Favre talks about the offensive line...

CPH

I'll give it 5 stars in awesomeness!

From Favre's wednesday news conference.

On strengths of each offensive lineman…

Well, four No. 1 draft picks. All four [Damien Woody, Nick Mangold, Alan Faneca and D’Brickashaw Ferguson] of those guys are playing outstanding. Brandon Moore is the exception as far as a draft pick, but he's playing outstanding as well. I didn't play with these guys last year, but I see something. They practice every day. There's no substitute for practicing every day. The best offensive lines are the offensive lines that play not as five guys but play as one.

I've played with some very good centers over my career. Nick has the chance to be the best I've ever played with. Athletically speaking he's by far the most athletic. Frank Winters, who I played with, who was my roommate for 12, 13 years, is going to kill me for saying that, because he claims he's still the best athlete. Nick is very bright and has the right mentality. It starts with the center and it works its way outward. He has all the tools.

Faneca is one of those guys that every team wishes they had on their team. He never complains, is always running, blocking and doing something. I'm talking about in practice. He's always positive no matter what. He's a perfect fit for the side that Brick [D’Brickashaw]'s on, because I see a change in Brick.

I wasn't here last year, but just from the start of the year to now, it goes without saying that Brick is ultra-talented. Using that is the key. He's finding out day in and day out that he can be pretty darn good. Having a little spunk about you is not a bad thing. He got in a little scrap one day with Shaun Ellis. Everybody laughed. Most people were like, "Man, we haven't seen that side of Brick." Maybe Alan is rubbing off on him a little bit.

Brandon and Woody, the right side, they're all playing great. Woody's got the best feet I've ever seen. The guy's got tremendous feet and a great personality. They're fun to work with. Brandon is probably our best pure run blocker. He's hard to move. He can move people.

They've all had their share of scraps this year on the field, things that people don't see where they're not going to take anything from anyone else. That's where it starts. They've been a blast to work with. I hope that the feeling is mutual. That's where it all starts, up front.

Favre just confirmed what I've been saying about Brandon Moore for years. The guy is maybe the most underrated guard in the league. Put a good player to his right and you see the difference. He no longer has to cover for the painfully miserable play of Anthony Clement so he's just playing and kicking ass.

Favre just confirmed what I've been saying about Brandon Moore for years. The guy is maybe the most underrated guard in the league. Put a good player to his right and you see the difference. He no longer has to cover for the painfully miserable play of Anthony Clement so he's just playing and kicking ass.

The thing about Moore is that he will play up to the level of the players around him. He's been that way for a while and thats not a bad thing to have in an OL. He's had a couple of seasons he struggled, but it was years like 2005 when the line was torn apart by injury and the loss of McKenzie or 2007 with the awfulness of Clarke and Clement. You can't have all highly touted perenial Pro Bowlers on your OL, you need guys like Moore.

The thing about Moore is that he will play up to the level of the players around him. He's been that way for a while and thats not a bad thing to have in an OL. He's had a couple of seasons he struggled, but it was years like 2005 when the line was torn apart by injury and the loss of McKenzie or 2007 with the awfulness of Clarke and Clement. You can't have all highly touted perenial Pro Bowlers on your OL, you need guys like Moore.

Don't forget he is a converted defensive tackle. Talk about a big career change. He is still learning. One of the few good things that Herm did (I assume, but was probably some assistant's idea :)).

Yeah, Moore really took alot of undeserved abuse from fans...

How Clarke and Clement was able to get paid a lot of money, for lining up and just be fat, is amazing. I knew they sucked, but this line's play, make them suck even more.

Archived