I think we needed this. (Post Game Thoughts)

Kerry Rhodes

I think our coaching staff needed to have their eyes opened about our secondary, and about defense in general. If Mangini can't learn from this...Will he ever?

The least amount of passing yards on us all season was like 240, but QB's have been going nuts on us all season. But has anyone noticed a basic theme here?

When the Offense looks to spread us out, what do we do?

--We put in a ton of DB's, and we pretty much lay back and "Hope" the other team messes up. We give the QB all the time in the world to throw. For some reason our coaching staff can't get it through its head that EVERY QB in the NFL can make plays when their given time? Team's like Denver with their small lineman should NEVER have the time they had today. But is it a surprise? No, because its been like that all season.

Yes, I know statistically we have a nice amount of sacks. When we do Blitz, we are successful, and that makes me even more mad. Why not pressure QB's all game?

So here's the way I see it. Go watch the replay of this game....This is the blueprint every team will use on us ALL YEAR. Either we fix it immediately, or we are just waiting to get eliminated. No way this pass defense will make it through the playoffs. After today, the coaching staff has to know this and I think we needed this.

Your words to Mangini's ears (Sutton's too). However, you would think that after 12 games (nay two YEARS and twelve games) that he would have learned that by now. Unfortunately, neither of them seem to learn. At least I see some promise in Schottenheimer, but Sutton never does.

A consistent three man rush only works if two of those lineman are Reggie White and Bruce Smith in their prime.

I think our coaching staff needed to have their eyes opened about our secondary, and about defense in general. If Mangini can't learn from this...Will he ever?

The least amount of passing yards on us all season was like 240, but QB's have been going nuts on us all season. But has anyone noticed a basic theme here?

When the Offense looks to spread us out, what do we do?

--We put in a ton of DB's, and we pretty much lay back and "Hope" the other team messes up. We give the QB all the time in the world to throw. For some reason our coaching staff can't get it through its head that EVERY QB in the NFL can make plays when their given time? Team's like Denver with their small lineman should NEVER have the time they had today. But is it a surprise? No, because its been like that all season.

Yes, I know statistically we have a nice amount of sacks. When we do Blitz, we are successful, and that makes me even more mad. Why not pressure QB's all game?

So here's the way I see it. Go watch the replay of this game....This is the blueprint every team will use on us ALL YEAR. Either we fix it immediately, or we are just waiting to get eliminated. No way this pass defense will make it through the playoffs. After today, the coaching staff has to know this and I think we needed this.

Agreed. I think the Law signing was the first attempt at fixing this. I hope your right that this is a wake up call, but I gotta imagine they've been working on it for awhile..

Agreed. I think the Law signing was the first attempt at fixing this. I hope your right that this is a wake up call, but I gotta imagine they've been working on it for awhile..

The way to make up for a bad secondary is to PRESSURE THE QUARTERBACK. The steelers secondary is avg in coverage yet they RAPED the cheaters because they got in Cassel's face all game.

Cutler could've played this game in a tux.

Once again slot WRs and TEs have a total field day. If we drop that many back in coverage rather than rushing, you would think SOMEBODY would cover the recievers. Eric Barton, in addition to being a MORON, needs to be seated firmly on the bench on passing downs. And yet again and again on 3rd down, the Jets defense gives up huge plays.

Archived