now (31-91 over the last 7+ years), they lose the game for a season. Then the Superbowl champion gets the game. A reward for their play. If both teams suck, give the Superbowl participants the right to host a game.

Wouldn't it be awesome of the Lions won there 1st game at the Titans on thanksgiving?

That would be some kind of accomplishment seeing as the game is in Detroit.

Also I think it woudl be better if Detroit handed Tennessee their second loss, giving the Jets a better shot at the #1 seed.

Mike and Mike brought this up today and Mike was right. Detroit does not attend this game and it is blacked out. Why must the rest of the nation be subject to this putrid team?

Once every ten years the Lions have a real good team. The remainder of the time they have a 6-9 win team.

I do not think they should take it away totally, but they need to have a stipulation to it. For them and Dallas, as long as they can maintain a level of success, 10 win in a season or .600 percent for a 5 year period, they can host a game.

However, if the team, for instance the Lions are as putrid as they are now (31-91 over the last 7+ years), they lose the game for a season. Then the Superbowl champion gets the game. A reward for their play. If both teams suck, give the Superbowl participants the right to host a game.

I didn't say I agree with it. It goes back to the 1930's or 50's or something. IMO it's been long enough.

Tradition for Detroit on Thanksgiving - call me a sentimentalist but let them continue it- Detroit needs something positive.

Totally agree. That fanbase has suffered mightily, why take their one shining moment from them?

My opinion is that they should use that damn flex scheduling thing and give us 4 T-day games in total. Dallas, Detroit, NFL Net, and one more which will be flexed in order to give us a good game.

Totally agree. That fanbase has suffered mightily, why take their one shining moment from them?

My opinion is that they should use that damn flex scheduling thing and give us 4 T-day games in total. Dallas, Detroit, NFL Net, and one more which will be flexed in order to give us a good game.

Sometimes tradition is good - The Lions usually have played well on Thanksgiving by the way even though their record has not been good over the years..

Sometimes tradition is good - The Lions usually have played well on Thanksgiving by the way even though their record has not been good over the years..

Ya know, my son and I were talking recently about Thanksgiving. We're not that far from Detroit. We may just take a trip over there one of these years just to see what it's like to attend a Lions game on Thanksgiving.

I can't imagine too many Detroit fans itching to see their team get smoked on national TV. I say change that up, nobody ever wants to see the Lions play.

Archived