Post Game Thoughts

jason423

Some days simply nothing goes right for you and today was one of those days for the New York Jets on the football field. This was not the same football team that took the field the last two weeks as the players just seemed to be going through the motions in an ugly game on an ugly day.

Offense

There was one positive today and that was the performance again of Thomas Jones. Jones ran well had a huge run early and a spectacular one for a TD in the second quarter before the score and pace of the game more or less dictated the Jets move away from a running game. The positives ended there. The Jets looked like they just had issues all day with the weather. They were dropping the ball too often early and botched a reverse so badly that it cost the team 7 points. I

Nice write Jason. I agree on almost all counts except I find a little less fault in calling the reverse. Yeah the conditions were sh!tty but both teams threw passes and made handoffs sucessfully in the crap. It was a sh!tty pitch by Smith and Cotch still should have hung on to it - but we would have made large yardage if he didnt fumble. A huge seam up the left side was cleared out. Mangini didnt challenge because he was told he couldn't.

I think both O and D gameplans left a lot to be desired but I think we lost because there was almost no moxy displayed by the defense. It was like they were cold and didn't want to be out there. There was almost no killer instinct displayed and that worries me more than anything else about the loss. Elam (if he gets a chance) and his secondary mates will blow coverages again and get burned in some foot races - but nobody on the D was popping people. I just don't understand that.

Nice write Jason. I agree on almost all counts except I find a little less fault in calling the reverse. Yeah the conditions were sh!tty but both teams threw passes and made handoffs sucessfully in the crap. It was a sh!tty pitch by Smith and Cotch still should have hung on to it - but we would have made large yardage if he didnt fumble. A huge seam up the left side was cleared out. Mangini didnt challenge because he was told he couldn't.

I think both O and D gameplans left a lot to be desired but I think we lost because there was almost no moxy displayed by the defense. It was like they were cold and didn't want to be out there. There was almost no killer instinct displayed and that worries me more than anything else about the loss. Elam (if he gets a chance) and his secondary mates will blow coverages again and get burned in some foot races - but nobody on the D was popping people. I just don't understand that.

Agreed about the reverse. Classic Klogic there. If Cotch catches that he's got 15+ yards easy..

Good write up j423.

God I can't imagine what it would've been like to see that crappy performance live...

It sucked...a lot. I hope it sounded like we were doing our jobs though. I've almost completely lost my voice and while the stands weren't entirely packed for a lot of the game, it seemed pretty loud.

The defense just couldn't stop them today. They gave Cutler waaay too much time and he responded by picking us to shreads. Elams tackling was horrible. No one else stood out on D today at all. We needed one or 2 big turnovers from the D early on and we got zip till it was too late. We'd better regroup before next Sunday.

Archived