1 Quarter 8:41 remaining Play Not reviewable..

914-ny

:confused::confused::confused:

we still lost.. oh well but refs pissed em off tis game.. and this call started it...

but anyone know why it wasnt reviewable?

Safety Vernon Fox picked up the loose ball and sprinted 22 yards for a touchdown. The Jets wanted to review the fumble, but because the officials ruled that Cotchery never had possession of the ball, meaning he could not have been touched down, they deemed the play not reviewable. Cotchery said after the game that he did have possession of the ball.

umm if he never had possesion how is it a fumble?

:confused::confused::confused:

we still lost.. oh well but refs pissed em off tis game.. and this call started it...

but anyone know why it wasnt reviewable?

umm if he never had possesion how is it a fumble?

it was a reverse. smith tossed it backwards not forward, if it hits a player on a backwards throw its a fumble. but cotchery did recover, the refs just wouldnt review that.

I've seen the replay and still don't understand it. Once the Jets WR was touched, the ball should have been dead on the spot, no? Reguardless whether it squirted out or not? I mean it looked to me like he was laying on the ball then the guy hit him and the ball squirted loose after the hit.

I've seen the replay and still don't understand it. Once the Jets WR was touched, the ball should have been dead on the spot, no? Reguardless whether it squirted out or not? I mean it looked to me like he was laying on the ball then the guy hit him and the ball squirted loose after the hit.

Calling the officials in the NFL inept is being kind to them.

Their argument is that it wasn't reviewable because Cotchery never had possession of the football. According to NFL rules, you can't challenge whether it was a fumble or not unless he has possession of the ball, and you can't challenge that in this case. It was a fumble because it was a lateral, that was recovered and returned for a TD.

I'm not defending it, but that's their logic.

Their argument is that it wasn't reviewable because Cotchery never had possession of the football. According to NFL rules, you can't challenge whether it was a fumble or not unless he has possession of the ball, and you can't challenge that in this case. It was a fumble because it was a lateral, that was recovered and returned for a TD.

I'm not defending it, but that's their logic.

They are correct in their logic but they blew the play big time. Cotch had the ball covered... as soon as he is touched the ball should be dead.

Ya just know what's coming in the future... Next time that situation happens somebody's gonna plow into the defensless player trying to cover the ball in hopes of causing a fumble then all hell is gonna break loose. I think the refs set this up for big trouble down the road.

100% correct, someone will get hurt playing smear the kweer

If that wasn't possession, no good reason not to hit every player who goes down, and no reason to call a penalty. Thoguht it was a live ball; hit away. And you cannot after that call it a late hit. Any defned can now plausibly say a kick returner or ball carrier didn't appear ot have possession. Spear away!

If you're going to have instant replay, everything should be reviewable. Everything.

Guess who said this first? Bill Parcells. He said he would not vote for the replay system unless it got all the plays "right". Who knows if we would have won. But, that blown call on Cotchery's fumble was +7 for the Broncos, and just a total momentum killer. I want to hear Mike Perreira's explanation this week. Anybody notice how the NFL has to justify incompetent refs every week? Wait until one of these calls costs "somebody" 200 large. You'll see one of these zebras--maybe even Goddell--hanging from the goal post.

Guess who said this first? Bill Parcells. He said he would not vote for the replay system unless it got all the plays "right". Who knows if we would have won. But, that blown call on Cotchery's fumble was +7 for the Broncos, and just a total momentum killer. I want to hear Mike Perreira's explanation this week. Anybody notice how the NFL has to justify incompetent refs every week? Wait until on of these calls costs "somebody" 200 large. You'll see one of these zebras--maybe even Goddell--hanging from the goal post.

Anybody notice that ever since Mike Perreira became the NFL's Director of Officiating the quality of officiating has declined dramatically every year?

Hey Roger Goodell, first order of business for this offseason fire that ****ing moron Mike Perreira and find someone who is not monumentally incompetent.

The ref claimed that it was a judgement call which is absolute BS. A so called "judgement call" refers to a play where we could never know the outcome, such as the Chris Baker fiasco in Cleveland a couple of years ago where we will never know if he would have landed in bounds or not (he would have). This play was clearly a matter of having posession and being down by contact which is absolutely a reviewable call. The ref effed up big time. While the Jets would have lost anyway, this was still the all around worst officiating crew that I have seen in 25 years of going to Jets games.

