Pats open up as 1 pt. favorite over Steelers

SouthernJet

Home team (NE) gets 3 points off the bat and they own the Steelers like we own the Dolphins. I think New England will win this game.

If we win and the Steelers lose, we have the #2 seed for now. No matter what happens in this game it is good for us, either we are in position to get the #2 seed or we have breathing room in the AFCE.

If we win and the Steelers lose, we have the #2 seed for now. No matter what happens in this game it is good for us, either we are in position to get the #2 seed or we have breathing room in the AFCE.

Exactly. As long as we take care of business against Denver, we can't lose with the outcome of the NE-PITT game.

Home team (NE) gets 3 points off the bat and they own the Steelers like we own the Dolphins. I think New England will win this game.

I agree. The Steelers defense has consistently been weak against the spread attack. Cassel has shown he can execute that offense. The Steelers are in for a long day on defense.

I agree. The Steelers defense has consistently been weak against the spread attack. Cassel has shown he can execute that offense. The Steelers are in for a long day on defense.

....unless Light is suspended. This could be a BIG problem for NE.

The one thing I do love about playing Pitt is how BB - in the past anyway - has made Polamalu over-committ and over-run. I hope the trend continues.

why is this game not gonna be the sunday nighter on NBC? this is a huuuge game, instead its the battle of mediocrity bears vs vikings, awful job by the league/nbc whoever is responsible.

Also who is everyone rooting for Pats or Steelers?? Even if the steelers win they have a brutal remaining schedule: home against dallas and cleveland, away at baltimore and tennesssee.

I really want that first round bye.

Go Steelers!!!

I actually think that Roethlisberger almost stinks. Last year I thought he was overrated. A tough guy but not too bright. This year I think he is trending toward "stinks." I do not see how a QB who is trending toward " stinks" will beat the Pats.

Good luck to Matty Cassell throwing for 400 yards vs The Steelers.

IMO Pittsburgh will destroy The Pats.

easy there irish, while i agree cassell wont be able to sit back in the pocket all day and toss another 400 yard game, the patriots aren't getting blown out at home, that just doesnt always happen too often with the exception of the miami game. Will they lose? I think and hope so, but its gonna be a close one.

What's your prediction, Garb? Will your offense find the chink in my D's armor as they have done in so many other meetings?

I don't wanna hear that 'woe is me, Brady's out, we're ruined' type attitude either... ;)

Garb is a master of downplaying expectations. She is the master of it-the Pats were going to collapse according to her. You have to give them credit I know some of you Jet fans can not but they are doing it with a guy who never started any games in college and a 4th string running back.

Garb is a master of downplaying expectations. She is the master of it-the Pats were going to collapse according to her. You have to give them credit I know some of you Jet fans can not but they are doing it with a guy who never started any games in college and a 4th string running back.

And what the guy has done in the last 2 weeks hasn't been done by any Pats QB, INCLUDING Brady! They should have my teams full respect this week!

well said !

I'm rooting for the men of steel big time tho

the pats* stand for everything I despise (cheating, steriods etc etc) and the men of steel are a classic iconic NFL franchise

let them beat the pats and lose to another AFC team

Not that anybody apparently cares but I think it all depends on Matt Light. With Light I think we've got what it takes to win this game by two TD's. We match up well with the Steelers. Their defense struggles against passing attacks like ours and Big Ben holds on to the ball too long and is easily tricked by creative coverages.

Without Light, their pass rush will likely give us fits. An effective pass rush will lead to turnovers, sacks, and holding penalties. If that's how it turns out, the Steelers probably blow us out.

Unfortunately I see Goodell coming down hard on Light. The league office loves to stick it to Belichick and the Patriots every chance they get.

I actually think that Roethlisberger almost stinks. Last year I thought he was overrated. A tough guy but not too bright. This year I think he is trending toward "stinks." I do not see how a QB who is trending toward " stinks" will beat the Pats.

I'm not a Big Ben fan, but hes been playing hurt and his OL has had some issues.

I'm not a Big Ben fan, but hes been playing hurt and his OL has had some issues.

I've had to defend Ben since the guy was drafted by us in '04. I finally got tired of it and backed way off. He's saddled with an incompetent OC, thats his biggest weakness. When he's afforded the time that other top QB's get, he puts up the stats that everyone loves from the QB position. All i care about is the wins anymore. If it's a close game in the 4th i'm comfortable with the football in Ben's hands. Hell ask any Steeler fan and they'll say the same thing. We've seen him deliver time and again when needed late.

But i wouldn't blame the protection solely on his OL. He does hold the ball long due to not wanting to give up on any play. We take the bad with the good when it comes to that because he's made so many big plays for us. The other problem is the scheme... Bruce Arians is horrible at in-game adjustments and generally his gameplans are nothing to write home about. I'd be willing to bet that he's fired with anything short of a SB appearance.

BenJarvis Green-Ellis is the fifth string rb - get it right ;)

I expect to lose. I expect to lose by 10 points if Light is suspended. Cassel is better than I expected - or anyone else, for that matter. He still isn't Brady when it comes to the quick release and quick read though. I suspect they will move Kazcur to right tackle - I hope he has his stash of drugs ready. ;) If Ben has time to chuck it - well, I don't exactly have much faith in my secondary. I mean, they made Chad look like Dan Marino. Don't be shocked to see a lot of trick plays Sunday. Got that feeling. McDaniels has been holding back on his bag of tricks and I think Matt's last three performances gave Joshie enough confidence to trust Matt enough to unload a trick play or three.

Absolutely have to root for Steelers....

The Steelers face four playoff contenders in their final five games, teams that have a combined record of 35-20. The Steelers start on the road against the Patriots (7-4). Then, they play the Cowboys (7-4), Ravens (7-4), Titans (10-1) and Browns (4-7)

After the Pats, they'll probably lose 2 of the next 4..

Archived