Last QB to have back to back 400 yard games before Cassell?

madmike1

What if Cassell doesnt get tagged and costs only $$ to sign. In what is absolutely a QB starved league, a lot of teams could do worse.

If Farve retired, Id prefer Cassell over anything else we have in the cupboard.

No.

Do not commit money to Cassell. That is all.

The others are HOF QB's....

Forgot to include that huh? lol

That is true, but still, he could be another Volek. Cassel's in an extremely good situation. He may or may not be turning into an excellent QB.

One way to know is if BB re-signs him. If that happens, and he cuts bait with Brady, you know for sure Cassel is legit. I thought it was a joke a couple of weeks ago, but the guy has put up two 400 yard games in a row and seems to now understand throwing the ball to Randy Moss results in success.

Since I don't like Tom Brady, I would be amused if he completely falls apart and is driven to the bottle after the Pats cut him.

That is true, but still, he could be another Volek. Cassel's in an extremely good situation. He may or may not be turning into an excellent QB.

One way to know is if BB re-signs him. If that happens, and he cuts bait with Brady, you know for sure Cassel is legit. I thought it was a joke a couple of weeks ago, but the guy has put up two 400 yard games in a row and seems to now understand throwing the ball to Randy Moss results in success.

Since I don't like Tom Brady, I would be amused if he completely falls apart and is driven to the bottle after the Pats cut him.

Watch the Pats trade Brady for a ton of picks and Cassel turns out good.. those mother ****ers...

Its nice when you need to focus half your secondary on Moss and nobody can keep up with Welker.

On a team that doesnt pass block as well as the Pats and dont have the weapon that Pats do....

I say he is very average. He misses a lot of throws that should be routine.

What does that have to do with anything?

He is a FA after this year. Short of him signing a one year contract at the club's advantage, the only option is franchising him.

First let's get off the he is only good because he throws to Moss and Welker. Obviously, there is a benefit to that. Every QB is as good or as bad as his supporting cast.

Second, it is funny all the doubting Thomases in here. This guy is a great story and despite your 'expert' opinions, he is playing very well.

Last, this is exactly who the Jets should get. Assuming Brett retires, do you want the progress you have made in the hands of Clemens? A retread FA QB? A draft pick? Hell no. You get a guy that has shown with a supporting cast, he can be a pretty good QB.

He is a FA after this year. Short of him signing a one year contract at the club's advantage, the only option is franchising him.

First let's get off the he is only good because he throws to Moss and Welker. Obviously, there is a benefit to that. Every QB is as good or as bad as his supporting cast.

Second, it is funny all the doubting Thomases in here. This guy is a great story and despite your 'expert' opinions, he is playing very well.

Last, this is exactly who the Jets should get. Assuming Brett retires, do you want the progress you have made in the hands of Clemens? A retread FA QB? A draft pick? Hell no. You get a guy that has shown with a supporting cast, he can be a pretty good QB.

There will be no way of knowing for sure during the Free Agency period if Brady will be 'full go' as Chad would say. I'd be shocked if Belichick lets him walk in lieu of this, and to me, this would be a telling sign that he's not worth it.

I haven't seen enough of Cassel play to know for sure, but what I've seen, he seems good at hitting wide open receivers, but I have yet to see him put the ball in tight spots or making anything that I'd call a 'difficult throw'.

There will be no way of knowing for sure during the Free Agency period if Brady will be 'full go' as Chad would say. I'd be shocked if Belichick lets him walk in lieu of this, and to me, this would be a telling sign that he's not worth it.

I haven't seen enough of Cassel play to know for sure, but what I've seen, he seems good at hitting wide open receivers, but I have yet to see him put the ball in tight spots or making anything that I'd call a 'difficult throw'.

Your putting me in a tough spot here... I hate defending those ****ers...

Did you even watch the game 2 weeks ago? You do know exactly what 'difficult throw' Cassel made to send the game into overtime right?

I don't know if they can afford to franchise him. I think it was on one of the

pre game shows where they said franchising a QB will cost them 14 mill.

Your putting me in a tough spot here... I hate defending those ****ers...

Did you even watch the game 2 weeks ago? You do know exactly what 'difficult throw' Cassel made to send the game into overtime right?

Yeah. I know.

But to me, the NFL has something like 130+ WRs, and there's one in the league that makes that catch. Cassel got the ball out there, but lets be honest about who really made that play.

There are some contracts that canclear up (Bruschi and Harrison). Bruschi's time is starting to be a 50% cut or the 100% cut options. They could do it, but it hurts what else they can do unless they do some major restructuring.

I haven't seen enough of Cassel play to know for sure, but what I've seen, he seems good at hitting wide open receivers, but I have yet to see him put the ball in tight spots or making anything that I'd call a 'difficult throw'.[/QUOTE]

That Brady is back at Foxboro and rehabbing is a good sign. The Patriots will never truly know because they have to decide before OTAs and TC. If the infection was still a problem, I think they would try to keep him one year.

Difficult throw. Look at the Moss pass at the end of regulation against the Jets.

I think the most telling thing is that they are .500 in those two games. That is impressive since Cassel has so little talent around him.

