Do not take Denver lightly!!!

Boozer76

I hate to be the one to start raining on the fun, but we have a very tough matchup coming up against DEN. I know they just lost to OAK, but they have a hell of a QB and WR's and our D doesn't match up against them as well as they did against TEN. Teams that have a good QB and multiple receiving threat tend to give us fits, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. It's a game we should wi9n, but this team needs to stay focused and win games like this.

With Denver losing to Oakland, at home, by 3 touchdowns, we have to kick them while they're down at our home stadium coming off two awesome, momentum building victories. This should be a game the Jets come out and win by a couple of scores. They are going to be tough and they'll put a couple of touchdowns on the board, but the Jets should prevail in a 28-17 type effort.

I agree with Ghost, if we don't out think ourselves we should be ok. We need to pound the ball up the middle, Broncos have a terrible run defense. Their offense does scare me though, Cutler can get hot anytime and put up some huge numbers.

With Denver losing to Oakland, at home, by 3 touchdowns, we have to kick them while they're down at our home stadium coming off two awesome, momentum building victories. This should be a game the Jets come out and win by a couple of scores. They are going to be tough and they'll put a couple of touchdowns on the board, but the Jets should prevail in a 28-17 type effort.

Exactly. We are going to be able to run and stop the run. We should dominate the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball. Jay Cutler and his receivers are very good, but they're not going to beat Brett Favre and the Jets in a shootout. Although these type of multi receiver teams do give us trouble, we have by far the better secondary than them, and can play the same game, but better, if it comes down to that.

Jets win 28-17

Again, I said it after the Patriots game. I have a sneaking suspicion that Denver will win this game. they have a great running game and if they get a lead they will be hard to stop.

It's important for the Jets to get a lead on them and make them one dimensional.

I hate to be the one to start raining on the fun, but we have a very tough matchup coming up against DEN. I know they just lost to OAK, but they have a hell of a QB and WR's and our D doesn't match up against them as well as they did against TEN. Teams that have a good QB and multiple receiving threat tend to give us fits, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. It's a game we should wi9n, but this team needs to stay focused and win games like this.

Yup...

Our offense is going to have to be real good this game to win..

btw, I'm so fearful of running into the Colts in the playoffs for the reasons you described above. I hope they start losing some...

Again, I said it after the Patriots game. I have a sneaking suspicion that Denver will win this game. they have a great running game and if they get a lead they will be hard to stop.

It's important for the Jets to get a lead on them and make them one dimensional.

The Jets have been able to shut down the best of running attacks so far this season. If Denver's smart they'll take a lot of those runs out of the gameplan this week and replace them with short passes and screens--which our defense has struggled with so far this season.

The Jets have been able to shut down the best of running attacks so far this season. If Denver's smart they'll take a lot of those runs out of the gameplan this week and replace them with short passes and screens--which our defense has struggled with so far this season.

All of their plays in their arsenal are the kind of plays the Jets have trouble with. misdirections and bootlegs.

Denver's running attack is a zone blocking scheme. the Jets defense hasn't played against of those yet this year. if they over pursue they will be in deep doo doo.

Boozer and Beep are right. This is exactly the kind of game the Jets have unnecessarily lost in the past, causing us all a lot of aggravation. They'd better not let up.

I'll tell ya Bob this is a different Jets team we're watching right now. You guys a re right, this IS a game we would normally blow, but that Oakland fiasco and the KC almost-debacle taught these guys something. Jets will take care of business in a tight game Sunday.

Denvers run game is in shambles. They are actually borderline terrible.

However, their pass game isnt.

Yup...

Our offense is going to have to be real good this game to win..

btw, I'm so fearful of running into the Colts in the playoffs for the reasons you described above. I hope they start losing some...

What happened in 1998 and 2002 when a team played in the Meadowlands for the playoffs? They got smoked.

I know you have Battered Fan Syndrom, but you should need to keep on creating mental obstacles in the way of dreaming great things. I don't believe any team can come into the Meadowlands and beat the Jets in the playoffs.

I'm serious. Home playoff games are so rare for the Jets that both the fans and the players get insanely amped for those games. So barring a complete implosion by turnovers, the Colts, no matter how well they're playing, is not beating the Jets in the playoffs at the Meadowlands.

And, as to the thread topic: who cares if us fans underestimate the Broncos? They suck and the Jets should go Maximus on their asses. The players and coaches are not underestimating the Broncos and that's all that matters.

What happened in 1998 and 2002 when a team played in the Meadowlands for the playoffs? They got smoked.

I know you have Battered Fan Syndrom, but you should need to keep on creating mental obstacles in the way of dreaming great things. I don't believe any team can come into the Meadowlands and beat the Jets in the playoffs.

I'm serious. Home playoff games are so rare for the Jets that both the fans and the players get insanely amped for those games. So barring a complete implosion by turnovers, the Colts, no matter how well they're playing, is not beating the Jets in the playoffs at the Meadowlands.

And, as to the thread topic: who cares if us fans underestimate the Broncos? They suck and the Jets should go Maximus on their asses. The players and coaches are not underestimating the Broncos and that's all that matters.

Den went into Atl and beat them

falcons can run the ball very well too

Cutler and den is jeckle/hyde if jets do not play well they can lose this game

easy.

Denvers run game is in shambles. They are actually borderline terrible.

However, their pass game isnt.

denver may not run the ball once the entire game.

if i was denver i would come out hurry up offense and throw the ball all over the field the entire game. that is the best way to beat the jets and basically neutralizes the strength of pace, thomas, and jenkins.

Den went into Atl and beat them

falcons can run the ball very well too

Cutler and den is jeckle/hyde if jets do not play well they can lose this game

easy.

But you can say that about any number of teams.

Playing well is the key. If the Jets play well. Heck, if the Jest don't stink up the Meadowlands, they should win the game easily.

Every team on the Jets remaining schedule is dangerous if the Jets play poorly. That's the nature of the NFL.

denver may not run the ball once the entire game.

if i was denver i would come out hurry up offense and throw the ball all over the field the entire game. that is the best way to beat the jets and basically neutralizes the strength of pace, thomas, and jenkins.

I wouldnt go that far... Jenkins gets a BIG push up the middle... sure he would get tired... but who says it would last more than 3 plays?

Thomas is quick enough to get a rush on the edge... and so is pace... if they have to cover... maybe not so much...

Battered Fan Syndrom is tough to overcome..

As exciting as the past few weeks have been, and as wonderful as it is to see this team working in cohesion, I'm not taking any team lightly.

We have not clinched anything yet. We still have 5 games, three of which are conference games, and two of those being tough divisional games.

I'd like to say I'm cautiously optimistic. But I'm looking at it from a one week at a time view.

But you can say that about any number of teams.

Playing well is the key. If the Jets play well. Heck, if the Jest don't stink up the Meadowlands, they should win the game easily.

Every team on the Jets remaining schedule is dangerous if the Jets play poorly. That's the nature of the NFL.

Yes, but here's the difference, the Jets are one of the most inconsistent teams in football, so their propensity to lay an egg is greater..

I think you are confusing these broncos with the old style broncos. These broncos have lost 2 or 3 RB's this year and rank 19th in the league in rushing. Although their team average is still 4.4 they are inserting street bums to fill the roll at this point.

I'm looking forward to seeing Revis match up with Marshal. (we should have drafted that duded instead of smith..)

Archived