For the Patsies, how many years has it been since.......

SouthernJet

About as long as the last time Chad was considered a relevant QB.

It's been a long time.

Everything will be back to "normal" next year. That's why it's SB or bust for you guys. This is your one opportunity while BB and Brady are in NE.

I just curse that its in Tampa. M'er Effer.

He is relevant enough to have beaten NE once this year thus somewhat responsible for your current place in the standings.;)

He had as much to do with that game as me. Ronnie Brown and his 5 TDs were a little more relevant. :Nuts:

It's been a long time.

Everything will be back to "normal" next year. That's why it's SB or bust for you guys. This is your one opportunity while BB and Brady are in NE.

I just curse that its in Tampa. M'er Effer.

Huh? Why? It's not like you won the SB the past 2 years. Oh wait, it's been 3 hasn't it? And this year will be 4.

You know, 1 year might be a fluke, but 2 years is a pattern. By year 4....it becomes the norm.

The Jets are one game ahead of the Pats. This division race isnt even close to being over like the entire would would like you to believe.

Don't we own the tie-breaker against them? So technically we're two games ahead because if we finish with the same record we would be the ones who win the division.

Don't we own the tie-breaker against them? So technically we're two games ahead because if we finish with the same record we would be the ones who win the division.

Good question. You have a one less loss in division and AFC.

You mean like when he had the best passing day of his career against your joke of a defense...

It was horrible. No doubt. Good thing Cassel came through.

If you lose to either the Fins or Bills in the process of getting the same record (for simplicity sake, assume the Pats win out, and the Jets lose one of those two games, so both teams are 12-4) the Pats actually win the third tie breaker.

Isnt that common opponents?

Not entirely sure. I read that on another forum, and didn't check the rules personally, so it could be completely wrong. I *think* that is correct, because one of our non-division losses is to Indy, a team the Jets didn't play, while all of the Jets non-division losses would be to teams we have played.

If the Pats win out and finish 12-4 I will eat my shoe.

Here is their remaining schedule:

Steelers: The Steelers are looking vulnerable these days. The Patriots offense has historically been successful against the Steelers 3-4 by operating out of the spread. Cassel has shown that he can run the Patriots spread offense with success.

@ Seahawks: Terrible team.

@ Raiders: Terrible team.

Cardinals: This is actually the most dangerous opponent the Patriots have left. Very good offense, especially passing, against a suspect Pats pass defense.

@ Bills: The Bills should have packed it in by then. They will put up a good fight for the first half, but after half time they'll be thinking about their plans for January while the Pats are fighting for the playoffs.

I see 4-1 out of those, assuming a loss to either the Steelers or Cardinals (most likely the Cardinals). But 5-0 is completely doable.

At the start of this season, when Brady went down, I thought we had a shot at 11-5/12-4 with splits with the Jets and Fish, and a couple losses sprinkled between the group of teams: Indy, SD, Denver, Pitt. I didn't expect Arizona to be this good, or Denver to be that bad, but my prediction probably won't be far off.

Not entirely sure. I read that on another forum, and didn't check the rules personally, so it could be completely wrong. I *think* that is correct, because one of our non-division losses is to Indy, a team the Jets didn't play, while all of the Jets non-division losses would be to teams we have played.

I still like Penny and the Fins to upset the Jets in the Meadowlands. Joey Porter will going for the sack record too.

The Division can still be had.

I still like Penny and the Fins to upset the Jets in the Meadowlands. Joey Porter will going for the sack record too.

The Division can still be had.

What are you smoking?

Pats will most likely be without Light against Pitt. Pitt loves to put heat on the QB - blind side. Who will have Cassel's blind side?

The Pats play Arizona. Have you SEEN the Pats secondary?

Pats may get in with a wildcard.

What are you smoking?

Pats will most likely be without Light against Pitt. Pitt loves to put heat on the QB - blind side. Who will have Cassel's blind side?

The Pats play Arizona. Have you SEEN the Pats secondary?

Pats may get in with a wildcard.

And they may win the division if they win out.

No need to call names.

Asserting someone must be on drugs to take a certain position is not a proper way to encourage rational discourse.

1st off, calm down,,it was mild..

2nd of all , u had a pats fan crappin on a pats fan,,be smart and sit back and enjoy,,yikes!!!!!

1st off, calm down,,it was mild..

2nd of all , u had a pats fan crappin on a pats fan,,be smart and sit back and enjoy,,yikes!!!!!

He's probably one of those politically correct dudes at Patsfans. They need to loosen up! Get a sense of humor and maybe remove the sticks some of 'em have up their azz. (how's that for "discourse." ;) )

Plus, I challenge someone to explain to me how exactly the Pats secondary is supposed to defend Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Thanks for having my back though, SJ.

SJ: What makes you think I'm not calm?

I don't think anyone needs to "crap on" anyone else (unless they particularly deserve it). If someone says something particularly dumb (like basically any thread suggesting trading Brady... ;)) then they can be crapped on. If someone suggests a possible hypothetical which is not improbable, they don't deserve to be attacked.

If you disagree with someone, that's fine. But be smart about it.

SJ: What makes you think I'm not calm?

I don't think anyone needs to "crap on" anyone else (unless they particularly deserve it). If someone says something particularly dumb (like basically any thread suggesting trading Brady... ;)) then they can be crapped on. If someone suggests a possible hypothetical which is not improbable, they don't deserve to be attacked.

If you disagree with someone, that's fine. But be smart about it.

Did you really think of that as an attack? Really?

Toughen-up, kid.

Archived