If you HAD to move to another country which one would you choose?

SouthernJet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Srsly? :rl:

The food is great, the culture is great, the weather is awesome but the living conditions are that of a third world country.

While this statement holds some water, apparently you've only been there on vacation and are speaking of your trip from the airport to an all-inclusive in Ocho Rios. Or so it seems.

While this statement holds some water, apparently you've only been there on vacation and are speaking of your trip from the airport to an all-inclusive in Ocho Rios. Or so it seems.

lol.

Im not talking out of my ass, my parents are Jamaican.

Outside of the 'ritzy' tourist areas, Jamaica is no paradise. I spent countless Summers/Winters there with my Grandmother & extended Family and not in some posh resort either, I'm talking about in the REAL Jamaica where the REAL action happens. It's a prototypical 3rd world country.

Maybe you should take a trip to Tivoli Gardens, August Town, Rema, Jungle, Arnett Gardens, Trench Town ( Bob Marley's hometown) all suburbs of Kingston. Spanish Town too which is a suburb of St. Catherine. Ever wonder why they call Portmore the "GAZA STRIP"? Your ass would be on the next thing smoking back to the States. It's gangsta down there. Don't think you can go down there with the "I'm American, that means something right..." sh!t, they'll rob, probably kill your ass quicker than you can get to Norman Manley International Airport.

I have Jamaican ties and I would never voluntarily live there. But what do I know, Im only speaking from "my trip to the airport and the touristy areas" :rolleyes:

Australia. Perth to be exact. I've been there and witnessed it's great people and climate. The beer rocks too!

Spent 3 weeks in Western Australia with almost 2 of it being in Perth and the surrounding areas. Perth is the first place on my list to move to if I ever left the States.

Greece - specifically Crete. Great climate, in the middle of the Mediterranean, history, culture, quiet. We were there on our honeymoon and loved it.

i always wanted to go there..u will have to fill me in,,the history and laid back vibe entices me ;)

plus the chance of seeing minotaurs and cyclops :D

lol.

Im not talking out of my ass, my parents are Jamaican.

Outside of the 'ritzy' tourist areas, Jamaica is no paradise. I spent countless Summers/Winters there with my Grandmother & extended Family and not in some posh resort either, I'm talking about in the REAL Jamaica where the REAL action happens. It's a prototypical 3rd world country.

Maybe you should take a trip to Tivoli Gardens, August Town, Rema, Jungle, Arnett Gardens, Trench Town ( Bob Marley's hometown) all suburbs of Kingston. Spanish Town too which is a suburb of St. Catherine. Ever wonder why they call Portmore the "GAZA STRIP"? Your ass would be on the next thing smoking back to the States. It's gangsta down there. Don't think you can go down there with the "I'm American, that means something right..." sh!t, they'll rob, probably kill your ass quicker than you can get to Norman Manley International Airport.

I have Jamaican ties and I would never voluntarily live there. But what do I know, Im only speaking from "my trip to the airport and the touristy areas" :rolleyes:

No need to be combative. What's wrong with you? :character42:

Every country has its problem areas. I'd avoid the areas you mentioned, just as I currently avoid problem areas in the tri-state. Jeez, you make it sound like the entire country is a war zone rife with gangs and murder.

I've read/heard that vandalism and home invasion are extremely low in most parts of Jamaica. I presume this is highly dependent upon where you live, just like everywhere else.

Thanks for your input, though. You're awesome.

Archived