So, did anyone take advantage of the Black Friday deals?

Jetheelz

This was the first time I went to any stores on the day after Thanksgiving. Best Buy had some things on sale that I wanted, so my buddy and I went out there at 3am. The line was pretty long, but once the store opened at 5, the line moved pretty quickly. I picked up some dvds (got "Snakes on a Plane" for 5 bucks), some season sets (seinfeld sets, and Supernatural Season 3 all for $14.99 each), an xbox 360 game, and a new wireless router.

Went over to Target after that, and it was a madhouse. I could barely walk through the aisles, so I got the hell outta there. I think I will stay home the rest of the day where it's calm.

cool, I've often wondered how good the sales are to lure people into a line at 3 am & wait til 5.

they must sell stuff below cost

Best Buy was offering a laptop and printer for $399. They were handing out tickets for those, as they were in limited quantity.

We had idiots lined up outside best Buy since Tuesday. That's pretty pathetic . I went online and ordered a couple of Transformers movies on Blu ray for $9.99 on Amazon.com

Yeah, there were some folks camped out that were in a tent. I mean a big tent, with tv's and game systems in it. They said they had gotten in line around 4pm yesterday. Geez.

Makes you wonder. They sacrifice spending time with their families etc for Thanksgiving, to save 200 bucks or so on a crappy laptop. They should hand out big yellow LOSER signs , along with those tickets.

The factory outlets opened up at midnight here and had full crowds according to the news.

Makes you wonder. They sacrifice spending time with their families etc for Thanksgiving, to save 200 bucks or so on a crappy laptop. They should hand out big yellow LOSER signs , along with those tickets.

I saw one of the students from my school coming out of the store. He told me he purchased 2 of the laptops, a bunch of video games, and some other stuff. He was one of the people in the big tent.

I asked him if he had anything better to do on Thanksgiving Day (like being with his family, like you mentioned) and he said no. How sad is that?

My wife went out...she's certifiable when it comes to shopping though.

I went out last year to get some insane deal on an artificial tree (like 300 off) and I made the mistake of entering Toys R Us...

...the check out line ended where you walked in....then I promptly walked out...not even enough MILFs around to justify being on line that long.

If you wait until the week before Christmas, the deals will be just as good as those on Black Friday. This is shaping up to be one of the worst seasons ever for retailers which will be a great thing for patient consumers.

Yup. I'm going to wait until January to buy my Christmas present to myself, a new TV, because I'm in no rush and think you'll see better deals following what should be a dismal holiday season in retail.

This was the first time I went to any stores on the day after Thanksgiving. Best Buy had some things on sale that I wanted, so my buddy and I went out there at 3am. The line was pretty long, but once the store opened at 5, the line moved pretty quickly. I picked up some dvds (got "Snakes on a Plane" for 5 bucks), some season sets (seinfeld sets, and Supernatural Season 3 all for $14.99 each), an xbox 360 game, and a new wireless router.

Went over to Target after that, and it was a madhouse. I could barely walk through the aisles, so I got the hell outta there. I think I will stay home the rest of the day where it's calm.

yes I only hung out with Black people today...

clinton_jones.jpg

A Wal Mart worker was trampled to death in NJ, today. No, I'm not kidding.

Yeah, there is a thread about it here in the lounge. Very sad story.

I also just stumbled across this story.

Hearing horror stories like these can make you reluctant to even leave the house. What a shame.

Yeah, there is a thread about it here in the lounge. Very sad story.

Ok I saw that, it was LI.

I figured it was NJ because my wife told me there were a ****load of cop cars at our local Wal Mart. God only knows what happened over there.

Looking forward to heading down south, muh man. ;)

I will gladly rehabilitate said female "loser" with the dark hair, gray sweat shirt and red bandana around her waist in the photo. I pledge to work oh so diligently to turn her around.

that's funny....this was the first thought that entered my head when i looked at the picture...."man i'd like to bang that bitch in the gray sweatshirt"

I just went to Home Depot about an hour after they opened (6am) on Friday. Just wanted to get some generic "fill in" gifts and look at some wrench sets they had. I was shocked that there were actually more workers in the store than actual customers.

Archived