Here is another question then,If they reviewed the Jones TD where he rolled over the one gun they were all set to take that away from us cause they thought jones elbow touched the ground in that case they were saying if any part of his body other then his feet touched the ground he would be done at that spot and no TD. So how come once Cotcherey was laying on the ground on top of the ball and basicly his entire body touching the ground the ball was down there , cause he was on the ball ,and it didn`t come out till after the guy tackled him AFTER he was already on the ground.....This was as big of a B.S. call as i`ve seen in a long time...

The ref claimed that it was a judgement call which is absolute BS. A so called "judgement call" refers to a play where we could never know the outcome, such as the Chris Baker fiasco in Cleveland a couple of years ago where we will never know if he would have landed in bounds or not (he would have). This play was clearly a matter of having posession and being down by contact which is absolutely a reviewable call. The ref effed up big time. While the Jets would have lost anyway, this was still the all around worst officiating crew that I have seen in 25 years of going to Jets games.

we were losing this game anyway

we had plenty of chances to get back in game and favre was bad..very bad

the playcalling also sucked pondscum

we were losing this game anyway

we had plenty of chances to get back in game and favre was bad..very bad

the playcalling also sucked pondscum

While they played a terrible game NOBODY can determine if this horrid piece of officiating had an adverse effect on the final score. A 7 point swing against a decent NFL team is enough to change the outcome of the game in most cases. Who knows how it impacted this game? Who knows how we approach this game down by 10 instead of 17?

The Jets lost a game they should have won and they deserved to lose it. They blew several opportunities to get back into this one... but there is no fricken way anybody can say that we didn't win or lose this game based on that one play. The entire game might have been played differently if that play was called correctly.

I still can't figure out why the play could not be reviewed as "down by contact."

Also, when a player jumps on top of the ball and cradles it while in the fetal position for 2 seconds, that has historically been called the same as taking a knee.

Because it was a fumble and the officials didn't determine who had possession yet. That part is fine. The part that sucks is that Cotch clearly covered the ball and the whistle should have been blown the second he is hit.

While they played a terrible game NOBODY can determine if this horrid piece of officiating had an adverse effect on the final score. A 7 point swing against a decent NFL team is enough to change the outcome of the game in most cases. Who knows how it impacted this game? Who knows how we approach this game down by 10 instead of 17?

The Jets lost a game they should have won and they deserved to lose it. They blew several opportunities to get back into this one... but there is no fricken way anybody can say that we didn't win or lose this game based on that one play. The entire game might have been played differently if that play was called correctly.

this bad play call happened early in 1q, plenty of time to rebound from it

the Offensive and Defensive Gameplans were terrible.

pats are going 11-5 so we better go 3-1

They are shaving points off games

I always wonder this when they pick up flags without explanation, as if it was thrown so that they could negate a big play if need be. I mean, I understand negating a PI call if the ball was tipped, but when they give the old "there was no foul on the play", I'm always suspicious.

Agreed, I don't know why the refs wouldn't review it as down by contacted. You could see him look up after he secured the ball, to be touched down. Instead they jumped on him knocking the ball out.

I always wonder this when they pick up flags without explanation, as if it was thrown so that they could negate a big play if need be. I mean, I understand negating a PI call if the ball was tipped, but when they give the old "there was no foul on the play", I'm always suspicious.

Here's how you remove all the speculation, though it involves honesty and logic, which is lacking in the executive offices of the NFL: Ask the referee to tell the audience why the flag was thrown, and the reason for it to be picked up. Simple. Why is it that I can think of this, but the officiating committee--or whatever these f**king moronic dunces call themselves--can't? Again, the NFL must admit that certain games are, at least, partially fixed, or that they have created a flawed system which they choose to attempt to enforce instead of correcting.

There was one play in the 3rd quarter (Leon screen) where the flag actually dropped out of the officials pocket right before the ball was snapped. The ref still had to give the explanation about the flag though, but I'm sure there were a lot of fans doing the "oh no" thing.

exactly, this blown calls by the refs and the Jets uninspired play set the tone early in the game.

The refs blew the original call. They said the Cotch never possessed the ball when he fell on it. We know he clearly did, but the original call was that he never possessed and that's why the whistle never blew. So you can't challenge something that 'never' actually happened.

Archived