Guys, we lost one game, it ain't the end of the world

Klecko73isGod

Stop acting like we're 2-10. You sound like a bunch of women.

This team WILL turn it around.

We had a clunker. Every team has them. Hell, Denver had one last week at home vs. Oakland. You think that's maybe why they were so pumped up?

The Jets played like a bunch of guys who believe their press clippings.

Get over it. Quit your bitching. You're annoying the hell out of me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree 100%

The Jets looked like a team yesterday that basically spent the week reading all their press clippings and embraced all the loving they got from the media and went out there and expected Denver to roll over and play dead.

I'm sure Mangini will have their full attention this week.

I'm also sure that I wouldn't want to be the 49'ers next week.

Completely agree. Last week everyone was coming up with ways for us to host the championship game and get the number 1 seed. Just one game later and we somehow have decided the team will be lucky to make the playoffs. The Jets played pretty rock solid football for the last 4 weeks. They are the only team in the AFC East that can pull off a quality win.

The only worry should be that the Jets still seem to play down when expectations are up. The loss in Oakland. The 1st loss against the Patriots. The near loss to Kansas City. And now the Denver game. It is like they don't want to play with success or expectations. Its all pretty crummy teams from here on out, but hopefully hearing now about how they are the 6th best team in a wide open AFC makes them stop playing down from this point forward. I would only be pressing the panic button if we lose to Buffalo in 2 weeks. Even a 49er loss would not drive me insane.

I am hopeing this loss gets the time focused and starts a new WIN STEAK next weekend in S.F. ,cause if Mangenius can`t beat an interm coach in Singiltary ,it might be time for us to start thinking about a coach who can get it done.....I am not looking to can him ,I am getting quite fustrated over us playing down to our competition

Stop acting like we're 2-10. You sound like a bunch of women.

This team WILL turn it around.

We had a clunker. Every team has them. Hell, Denver had one last week at home vs. Oakland. You think that's maybe why they were so pumped up?

The Jets played like a bunch of guys who believe their press clippings.

Get over it. Quit your bitching. You're annoying the hell out of me.

You are right.

And I pity the fool who disagrees with you. :D

On a day when the Jets could have put a clamp on the AFC East with the Pats loss I think it is fair to be annoyed and pissed off.

Here here..

The Jets can go 11-5 and not get a playoff spot at this point..

Now we have to win out to be safe and we almost guaranteed that Week 17 becomes a must win now..

Here here..

The Jets can go 11-5 and not get a playoff spot at this point..

Now we have to win out to be safe and we almost guaranteed that Week 17 becomes a must win now..

Yeah... we should be pissed that we lost and that we could have locked up the division but lets be honest dude...

As a fellow numbers geek you know you have a better chance of seeing touchdown Jesus enter next year's draft than an 11 win team not making the playoffs. 12 wins is probably the second seed with Pitt's tough schedule. The Fins are lucky to get to 10 and the Pats have one more loss in them. 3-1 gets the division and 4-0 gets the bye.

Yeah... we should be pissed that we lost and that we could have locked up the division but lets be honest dude...

As a fellow numbers geek you know you have a better chance of seeing touchdown Jesus enter next year's draft than an 11 win team not making the playoffs. 12 wins is probably the second seed with Pitt's tough schedule. The Fins are lucky to get to 10 and the Pats have one more loss in them. 3-1 gets the division and 4-0 gets the bye.

NE and Miami have very friendly remaining schedules. The Pats toughest game is hosting Arizona (hope it gets flexed out of 1pm). THe Dolphins toughest game is this week, but it's not even in Rich stadium where the nasty weather could hurt the soft DOlphins, it's in a dome in Toronto cause the NFL is gay..

I would not be surprised at all if week 17 becomes a playoff game..

NE and Miami have very friendly remaining schedules. The Pats toughest game is hosting Arizona (hope it gets flexed out of 1pm). THe Dolphins toughest game is this week, but it's not even in Rich stadium where the nasty weather could hurt the soft DOlphins, it's in a dome in Toronto cause the NFL is gay..

I would not be surprised at all if week 17 becomes a playoff game..

We have a very sofy schedule left you pansy.