:)

Ya, but Cassel never started a game at USC and I'm not sure if he even saw the field at all.

For NE to be even considered a playoff team is remarkable.

They wouldnt have another choice unless NE signed him to a longer term contract for less money per season. But, Cassel wouldnt play if Brady is ready.

Although, maybe he wants to be another Rich Gannon?

I think the most telling thing is that they are .500 in those two games. That is impressive since Cassel has so little talent around him.

:)

That's because the secondary blows some serious chunks and they miss Adalius a lot.

Defense wins championships. Just ask the Giants. ;)

There are some contracts that canclear up (Bruschi and Harrison). Bruschi's time is starting to be a 50% cut or the 100% cut options. They could do it, but it hurts what else they can do unless they do some major restructuring.

He had two incredible throws to Moss yesterday too. Moss just changes the landscape of a game - especially if an HC is rethaded enough to cover him man. Stooooooopid.

Hopefullly the Jets have learned there lesson on giving QB's contracts based on small sample sizes.....no knock on Chad as injuries played a big part in his limited ability post 2002.

It is funny however that the the same Pats fans who continually knocked that contract now want us signing Cassell based on what????... 2 games.

Hopefullly the Jets have learned there lesson on giving QB's contracts based on small sample sizes.....no knock on Chad as injuries played a big part in his limited ability post 2002.

It is funny however that the the same Pats fans who continually knocked that contract now want us signing Cassell based on what????... 2 games.

Let's be realistic.

He has shown a lot more ability over the last month. He is not holding onto the ball too long. He is actually finding Randy know. He is getting better.

By the end of the season you will have 16 games to judge him on. While few teams can boast a better tandem of WRs, his OL is shaky and he does not have a consistent running threat. Yet, he has gotten a lot better. I am not saying he is goig to get Vick money or even Chad money, but you could do a lot worse when your most viable FA option is Kurt Warner.

He had two incredible throws to Moss yesterday too. Moss just changes the landscape of a game - especially if an HC is rethaded enough to cover him man. Stooooooopid.

Unless Randy Moss is part of the deal, I'm talking about throws that other receivers not named Randy Moss can make a play on. Randy Moss's ridiculous 1 handed grabs and diving catches aren't going to be made by Coles or Cotchery.

What happened to Dante Culpepper's career Post Randy Moss?

Unless Randy Moss is part of the deal, I'm talking about throws that other receivers not named Randy Moss can make a play on. Randy Moss's ridiculous 1 handed grabs and diving catches aren't going to be made by Coles or Cotchery.

What happened to Dante Culpepper's career Post Randy Moss?

Look at your signature.

Seriously, this is the bordering on the dumbest argument.

Put Joe Montana on the Buccaneers and he is a good QB on a crappy team. Give him Walsh and Rice and he is the G.O.A.T.

Why would we expect anything different with Cassel?

Honest question, 2009 Favre really retires. Do you want Clemens? Bradford? Stafford? Or Cassel?

Look at your signature.

Put Joe Montana on the Buccaneers and he is a good QB on a crappy team. Give him Walsh and Rice and he is the G.O.A.T.

Honest question, 2009 Favre really retires. Do you want Clemens? Bradford? Stafford? Or Cassel?

LMAO @ Comparing guys who will be top 15 picks in the draft like Bradford or Stafford to garbage like Cassel.

Look at your signature.

Honestly? I sign DA with the promise that he competes for the starting job, and I give Ratliff a shot.

If Ratliff shows nothing, DA should be good enough to hold the fort while we look for someone better. He will get a front loaded deal as well so he can get cut.

There are options, but I think that's one of the better ones. I not so secretly think Ratliff could be the guy, I wish we'd get him some NFL experience to see for sure. Maybe in the 4th quarter of the Niners game, if we're blowing them out.

Look at your signature.

My sig, which I love, is a huge freaking fluke. I'll readily admit that. Cotchery can't make half the plays Moss can. Cotchery is not going up and making ridiculous sideline grabs in just about every game.

As to your Cassell to Montana comparison, it falls flat on the fact that Cassell looks no where near Montana with that great talent around him. He looks solid and still struggles with a lot of different throws.

I'd be happy to have Cassell on a one year deal. While we draft, groom the future. I have no interest in signing Cassell to be the future of this team. And with that said, you are absolutely not going to get Cassell as a short term, cheap option. The way to get him is to commit to him long term. Something I have no interest in doing.

LMAO @ Comparing guys who will be top 15 picks in the draft like Bradford or Stafford to garbage like Cassel.

Cassel needs 277 yards a game to hit 4000. Look at the other first round picks for the past 3-4 years. How many of them have accomplished nothing?

So at what point do you decide you'd rather spend a first round pick on a toss up (Will you get Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning?) or you'd rather take a guy who has matured a bit, been in the league, and has shown what he is capable of to some extent?

It isn't an easy answer.

Cassel is a young, inexperienced QB who is improving each week. For a guy who hasn't started a game since high school, he is maturing at a very impressive pace. He still has much to prove, but it's not likely that he has peaked as a player. No one knows how long he can sustain a high level of play, but I don't think anyone should be writing him off yet.

Archived