Be Ready for Tennessee to Get All the Calls Today

JMJ

The NFL is a business. On Thanksgiving Thursday, the prime time, 12:30 afternoon turkey day football game is pitting the 0-10 Detroit Lions against the (currently) 10-0 Tennessee Titans. Thanksgiving Day games draw huge ratings and the NFL charges their advertisers mucho dollars in order to advertise during such games. The only, ONLY way this game really holds any intrigue to try and assure that all (most) NFL football fans surely want to tune in for the 12:30 kickoff is if the game has the backdrop of the 0-11 Lions battling the 11-0 Titans.

The 0-11 (or 1-10) Lions going against the 10-1 Titans absolutely steals any small drop of allure this game would carry which would be terrible for the NFL and it's sponsors.

Call me cynical or a conspiracy theorists or whatever else you may, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (the sureness of the title of the post was more to assure you clicked in ;)).

The NFL is a business. On Thanksgiving Thursday, the prime time, 12:30 afternoon turkey day football game is pitting the 0-10 Detroit Lions against the (currently) 10-0 Tennessee Titans. Thanksgiving Day games draw huge ratings and the NFL charges their advertisers mucho dollars in order to advertise during such games. The only, ONLY way this game really holds any intrigue to try and assure that all (most) NFL football fans surely want to tune in for the 12:30 kickoff is if the game has the backdrop of the 0-11 Lions battling the 11-0 Titans.

The 0-11 (or 1-10) Lions going against the 10-1 Titans absolutely steals any small drop of allure this game would carry which would be terrible for the NFL and it's sponsors.

Call me cynical or a conspiracy theorists or whatever else you may, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (the sureness of the title of the post was more to assure you clicked in ;)).

last i looked kraft wasn't owner of T1ts

be positive, if jets play well we will win today.

last i looked kraft wasn't owner of T1ts

be positive, if jets play well we will win today.

Trust me dude, I think the Titans are tailor-made for us.

- Their strength on offense is their running game ... we're #4 in the NFL against the run.

- If they can't effectively run the ball on us they are then depending on Kerry Collins to beat us through the air. Collins, while a solid veteran leader, is like a statue in the pocket ... the Jets are #2 in the NFL coming into this week in sacks.

- The Titans only beat two teams with a winning record and have had a cream-puff schedule. One of those teams was Indy. Indy is the exact opposite of a team built to beat Tennessee. Just like I said Tennessee is tailor-made for us, Indy is tailor-made for them (Bob Sanders was out that week).

I would not be surprised in the least if we go in there and win today. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm expecting it. :box:

Trust me dude, I think the Titans are tailor-made for us.

- Their strength on offense is their running game ... we're #4 in the NFL against the run.

- If they can't effectively run the ball on us they are then depending on Kerry Collins to beat us through the air. Collins, while a solid veteran leader, is like a statue in the pocket ... the Jets are #2 in the NFL coming into this week in sacks.

- The Titans only beat two teams with a winning record and have had a cream-puff schedule. One of those teams was Indy. Indy is the exact opposite of a team built to beat Tennessee. Just like I said Tennessee is tailor-made for us, Indy is tailor-made for them (Bob Sanders was out that week).

I would not be surprised in the least if we go in there and win today. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm expecting it. :box:

The Titan defense is a mismatch against our offense. The Jets offense is more finesse and the Titans defense is physical, this match up has me worried

The Titan defense is a mismatch against our offense. The Jets offense is more finesse and the Titans defense is physical, this match up has me worried

Our offense will do fine if Shotty keeps doing what he has the last few weeks. And that is, use the pass to set up the run.

Our offense will do fine if Shotty keeps doing what he has the last few weeks. And that is, use the pass to set up the run.

I have a feeling the Titans are going to slide Haynesworth to face D'brick. D'brick has not done well against physical battles against him, this could be his biggest test of his career. If D'brick does well I will begin to crown him like many already have.

I have a feeling the Titans are going to slide Haynesworth to face D'brick. D'brick has not done well against physical battles against him, this could be his biggest test of his career. If D'brick does well I will begin to crown him like many already have.

0% chance.

Haynesworth makes their run defense. They move him outside and their run defense is nothing special.

Not happening.

Oh geeeesh. You clowns are already whining and complaining and the game hasn't even started yet!!!! Gosh.

And I guess you don't believe that we really landed on the moon huh? Your theory is ridiculous.

Dude..seriously you don't move a 0 technique to a 5 technique...It would be like Mangold and Brick switching positions..Different everything...really guy..think before

you post.

0% chance.

Haynesworth makes their run defense. They move him outside and their run defense is nothing special.

Not happening.

I could see them sliding him over to LDT over Moore. Moore has played well, but he would be no match for Haynesworth, even with constant double teaming from Mangold. It would make sense as well since the Jets run much better to their right then left.

0% chance.

Not happening.

They do it quite often BTW, move Haynesworth outside. They run all sorts of stunts up front too so I'm sure they will find a way to get him favourbale matchups. Not only that but they can move him out at will on passing downs.

Dude..seriously you don't move a 0 technique to a 5 technique...It would be like Mangold and Brick switching positions..Different everything...really guy..think before

you post.

Do you ever watch the Titans play? Heck they done it a few times vs us last season too. They move their line around.

Good observation...

I wonder though, since it's the only game in town, if they would figure people would watch anyway...

0% chance.

Not happening.

I guess I wasn't thinking about obvious passing situations when I made this statement, but I'm eating crow nonetheless.

:bag:

LOL! :hand::biggrin:

Archived