Shopping at x-mas time is a pain in the azz

Garb

Went to the New Balance outlet today. Had my eye on a pair of sneakers - couldn't get to them because some really (like 5'4ish) short guy - was blocking the aisle - so I just stand there patiently...waiting. He's with his kid - another short one. So, they look at me and say nadda - just keep blocking the stock I want to get to. He continues to open the boxes and trying sneakers on - saw him grab a size 8 - too big. I'm thinking - what is your problem dude! Go to the childrens section! He was getting visably aggitated because he keeps trying on sneakers that are too big - knowing that they are too big - and maybe realizing he's a little man? I mean why keep trying on sneakers that aren't your size - and why keep trying eights in the same design if the first pair didn't fit - YOU FREAKIN' MORON! (obvious napolean complex) But I had enough and said, "hey, you know these benches in each aisle are for you to try on your sneakers and not block the aisle while doing so. He says, "I'm looking and trying them on at the same time." Whaaa??? Douchebag. So, I go to the customer service guy with the headset on and told him what I needed and had him intrude on the doucehbags and get what I wanted.

I get to my car and laugh. If these are the things I have to complain about, life is pretty damn good.

I got dragged along on a shopping spree in Boston one time. some kind of Galleria or something in a basement close to faniuel hall? :spock:

Never again. now I know why you're miserable all the time. I would be too if I lived up there.

I got dragged along on a shopping spree in Boston one time. some kind of Galleria or something in a basement close to faniuel hall? :spock:

Oooh, I have been there. It's the same area that has one of the 2 Cheers restaurants.

One thing I remember was a sports photo store in the basement there.

Oooh, I have been there. It's the same area that has one of the 2 Cheers restaurants.

One thing I remember was a sports photo store in the basement there.

Don't get me wrong, Boston is a fun town to visit. I've had a lot of fun times up there. but I wouldn't want to live there. it's almost as expensive as NYC.

Don't get me wrong, Boston is a fun town to visit. I've had a lot of fun times up there. but I wouldn't want to live there. it's almost as expensive as NYC.

I understand. That was the only time I have been there, which was this last January. I was in Worchester for a school teachers' meeting.

Never again. now I know why you're miserable all the time. I would be too if I lived up there.

There is a Galleria Mall in Cambridge....not a bsement - a Mall.

I think you mean the famous Filene's Basement - now closed to renovations. I LOVED THAT PLACE. Best bargains - ever. My best buy was a Donna Karan original evening jacket - for 24.99. Got a pair of Manolos there for $30 once. That place was awesome - LOVE finding deals. I REALLY miss that place. Used to go at least once week during lunch. I could spend hours in that joint. Actually, I think I have.

There is a Galleria Mall in Cambridge....not a bsement - a Mall.

I think you mean the famous Filene's Basement - now closed to renovations. I LOVED THAT PLACE. Best bargains - ever. My best buy was a Donna Karan original evening jacket - for 24.99. Got a pair of Manolos there for $30 once. That place was awesome - LOVE finding deals. I REALLY miss that place. Used to go at least once week during lunch.

That's it! Filenne's! what a madhouse on a Saturday! how did I know you would be a regular customer there.

:rl:

That's it! Filenne's! what a madhouse on a Saturday! how did I know you would be a regular customer there.

I'm a seasoned veteran, baby! I went to college in Boston, I work in Boston. I can smell a bargain, I can find a seat on a crowded train, I can weasle my way to the front of a line, I can haggle with scalpers, I can haggle with the framers market folks, I can cross a street in rush hour traffic like nobody's business. Granted, it 'aint NYC - but I think I could manage there. Just wouldn't want to - even more people - too many people - people, people, people everywhere!

Between you and me, only chicks shop at Filene's Basement in Government Center. That place is a madhouse. Thankfully it shut down due to the construction going on.

I have never been in the store but every year they have a sale on wedding dresses and it's like the running of the bulls. They show these crazy women knocking each other over and having fights on the news.

Garb: What time of year did Filene's do that? I want to say April but I'm probably wrong on that.

Between you and me, only chicks shop at Filene's Basement in Government Center. That place is a madhouse. Thankfully it shut down due to the construction going on.

I have never been in the store but every year they have a sale on wedding dresses and it's like the running of the bulls. They show these crazy women knocking each other over and having fights on the news.

Garb: What time of year did Filene's do that? I want to say April but I'm probably wrong on that.

I got dragged in there by a chick, unfortunately. I needed a couple of drinks right after that. and luckily for me there were bars very close.

I got dragged in there by a chick, unfortunately. I needed a couple of drinks right after that. and luckily for me there were bars very close.

No wonder you have no love for Boston. I wouldn't wish the Filene's Basement experience on my worst enemy :rl:

Went to the New Balance outlet today. Had my eye on a pair of sneakers - couldn't get to them because some really (like 5'4ish) short guy - was blocking the aisle - so I just stand there patiently...waiting. He's with his kid - another short one. So, they look at me and say nadda - just keep blocking the stock I want to get to. He continues to open the boxes and trying sneakers on - saw him grab a size 8 - too big. I'm thinking - what is your problem dude! Go to the childrens section! He was getting visably aggitated because he keeps trying on sneakers that are too big - knowing that they are too big - and maybe realizing he's a little man? I mean why keep trying on sneakers that aren't your size - and why keep trying eights in the same design if the first pair didn't fit - YOU FREAKIN' MORON! (obvious napolean complex) But I had enough and said, "hey, you know these benches in each aisle are for you to try on your sneakers and not block the aisle while doing so. He says, "I'm looking and trying them on at the same time." Whaaa??? Douchebag. So, I go to the customer service guy with the headset on and told him what I needed and had him intrude on the doucehbags and get what I wanted.

I get to my car and laugh. If these are the things I have to complain about, life is pretty damn good.

That was you?!

I do that for my bro's and sisters. I HATE shopping, especially this time of year.

I prefer gift cards... easier on the shopper and the receiver can use it on whatever they want. My wife like personal gifts so I can no longer get away with buying any friend of relative a gift card... :rolleyes:

Archived