We are NOT getting the 2 seed. Enough already. Pittsburgh will beat Cleveland. They will beat Baltimore and Dallas & Tennessee will be tough but I see them winning one of those as well.

I don`t think we are getting it either,that being said ,I will remind you that Cleve. is the only team to have beaten the Giants this year & I think the Giants are better then Pitt. so I wouldn`t guarantee that as a victory for Pitt., Dallas has been the Hot team especially since Romo got back,so Pitt. can`t guarantee that one either, Flaco has played quite well his rookie year I think this will be a close one but Pitt. will Prob. win this one. and I Got a feeling Pitt. will be playing a 4:15 sun game we will all be glued to tv`s in the Meadows parking lot to and with a Tenn. Win we would get the #2 seed and we will all be rushing into the 8:30 pm Sun. game (which I believe we will be swiched to ) Here`s what I believe that last Miami Game will determine (A) We Win ,we Win the DIV. period.(B) I believe with the early Tenn. Victory over Pitt. we have a shot at the #2 seed. © I think If Miami Wins that get the last W/C spot ,when they lose it someone ele possibly NE. ,this last home game is going to be huge.

We have a very sofy schedule left you pansy.

He is a :baby:.

Lol... I see Kleck's starting to rub off on JIF. "Thinkin iz 4 panzeess!!!"

Miami and NE have shown an ability to consistently beat average/mediocre teams, which is all that remains on both of their schedules.

We've either blown their doors off or shown a nagging ability to play down to those same teams. Our inconsistency is troublesome..

Lol... I see Kleck's starting to rub off on JIF. "Thinkin iz 4 panzeess!!!"

Miami and NE have shown an ability to consistently beat average/mediocre teams, which is all that remains on both of their schedules.

We've either blown their doors off or shown a nagging ability to play down to those same teams. Our inconsistency is troublesome..

Your lack of balls is troublesome.

Your lack of balls is troublesome.

As is your lack of brains..

A lot of good your balls did when you spent all last week boasting about how good our pass defense was and how consistent the team is now :rolleyes:

Balls have nothings to do with it bozo, I'm not out on the field, I'm just trying to look at things objectively as a fan..

As is your lack of brains..

A lot of good your balls did when you spent all last week boasting about how good our pass defense was and how consistent the team is now :rolleyes:

Balls have nothings to do with it bozo, I'm not out on the field, I'm just trying to look at things objectively as a fan..

When did I boast about our pass defense? Run defense maybe, but not pass defense.

Miami and the Pats have easy schedules, so do we. Your not objective. You're not objective at all. Your version of objectivity is a generally negative subjective view.

Being negative all the time does not make you objective. It makes you a whiny idiot.

When did I boast about our pass defense? Run defense maybe, but not pass defense.

Miami and the Pats have easy schedules, so do we. Your not objective. Your not objective at all. Your version of objectivity is a generally negative subjective view.

Being negative all the time does not make you objective. It makes you a whiny idiot.

No on all accounts.

You can't handle the truth is your problem...

This team needed this loss. Our primary weakness was defending the pass and

we did a terrible job of it last night. Maybe now the coaches will take extra effort

in to fixing that problem as we go win our division. If we keep barely winning games

and not seriously address the flaws, we'd be the biggest post season flop ever.

We'd be run over in the very first game. This is the perfect time for a last minute

reminder since we're still in first place and capable of winning the last few games.

The Klogic in this thread made me realize that I am 100% justified in still being pissed off this morning.

I would be much more confident if I thought this coaching staff was the type to learn from its mistakes.

Before game: Jets are not an inconsistent team and will roll Denver easily

After game Klogic: We had a clunker and were due for it, this is good cause it will serve as a wake up call

I am definately still pissed this morning like Johnny Hector. I've avoided all reports on yesterday's debacle (no post game, no newspaper reading etc.) I won't look at football again until the Jets kickoff against the Niners.

That said, the Jets are still in control of the division AND has a shot at the second seed. The Steelers' schedule is extremely difficult. The Jets are only 1 game behind. If the Jets win out and the Steelers lose 2, then the Jets get the 2nd seed.

