Fitzy

JetFanBird

I don't know if I'm out of the loop here but I thought 'Fitzy' was a real die hard Pats* fan. In reality he's just a guy named Nick Stevens who lives in New York. He just plays the character of a Pats* fan. Now that I think about it I knew I recognized him from those VH1 pop culture shows, where he has no accent what so ever.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/18/hanging_with_paul_fitzy_fitzgerald/?page=2

http://www.hulu.com/watch/21459/funny-white-guys-nick-stevens

Btw, If everyone already knew this, dump this thread :bag:.

Sorry but I've met Nick/Fitzy in real life and he is a diehard Patriots and Red Sox fan. Yes the whole Fitzy thing is an act (who the hells name is really Fitzy?) but he is a diehard Boston sports fan who lives in New York. But he was born and raised in Massachusetts.

Sorry but I've met Nick/Fitzy in real life and he is a diehard Patriots and Red Sox fan. Yes the whole Fitzy thing is an act (who the hells name is really Fitzy?) but he is a diehard Boston sports fan who lives in New York. But he was born and raised in Massachusetts.

Dude, do you have ANY idea how many people in the Boston area are called Fitzy or Sully? (nicknames from their surnames). For every 10 people, there is one Fitzy. For every 8 people there is one Sully. There is a reason why there is an irish pub on every frickin' block, you know.

Thanks for the clarification Joe. I was somewhat relieved when bird posted that he wasnt a pats fan - I always have a hard time hating on and telling a fellow Irishman to bugger off. But football is thicker than blood. F him.

Dude, do you have ANY idea how many people in the Boston area are called Fitzy or Sully? (nicknames from their surnames). For every 10 people, there is one Fitzy. For every 8 people there is one Sully. There is a reason why there is an irish pub on every frickin' block, you know.

If someones legal name is "Fitzy", well then I just feel sorry for them.

Fitzy is short for Fitzgerald, as his name for the character.

His character name is Paul 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald, so maybe I should of put that instead of just 'Fitzy'. Someone could most certainly name their kid Paul.

I said "called" - not their legal name...although you'd never know it 'round these parts. Trust me. Anyone who's surname starts with Fitz - is 'gonna be called Fitzy. It's just the way it is in Boston. Seeing that Boston is part of his schtick - and being a burping beer drinker to access is also part of his schtick - well, Fitzy fits.

Alright, I was just letting people that thought he was a real person know that he is actually a guy named Nick Stevens with no boston accent and is a stand up comedian from New York. He is probably faking his addiction to Boston sports, as soon as he shows up to a football game his character clicks on ;).

GArb

please don't ever use the word "Dude" ever again

Character name = Paul "Fitzy" Fitzgerald..

Trust me, if anyone knows what he does and who he is its me and Gainzo. We follow him religiously. I was making a point that his last name for the character is Fitzgerald.

Christ.

Archived