#1 Seed in Sight?

serphnx

The Titans finish up at home against the Steelers, and on the road against the Colts in the final 2 weeks of the season.

I expect them to lose both of those games. If we win out, as I think we can, and the Titans win out except for those 2 games, we would both finish at 13-3. Since we won the head to head, we'd get the seeding because of the tie breaker.

The Steelers will probably lose to the Pats next week, so no need to worry about them (the Pats trolls tell me the Steelers are their bitch), and the Broncos, of course, we will dismantle next week and are not very good anyway in terms of record.

We'll probably be looking very carefully at the Titans come the final 2 weeks.

The Titans finish up at home against the Steelers, and on the road against the Colts in the final 2 weeks of the season.

I expect them to lose both of those games. If we win out, as I think we can, and the Titans win out except for those 2 games, we would both finish at 13-3. Since we won the head to head, we'd get the seeding because of the tie breaker.

The Steelers will probably lose to the Pats next week, so no need to worry about them (the Pats trolls tell me the Steelers are their bitch), and the Broncos, of course, we will dismantle next week and are not very good anyway in terms of record.

Realistically the Jets would need to run the table, it is possible but would be tough

Tiebreaker for a conference title is record in that conference FIRST, head to head later.

Going 13 and 3 would be a pretty big task for the Jets. But if it happened and the Titans had 3 losses I would think that they would have 3 conf losses based on the teams that they are playing.

i will be thrilled with 2nd seed

EM please do not overlook Denver, they are jeckle/hyde then went into

atlanta and beat a good atl team

they cannot run and will pass everydown!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we beat Denver but the game does scare me a bit. After 2 huge wins are we going to ride the high or are we right back to work thinking about Denver and only Denver?

Jets will win next week but I think it will be a close one.

Actually...I'm hoping for a deflated Titans team to go into Detroit flat...and lose! When you're heading for a 0-16 season, every opportunity to rectify that is crucial. Maybe this Thanksgiving game is a trap for the Titans, stuffed with giblets and trimmings too. GO LIONS GO:cheers:

Actually...I'm hoping for a deflated Titans team to go into Detroit flat...and lose! When you're heading for a 0-16 season, every opportunity to rectify that is crucial. Maybe this Thanksgiving game is a trap for the Titans, stuffed with giblets and trimmings too. GO LIONS GO:cheers:

Hard to believe that is even possible. But hey, I am willing to root for it. :winking0001:

Tiebreaker for a conference title is record in that conference FIRST, head to head later.

If you're right, the Jets would still get it.

Both teams would have 3 AFC loses and after that its Head to Head, the Jets beat Tennessee so we get it anyway. :yes:

I think we beat Denver but the game does scare me a bit. After 2 huge wins are we going to ride the high or are we right back to work thinking about Denver and only Denver?

Jets will win next week but I think it will be a close one.

I agree as far as being concerned (because this is still the Jets after all), but we should be able to score a ton of points and win easily. I see the Jets jumping out to a nice early lead and then letting Denver back into the game through conservative play-calling on both sides of the ball... but I hope I'm wrong on the last point.

I think its head to head first please see below from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.

2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.

3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.

4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different ivisions).

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Hard to believe that is even possible. But hey, I am willing to root for it. :winking0001:

I think its possible... Culpepper and Johnson are going to hook up for a couple scores... he has his next Moss... less of a team but still a scoring threat... Titans cant win a shootout...

Archived