who are you rooting for next week?

Jetkid94

assuming jets win, who are you rooting for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. assuming jets win, who are you rooting for?

• Steelers- at least a 2 game lead on all of the east is what we need.
    • Pats- oppurtunity to control our own destiny for the east and the bye.

this may be more tough than the pats-phins game.

steelers@pats. If we win and pats win we still have a lead in the east, but would also have a 1 game lead for the bye. if we win and the steelers win, we are tied for the bye, but have a comfortable 2 game lead on all 3 east teams.

so would you rather have that comfortable east lead, and have a dogfight with the steelers to end the year, OR have a little cushion for the east, but control our destiny for the bye?

Originally i wanted the pats to win, but I think having a 2 game lead for the division on all 3 teams is absolutly huge, plus we would still be tied for the bye, so its not like we fall back. I say take the big east lead, and hope the steelers hiccup once or twice down the road.

but remember if we win our last 2 division games we basically have a 2 game lead ont he pats because we would get the division tiebreaker. so im not gonna care who wins, all im gonna care about is the jets win, because that will guarantee the jets a great spot no matter who wins in foxborough.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends.

If you're a glass half empty guy you'd root for the Pats, to help us get some breathing room in the AFC East.

I'm more positive, I'm thinking #2 seed so as much as it pains me I'll be hoping the Pats take down the Steelers. Although I think the Steelers will destroy them.

I'm more concerned with the Jets though. If we keep taking care of business, chances are things will work out.

It depends.

If you're a glass half empty guy you'd root for the Pats, to help us get some breathing room in the AFC East.

I'm more positive, I'm thinking #2 seed so as much as it pains me I'll be hoping the Pats take down the Steelers. Although I think the Steelers will destroy them.

I'm more concerned with the Jets though. If we keep taking care of business, chances are things will work out.

I think the steelers can win this one, and still lose 2 more games, which is why im just gonna root for the steelers, basically would have the east locked up, and have more than a 50-50 chance to get the bye.

having the pats one behind us which is technically 2 with tiebreakers is good, but id rather guarantee that one home game quicker than guaranteeing that bye and home game. also in the playoffs I think we can go in pittsburgh and win, which is why im not as concerned for the bye(obviously as long as we dont screw up at home the week before)

Has to be the Pats.

As noted in the poll, if the Steelers lose, the Jets control their own destiny to the 2nd seed.

and also we could lose one more non division game as long as the steelers lose one more game, which is very possible with there record, and then we still win the division and bye, so im leaning towards rooting for the pats.

I'm rootin' for the Steelers !! ;)

I got my Steelers losing at least 2 the rest of the way, possibly 3. That's most Steelers fans mindset IMO too. We feel we'll end up 11-5 or 10-6.

Now if my offense showed more promise? I'd say we got a real good shot at 12-4...

Either way this season has been a blast so far. From my perspective, looking back at all the tough teams Steelers played, i'm happy with the 8-3 mark.

and also we could lose one more non division game as long as the steelers lose one more game, which is very possible with there record, and then we still win the division and bye, so im leaning towards rooting for the pats.

True, but it should be more than a lean.

In a near perfect scenario, the Jets will be 12-3 going into week 17 with the 2nd seed locked up. Thus, whether they win or lose against the Fins is irrelevant since the Fins already have 5 loses. That only happens if the Steelers lose this week.

Has to be the Pats.

As noted in the poll, if the Steelers lose, the Jets control their own destiny to the 2nd seed.

Exactly. As long as the Jets can beat Denver (and with them traveling west coast and how bad they played this week, they certainly should), I think the Jets could and should run the table. In that case, what the Patriots do is meaningless, but what the Steelers do would be very important.

True, but it should be more than a lean.

In a near perfect scenario, the Jets will be 12-3 going into week 17 with the 2nd seed locked up. Thus, whether they win or lose against the Fins is irrelevant since the Fins already have 5 loses. That only happens if the Steelers lose this week.

thats a great point. my only concern is just I think we will lose a westcoast game, but if we win our west coast games than yes we can lock it up by week17. and then let all the phin fans be happy they beat the jets due to the jets resting:)

thats a great point. my only concern is just I think we will lose a westcoast game, but if we win our west coast games than yes we can lock it up by week17. and then let all the phin fans be happy they beat the jets due to the jets resting:)

Lose a west coast game? To who? The Jets play the Seahawks and 49ers. If they can't win both of those, they have much bigger problems than their playoff seeding.

Lose a west coast game? To who? The Jets play the Seahawks and 49ers. If they can't win both of those, they have much bigger problems than their playoff seeding.

I agree. If this team loses to either, they don't deserve the 2nd seed.

What will be interesting is how the Pats handle it because they play 2 west coast games in a row.

Oh, and by the way, for symestry sake the Jets played the NFC West in 1998 as well, the last time the Jets were a legitimate SB contender.

Go Steelers!

Gotta look at their remaining schedules before making a decision. The Steelers have a much tougher remaining schedule then either the Pats or the Jets. It's very possible that they could lose 3 more games with Dallas being back to form with Romo. The Pats on the other had have a fairly easy of of it from here on out. Hopefully Arizona gets flexed to 4:15pm, otherwise that is nearly a sure W, Oakland could be tough but I don't think NE will lose that game..

Steelers:

PIT @ NE

DAL @ PIT

PIT @ BAL

PIT @ TEN

CLE @ PIT

Pats:

PIT @ NE

NE @ SEA

NE @ OAK

ARI @ NE

NE @ BUF

The more I think about it, a Steeler victory may be more advantagous to the Jets because it, essentially, seals up the division and, as Lil Bit mentioned, the Steelers have more chances of losing games down the road.

After this game, what is more likely to happen?

Steeler lose 1 game or

Pats lose 1 game?

I say a Steeler loss.

Thus, I want to change my vote, damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I think about it, a Steeler victory may be more advantagous to the Jets because it, essentially, seals up the division and, as Lil Bit mentioned, the Steelers have more chances of losing games down the road.

After this game, what is more likely to happen?

Steeler lose 1 game or

Pats lose 1 game?

I say a Steeler loss.

Thus, I want to change my vote, damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

right choice

I'm rootin' for the Steelers !! ;)

I got my Steelers losing at least 2 the rest of the way, possibly 3. That's most Steelers fans mindset IMO too. We feel we'll end up 11-5 or 10-6.

Now if my offense showed more promise? I'd say we got a real good shot at 12-4...

Either way this season has been a blast so far. From my perspective, looking back at all the tough teams Steelers played, i'm happy with the 8-3 mark.

No **** really ? :biggrin:

The logic, or lack thereof as the case may be, to root for the Pats next week is lunacy. NO effin' way should any of us root for those douchebags in New England! There is plenty of time left to overcome Pittsburgh in the playoff seedings.

I'm looking at it the same way. Plus the Steelers have the tougher schedule and can easily drop 2-3 of their remaing games.

Archived