Do not take Denver lightly!!!

Boozer76

Don't the Broncos have a white guy as their main running back now?

I mean seriously...come on?

Unless this guy is Brian Piccalo we'd better shut their run game down.

Haha, yeah. We were watching ESPN last night, and my buddy was hoping they threw up a white RB stat graphic. No Dice.

Exactly. We are going to be able to run and stop the run. We should dominate the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball. Jay Cutler and his receivers are very good, but they're not going to beat Brett Favre and the Jets in a shootout. Although these type of multi receiver teams do give us trouble, we have by far the better secondary than them, and can play the same game, but better, if it comes down to that.

Jets win 28-17

I agree that we'll win this in the trenches. On D we need to stop the run, and put Cutler on his back a few times.

It will be a shootout IMO. Since the start of the season this match up has scared me more so than either NE or Tennessee. They are basically built to play against our defense with that passing offense. That line gives Cutler all day and he can pick apart teams with some of the best weapons in the league. I really am worried that we'll struggle to stop them.

On the other side of the corn we should run all over them AND light them up through the air. Really not sure what to think about it. You're right though Booz, they should NOT be taken lightly at all.

It will be a shootout IMO. Since the start of the season this match up has scared me more so than either NE or Tennessee. They are basically built to play against our defense with that passing offense. That line gives Cutler all day and he can pick apart teams with some of the best weapons in the league. I really am worried that we'll struggle to stop them.

On the other side of the corn we should run all over them AND light them up through the air. Really not sure what to think about it. You're right though Booz, they should NOT be taken lightly at all.

I don't think we want to get in a shootout. What we want is to keep Cutler on the sideline for long stretches so he doesn't get hot and stay hot..

We need to run the ball a lot and run up some of those +5 minutes drives that we lead the league in..

I don't think we want to get in a shootout. What we want is to keep Cutler on the sideline for long stretches so he doesn't get hot and stay hot..

We need to run the ball a lot and run up some of those +5 minutes drives that we lead the league in..

Yeah, would love to see us do that too and that's exactly what I hope happens. I just really do not feel good about this game and haven't since the start of the seaosn. I hope to God I'm wrong and we dominate them.

Yes, but here's the difference, the Jets are one of the most inconsistent teams in football, so their propensity to lay an egg is greater..

Historically, yes.

But this season, no.

When did the Jets lay an egg when they were playing well? You can't say the Raiders game because they had not played consistently well over the previous 5 games. They weren't good against the Bengals, played a half a game against the Cards, stunk against the Chargers, shrunk against the Pats, and were mediocre against the Fins.

Over the last 5 games the Jets have gotten better and better. That has to do with the natural maturation process of the team.

Thus, I don't think you can look to this season and say they are an "inconsistent team." They've played consistently well since Favre's pick 6 against the Chiefs in the 4th quarter. That was 4 1/2 games ago.

BFS is holding you back, man.

Historically, yes.

But this season, no.

When did the Jets lay an egg when they were playing well? You can't say the Raiders game because they had not played consistently well over the previous 5 games. They weren't good against the Bengals, played a half a game against the Cards, stunk against the Chargers, shrunk against the Pats, and were mediocre against the Fins.

Over the last 5 games the Jets have gotten better and better. That has to do with the natural maturation process of the team.

Thus, I don't think you can look to this season and say they are an "inconsistent team." They've played consistently well since Favre's pick 6 against the Chiefs in the 4th quarter. That was 4 1/2 games ago.

BFS is

Yes, a nice trend is starting, (alhtough the second half of the NE game kind of spoiled it) but using FO's variance stats we are the 28th least consistent team in football this season. Call me cautiously optimistic, but nowhere near confident..

I have a sneaking suspicion that Denver will win this game. they have a great running game and if they get a lead they will be hard to stop.

You're kidding right?:eek:

Denver is down to their 6th string RB who is actually a FB

They can NOT run the ball at all

I hate to be the one to start raining on the fun, but we have a very tough matchup coming up against DEN. I know they just lost to OAK, but they have a hell of a QB and WR's and our D doesn't match up against them as well as they did against TEN. Teams that have a good QB and multiple receiving threat tend to give us fits, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. It's a game we should wi9n, but this team needs to stay focused and win games like this.

Denver can certainly win this game because they match up very well. I was more concerned about this game then I was the Titans. However, we are a contender. Winning games like this is like knocking on the Giants door and asking for our trophy. The Superbowl is when we'll take it.

You're kidding right?:eek:

Denver is down to their 6th string RB who is actually a FB

They can NOT run the ball at all

Not kidding. this game scares me. as bad as they looked against the Raiders, they looked pretty good against the Browns. and they've been playing better on the road this season anyways.

But you can say that about any number of teams.

Playing well is the key. If the Jets play well. Heck, if the Jest don't stink up the Meadowlands, they should win the game easily.

Every team on the Jets remaining schedule is dangerous if the Jets play poorly. That's the nature of the NFL.

Correct. Unfortunately, expect these threads every week from here on out no matter who the opponent is.

Too many years of suffering I guess. This is the NFL and anyone can lose on any given Sunday. We need not overreact if that happens to us.

I hate to be the one to start raining on the fun, but we have a very tough matchup coming up against DEN. I know they just lost to OAK, but they have a hell of a QB and WR's and our D doesn't match up against them as well as they did against TEN. Teams that have a good QB and multiple receiving threat tend to give us fits, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. It's a game we should wi9n, but this team needs to stay focused and win games like this.

Already peeing on the Wheaties on a Monday morning? Rough.

Yeah, Denver is a trap game and yes they have a passing attack, but that is about it. Cutler is going to have very little time to throw the ball and a few hits to the ground and he isn't going to want to throw it much.

BZ

Sounds like the Jets should activate a 3rd running back this week if you ask me. Which you clearly did not.

Again, they have a great running game and if they get a lead they will be hard to stop.

Denver's running game is garbage. This is not the same team as years past. Their QB has a cannon but makes a couple of poor decisions every game...their running games is lousy, their defense can't stop the run or rush the passer. The Jets should be able to control the Time of Possession and dominate the donkeys.

Archived