Welcome home Bronco DT Robertson-

faba

hey guilty as charged

I've never taken the easy road on prospects, i make a judgment and don't really hedge my bets.

scouting is an art more than a science and

the only way to learn is through experience

I've learned alot since 2003, and hopefully will get better

but unsurprising how no one started a thread last week about how vince young really does suck or how jay cutler really was the best QB in that class.

in this forum i've already admitted Drob sucks and i was wrong

what do you people want? blood? get off my ass! :Nuts:

Hey I have been wrong many times- just busting chops as you know.

The time now is to look ahead and not back.

Jay Cutler still has a way to go...still not sold on him

He has the tools, but the noodle is still in question

yeah but do that draft again should Cutler go after leinart and young? clearly not

im not trying to toot my own horn but i've learned people remember when you are wrong and forget when you are right. I was also a big buyer on brick, mangold etc.

Ill be completely frank about Drob, since this is the thread for it and it was 5 years ago

I made the same mistake the Jets made, and that is to elevate need beyond scouting objectively. Remember that year Josh Evans was getting suspended and the DT situation was bleak in general. I saw what the Jets saw (and what other teams saw) - a fast quick player who could be a better pro than college player - I saw the player I wanted to see, not the player he was - what we all ignored was the vast stretches of non-production in the SEC, i chalked that up to double teams and other justifications - but the truth is there is no substitute for production. Even if it's only 1 good year, a player has to have that elite production to be a sound prospect in the draft. Drob was overdrafted, and underperformed. Live and learn.

also in my defense - the knee thing was a complete surprise and the media doesn't have access to medical exams, the fact the Jets drafted a player with a degenerative knee is an Elliot Pellman special.

they say by the time players arrive at combine everything about the player is known, even the 40 times more or less - the one thing they don't know is medical exams. for the Jets to spend that much money on a guy with a shady knee surgery is inexcusable.

- I saw the player I wanted to see, not the player he was -

That sounds like something out of Jerry McGuire. I loved him for the man I wanted him to be, not the man he was.

:-P

Bit lots of people thought he was going to be good. Terry Bradway was at the top of that list. Hell, I thought Herm was going to be a good coach....ugh.

That sounds like something out of Jerry McGuire. I loved him for the man I wanted him to be, not the man he was.

Bit lots of people thought he was going to be good. Terry Bradway was at the top of that list. Hell, I thought Herm was going to be a good coach....ugh.

drob had me at hello

no seriously ;) what pisses me off about Drob is he's super fast, 4.8 at 315, super strong, but when he makes a tackle he doesn't have that killer instinct, he sometimes just slides or bounces off the ball carrier. i don't know if that's the knee or just being soft but he very rarely plays up to his potential.

I don't know if people remember 2005 the Jets/SD playoff game, there was a sequence where Drob jumped off sides 1 play and the next he absolutely buried LT about 2 yards behind LOS. that's his career in a nutshell. Dumb stuff followed up by mind blowing displays - but end result is a wash or a net loss. He's not consistant, he's only good if he slants directly into a play, the Jets really did perform addition by subtraction just by making that salary dump.

I was shocked to death when Wrongway Bradway traded up to grab D'Rob in that draft. I thought it was stupid and I still do but say what you want about D'Rob he played out of position, placed hurt but you NEVER heard him complain. Never whined to the media. Just came to work everyday and did his job the best he could. I admire him for that.

but unsurprising how no one started a thread last week about how vince young really does suck or how jay cutler really was the best QB in that class.

Nobody ever gives kudos when a person is right, only when they are wrong.

I get crap with Mike Nugent & Freddie Mitchell all the time but nothing on my Vince Young, Jay Cutler, LaMont Jordan, Matt Ryan & Mike Williams (WR) predictions.

Only you yourself will be patting yourself on the back.

Hey hindsight is always 20/20.

I swore Drob was gonna be a big success.

I also thought Calvin Pace was not gonna be all that good and now I love having him here.

Theres 2 mistakes right there.

I think the pro scouts know more than us and bat about .650

I also was dying for the Jets to draft Joe Flacco and dump KC.

Would have had our future QB learning behind an all time great.

Oh Well................

Its fun to predict the draft, trades etc.

Just dont expect to be 100% right, nobody is.

true that but i still believe in the Nuge

until the Jets are in a very big playoff game and he either makes or misses a key kick we won't really know if the Nugent pick was a waste.

Very true.

Although he did hit his lone real big game kick (@ Miami on Christmas night in the rain -- we all knew beating at Oakland at home the next week would be an easy task).

Bitonti sorry to get off topic, but I have a question for you and I rarely see you posting anymore...

What do you think of Ramsees Barden, WR from Cal Poly? Hes basically the biggest NFL prospect to come from our school that I can think of, hes a legend around here. I have gone to most of our home football games and he is extremely dominant against lesser competition, do you think he has potential in the NFL?

Archived