No Compensation for Robertson

Nick Ferraro

Yeah. I still think we gain something though--easy win over the Broncos. They'll probably cut him by next year anyway.

On a related note...what's the compensation on Vilma looking like?

Unless he resigns, and they aren't even talking, it looks like a 0

Well we already got a 4th. If he doesn't resign. That's all folks

Unless he resigns, and they aren't even talking, it looks like a 0

Well we already got a 4th. If he doesn't resign. That's all folks

I visited a saints board, and they say he is the best MLB they've had in years, and it's a given he'll sign.

they say he won't be signed before the draft, since that is the escalator that triggers the #2 for us and the #1 for the g-men.

according to them, there is a verbal deal in place, but they can't announce it until after the draft

I'm banking on a 3rd

I visited a saints board, and they say he is the best MLB they've had in years, and it's a given he'll sign.

they say he won't be signed before the draft, since that is the escalator that triggers the #2 for us and the #1 for the g-men.

according to them, there is a verbal deal in place, but they can't announce it until after the draft

I'm banking on a 3rd

I doubt it's that easy for them to just cheat us out of a higher draft pick. And if they do that, we'd also never trade them another player again.

I doubt it's that easy for them to just cheat us out of a higher draft pick. And if they do that, we'd also never trade them another player again.

I was surprised as well, but they had a quote from their GM that vilma would never be signed before the draft, thus triggering the escalators

everything else was just posters opinions, but it makes sense

these types of things happen all the time. ever wonder how so many complex FA deals get announced a day or two after FA begins ?

they all have off the record conversations

who doersn't think we should have done something and GOT something for Chad Pennington-he would be worth a 2nd rounder at the very least and Miami would have paid it

we couldn't shop penny until after favre was in the boat

we had to clear cap space by 4 pm

what GM in his right mind would trade a pick for a guy about to be unemployed ?

we couldn't shop penny until after favre was in the boat

we had to clear cap space by 4 pm

what GM in his right mind would trade a pick for a guy about to be unemployed ?

A GM that thinks there will be multiple bidders. Too bad the Vikings were too stupid to stick with Tavaris. With Chad they win the NFC North with ease.

A GM that thinks there will be multiple bidders. Too bad the Vikings were too stupid to stick with Tavaris. With Chad they win the NFC North with ease.

there or in KC he would have been perfect...TTBT though, if you listened to Miami sports talk radio you would have known how highly they regarded AND WISHED THEY"D HAD a QB like Chad...sorry to highjack whoever's thread this was with Chad talk

but draft picks are a limited, thus incredibly valuable, asset

they all figured to simply get in a bidding war with cash only

I'm sure tanny would've taken a 7th round pick or even a case of beer to get penny out of the division

all that talk of him doing chad a favor was nonsense

he just couldn't get a buyer

who doersn't think we should have done something and GOT something for Chad Pennington-he would be worth a 2nd rounder at the very least and Miami would have paid it

A starting NFL QB ? You bet your a$$ we would have gotten a 2nd. I ASSumed we did Chad a big favour so he could get up to speed quicker with his new team. It's STILL a business, we should have held off some.

Nor would any other team draft with them.

you really think teams don't have off the record deals in place with players ?

Isn't that essentially what kendall was so upset about ?

he claimed the jets promised him a better deal, and extension, if he played well

nothing in writing, because then it's official and counts gainst the cap

he played well (in his mind) got no extension, and had nothing in writing, so he went public to try to shoot his way out of town or get the extension

this stuff happens all the time

A starting NFL QB ? You bet your a$$ we would have gotten a 2nd. I ASSumed we did Chad a big favour so he could get up to speed quicker with his new team. It's STILL a business, we should have held off some.

AJ Feeley cost Miami a 2nd rounder-what has he won? Bueller? Bueller?...anyone?

I think a trade is better for your cap

You're wrong. Football is different. Trading a player and releasing him is the same. You get rid of the rest of the base salary but the bonus accelerates. The only different is that the new team ends up with the terms of the old contract (and any roster bonuses, etc.) unless they renegotiate it, which the Broncos did.

Nick posted this because it made him happy as a Broncos fan.

Chad belonged in Minnesota. The trouble is that we had to get rid of Chad immediately and teams knew that. I still think we should've been able to get a 5th or 6th from Minnesota, but oh well.

Archived