Anatomy of a Play: Favre TD to Coles

nyjfan

I have never been one to root for any individual player. I love the Jets and only the Jets. That being said I was always such a huge fan of watching Brett play for the Packers. His child like attitude (in a good way) and his amazing physical abilities are just really something to watch on the football field. I remember going to the last game of the season in 2002 hoping we would make the playoffs in that magical game, but also with the mindset that Brett was winding down his career and it might have been the last time I'd get to see him play. When we traded for him I had a bit of skepticism. I looked at it as "what it took to finally get Chad out of here", but I really didn't expect more than him winding out his career in forgettable fashion ala Namath with StL or Montana with KC. Seeing him play now and realizing that at 39 years old he is STILL more capable of just about any play a QB could make than anyone else in the league has been a true pleasure to see. I get to see my favorite player in the NFL playing for my favorite team in the NFL, and doing it damn well to boot. I can't help that I'm giddy about it!

Awesome.

Here's the one from before the Pats game. This is like the third time they've featured the Jets on one of these:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80cd3980

It linked to the Titans game. But I think I know what you're talking about, it was a 35 yarder TD to Coles I think right? I can draw up the play but I don't actually remember what happened, but that was a combination of great play design and again Favre's gifts. The Pats are a well coached team, so they bit. The Chiefs aren't, so it doesn't work on them. I'm beginning to think that's a blessing and a hinderance to us.

Against teams like the Chiefs and Raiders we just need to beat them up and not overthink. Against the Pats, Steelers, Titans and other teams of that ilk, we actually have the best possible OC and offensive personnel possible since everybody is smart enough to execute deception. Coles and Cotch still don't get any separation though otherwise imo.

It linked to the Titans game. But I think I know what you're talking about, it was a 35 yarder TD to Coles I think right? I can draw up the play but I don't actually remember what happened, but that was a combination of great play design and again Favre's gifts. The Pats are a well coached team, so they bit. The Chiefs aren't, so it doesn't work on them. I'm beginning to think that's a blessing and a hinderance to us.

Against teams like the Chiefs and Raiders we just need to beat them up and not overthink. Against the Pats, Steelers, Titans and other teams of that ilk, we actually have the best possible OC and offensive personnel possible since everybody is smart enough to execute deception. Coles and Cotch still don't get any separation though otherwise imo.

It was the redzone play where he pumped to Keller looked the other way the whole time and threw across his body into triple coverage for the TD.

Every Jets fan needs to watch that video. Thank you for posting it NY.

I am going to nominate Kevin Mawae for Post of the Week.

"I can't believe he got that in there".

Kevin Mawae, "It's Brett Favre, Bro".

That is the best quote ever. And it feels so good to have it associated with our New York Jets.

Archived