To be silver lining-ish, I hope Mangini, his staff & players look at this as a wake-up call and a point of re-dedication to close out the season strong. (Note, this is "hope" because I have no faith in Mangini to self evaluate and learn from his own mistakes in the middle of a season).

The bottom line is that if the Jets play well in each of the next 4 games, they'll win them all. Not 1 of them can throw the ball like Denver.

The Klogic in this thread made me realize that I am 100% justified in still being pissed off this morning.

I would be much more confident if I thought this coaching staff was the type to learn from its mistakes.

Before game: Jets are not an inconsistent team and will roll Denver easily

After game Klogic: We had a clunker and were due for it, this is good cause it will serve as a wake up call

Though I typically laugh at Klogic and tend to be very negatitive, I agree with him here.

This was just a strange game where nothing seemed to work. I hate saying this, but this game was a couple of very makable plays away from having a totally different story line.

The loss hurts, no doubt. For some reason, I just dont see it being the doom that you guys are making it out to be. And this is coming from someone that wasnt buying the hype the media was laying down.

With all due respect, bitching about games are what fan sites like this are all about. Here, you get a free shot to vent. What, you felt good after yesterday? Calling out the team, players, coaches, or officials allows us to blow off steam.

I agree 100%. If we can blow smoke up thier azz when we are winning the opposite comes with terrible losses like yesterday. We are by no means in the elite class of the NFL.

I am definately still pissed this morning like Johnny Hector. I've avoided all reports on yesterday's debacle (no post game, no newspaper reading etc.) I won't look at football again until the Jets kickoff against the Niners.

That said, the Jets are still in control of the division AND has a shot at the second seed. The Steelers' schedule is extremely difficult. The Jets are only 1 game behind. If the Jets win out and the Steelers lose 2, then the Jets get the 2nd seed.

To be silver lining-ish, I hope Mangini, his staff & players look at this as a wake-up call and a point of re-dedication to close out the season strong. (Note, this is "hope" because I have no faith in Mangini to self evaluate and learn from his own mistakes in the middle of a season).

The bottom line is that if the Jets play well in each of the next 4 games, they'll win them all. Not 1 of them can throw the ball like Denver.

Thank you.

I am pissed off too. But whining about it ain't gonna fix a damn thing and being a chicken little who is saying the season is over makes you look like a foolish drama queen.

Though I typically laugh at Klogic and tend to be very negatitive, I agree with him here.

This was just a strange game where nothing seemed to work. I hate saying this, but this game was a couple of very makable plays away from having a totally different story line.

The loss hurts, no doubt. For some reason, I just dont see it being the doom that you guys are making it out to be. And this is coming from someone that wasnt buying the hype the media was laying down.

Don't bother, Chan has spoken. The Jets are ****ed. :rolleyes:

A loss is never a good thing in the NFL.

I expected them to lay an egg somewhere a ong the line, at least it wasn't a division game.

What does trouble me however, is the offensive game plan. When you are facing a team that cannot stop the run, you POUND THE BALL. There is no need for reverses, or fancy pass plays. Thomas Jones averaged almost 9 yards a carry yesterday, why did he only get 16 carries?

With Schotty at the helm, we almost always try to outsmart the other team instead of just ramming it down their throat. That simply will not work in the playoffs.

I'm with you JiF.

The Jets weakness is pass defense. Fine. There's only Denver/Colts/Pats who can exploit that in the playoffs. But the Steelers, Ravens, and Titans can't.

Plus, if the Jets get the 2nd seed, they'd have an extra week to prepare against those pass happy teams if they face them. If they face 1 of them in the AFC title game, then (1) the Jets will be at home and (2) we'll have to pray.

I'm with you JiF.

The Jets weakness is pass defense. Fine. There's only Denver/Colts/Pats who can exploit that in the playoffs. But the Steelers, Ravens, and Titans can't.

Plus, if the Jets get the 2nd seed, they'd have an extra week to prepare against those pass happy teams if they face them. If they face 1 of them in the AFC title game, then (1) the Jets will be at home and (2) we'll have to pray.

Mangini has been damn good with more than 7 days to prepare. That is the only reason why this loss bothers me because I think we can win a playoff game with that extra week.

Still, if we play like we have been prior to yesterday, none of those teams you mentioned scare me.

Archived