CNNSI: Favre a turkey of the year?

RoadFan

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0811/turkey.of.the.year/content.4.html

Can you believe this garbage? All he wanted was to play ball. Brett is the effin' man!

The turkey of the year has to be the Green Bay Packer organization for screwing up the Favre situation. There is much behind the scenes that they did to push Brett out the door. There loss is our gain so thank you Green Bay Packers

"Favre's good name took a beating with this summer charade. Hope it was worth it."

LOL !!!

he's being mentioned along with drew brees and warner for MVP consideration, and he just beat the pats* and titans on the road

yeah, I think it was worth it :rolleyes:

With the Jets 8-3 and looking at 12-4 at worst, I couldn't care less if SI called every Jet player a Turkey.

This is a very talented, very resiliant team that can physically beat the crap out of an opponent. I don't remember a Jet team like that on both sides of the ball in my lifetime (the 1998 team was not as physical and the 80s team lack the physicality on offense IMO).

Yeah, his good name is taking a beating, as at 39, he decided he couldn't be away from the game, his team didn't want him back, so he took a trade to another team outside of the conference and gave them a top notch effort.

And oh yeah, he's taken that team to 8-3, and even at 39, one of the best QBs in the league.

The turkey of the year has to be the Green Bay Packer organization for screwing up the Favre situation. There is much behind the scenes that they did to push Brett out the door. There loss is our gain so thank you Green Bay Packers

Oh please, Favre is partly to blame for the ugly situation in Green bay. I know we JETS fans are all enamored with him, but he handled the situation badly as well. Going on Dateline etc.

Oh please, Favre is partly to blame for the ugly situation in Green bay. I know we JETS fans are all enamored with him, but he handled the situation badly as well. Going on Dateline etc.

Agreed.

You simply don't retire, then turn down two offers to come back by GB, then come back AFTER the Packers have already stated they're moving forward with Aaron Rodgers and expect to claim innocence.

Agreed.

You simply don't retire, then turn down two offers to come back by GB, then come back AFTER the Packers have already stated they're moving forward with Aaron Rodgers and expect to claim innocence.

and you KNOW for a FACT those 2 offers came, or are you just taking their "after the face" "save face effort" for face value?

and you KNOW for a FACT those 2 offers came, or are you just taking their "after the face" "save face effort" for face value?

McCarthy came out and said he's approached Brett Favre twice and Favre did not deny it. I'm sure he would have had they not approached him.

Regardless, he came back after Green Bay had moved on with their young QB who they'd already invested a 1st round pick on. Favre could not expect to come back and just expect everything to go back to the way it was before.

Archived