what is with the officiating in this game? and time keeping?!

nyjetsjetsjets

The jets definitely deserved to lose today, but what was with the officiating today? What is the point of even having them if they can't figure out what the hell is going on...

and who the hell is running the clock up there? herman edwards? the clock just kept running at a few points near the end of the game when it should have definitely stopped. during that one injury about 30 seconds ran off the clock when it should have been stopped...

i don't get it.

The jets definitely deserved to lose today, but what was with the officiating today? What is the point of even having them if they can't figure out what the hell is going on...

and who the hell is running the clock up there? herman edwards? the clock just kept running at a few points near the end of the game when it should have definitely stopped. during that one injury about 30 seconds ran off the clock when it should have been stopped...

i don't get it.

We would have lost anyway, so I can't get too angry.

The officiating sucked today and I saw it coming from the 1st TD. Cotchery was cleary down and clearly had possesion of the ball there was no excuse to miss that call it wasn't even close. I don't want to look to blame the refs but they made some sh*tty calls and because of them that 1st touchdown changed the whole game.

The officials aren't the reason we lost, but it took away any chance we had to make a comeback. I'm not really shocked that Walt "Tuck Rule" Coleman's crew called a game like this, but the question is whether or not they will get punished for it. If Goodell had balls and wasn't washing those of Robert Kraft's, Coleman would get severely fined and shut out of the playoffs (if not outright suspended for the blatantly slanted officiating). As it stands, he'll probably get a chance to officiate the super bowl for this effort.

Some things never change.

Officiating was horrendous in this game. Can I please have an explanation for why that Cotchery "fumble" was non-reviewable? I'd sure love to hear that.

It's not the reason we lost, the team played like crap, but there's no excuse for the refereeing that we witnessed today.

Officiating was horrendous in this game. Can I please have an explanation for why that Cotchery "fumble" was non-reviewable? I'd sure love to hear that.

It's not the reason we lost, the team played like crap, but there's no excuse for the refereeing that we witnessed today.

That play changed the entire game.

Fixed? Total and complete incompetence. They just made up the "it's not reviewable" thing. They missed they OOB on the Broncos' 2nd TD. They missed the clear touchback on that punt. They allowed the Broncos' defense to play games with injuires all 2nd half to break whta little momentum the Jets offense could generate. The Denver medical staff was running onto the field every Jets decent play all 2nd half. With the pathetic defense the Jets played, it's not the reason they lost. But to see that kind of total incompetence was infuriating.It was wet and cold and windy. To sit in the stands while they huddled up on very call all night and allowed the Broncos to play that game was an embarrassment.

Don't forget those illegal post and chop the denver oline was doing all game but of course the refs are too stupid too see that and of course the famous "fake injury" timeout because we were driving the ball down their *****in throat and they wanted a timeout because they couldn't stop us. The whole officiating crew should be fired after that game there was no excuse for the amount of calls they blew.

They allowed the Broncos' defense to play games with injuires all 2nd half to break whta little momentum the Jets offense could generate. The Denver medical staff was running onto the field every Jets decent play all 2nd half. With the pathetic defense the Jets played, it's not the reason they lost. But to see that kind of total incompetence was infuriating.It was wet and cold and windy. To sit in the stands while they huddled up on very call all night and allowed the Broncos to play that game was an embarrassment.

I heard Hutch ask about this in Mangini's presser.

Mangini, in true form, gave a pussified answer: "You'll have to ask [Denver] about it."

I heard Hutch ask about this in Mangini's presser.

Mangini, in true form, gave a pussified answer: "You'll have to ask [Denver] about it."

What do you want him to say? Even Patriots players get fined for saying anything that could even be considered negative about the refs (although said fines then get rescinded).

Mangini does the same thing to his players, so he knows how Goodell works too. Silence everyone so that you can't be challenged.

Mangini should take a page out of his players' playbook though, and just "leak" negative comments about the refs and the Broncos to the press. They can't fine an anonymous source.

What do you want him to say? Even Patriots players get fined for saying anything that could even be considered negative about the refs (although said fines then get rescinded).

Mangini does the same thing to his players, so he knows how Goodell works too. Silence everyone so that you can't be challenged.

Mangini should take a page out of his players' playbook though, and just "leak" negative comments about the refs and the Broncos to the press. They can't fine an anonymous source.

That's why it was "true to form."

The officiating sucked today and I saw it coming from the 1st TD. Cotchery was cleary down and clearly had possesion of the ball there was no excuse to miss that call it wasn't even close. I don't want to look to blame the refs but they made some sh*tty calls and because of them that 1st touchdown changed the whole game.

This play confirmed to me what I have felt for many years: The NFL shaves points in games. How else do you explain this call? Cotchery was down, had the ball in his possession, and the Denver player made contact, spearing Cotchery, by the way. Play is dead at that point, right? No, the officials let the Bronco's pick up the ball and run it in for the score. That's +7 for Denver, and they take the game's momentum away from the Jets. So we review the play, right? Wrong again. It's not reviewable. Why not? Isn't replay there to correct errors? Evidently, not when you are shaving points.

Fixed? Total and complete incompetence. They just made up the "it's not reviewable" thing. They missed they OOB on the Broncos' 2nd TD. They missed the clear touchback on that punt. They allowed the Broncos' defense to play games with injuires all 2nd half to break whta little momentum the Jets offense could generate. The Denver medical staff was running onto the field every Jets decent play all 2nd half. With the pathetic defense the Jets played, it's not the reason they lost. But to see that kind of total incompetence was infuriating.It was wet and cold and windy. To sit in the stands while they huddled up on very call all night and allowed the Broncos to play that game was an embarrassment.

You missed the blatant offensive pass interference down by the goal line directly in front of the linesman. The Broncos then kicked a field goal which made it a 3 score game.

Archived