Miami loses LG Justin Smiley for season

PFT.com

LOSS OF SMILEY MAKES FINS FROWN

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 8:07 a.m.

This year, the Miami Dolphins have been surprisingly fortunate when it comes to avoiding injuries.

On Sunday, their good fortune ran out.

Left guard Justin Smiley, a key free-agency pickup and mentor to left tackle Jake Long, is gone for the year after breaking a leg against the Rams on Sunday.

Per David Neal of the Miami Herald, Smiley might also have suffered ligament damage.

Former all American and ALABAMA player Smiley was one of my favorite players in college. I wanted our Jets to sign him but Parcells got to him right at the stroke midnite on the FA period opening. Key player for the DolFAGS and that will hurt them BIG TIME from now till the finish.

Former all American and ALABAMA player Smiley was one of my favorite players in college. I wanted our Jets to sign him but Parcells got to him right at the stroke midnite on the FA period opening. Key player for the DolFAGS and that will hurt them BIG TIME from now till the finish.

We didn't sign Smiley because Faneca was our first choice. The Jets didn't suddenly lose immense interest in Smiley & only then gain interest in Faneca on day two of FA.

Keep in mind, he was a pretty big risk after messing up his shoulder pretty badly last year. Often with a position like OL the player is never the same again.

Sucks for them. He's outstanding.

We didn't sign Smiley because Faneca was our first choice. The Jets didn't suddenly lose immense interest in Smiley & only then gain interest in Faneca on day two of FA.

Keep in mind, he was a pretty big risk after messing up his shoulder pretty badly last year. Often with a position like OL the player is never the same again.

Smiley is good ,but was a big risk

once a OL gets his shoulders f'd up their lifespan is short

feel bad for him

I KNOW our prime interest was in Faneca. I thought from the beginning Smiley was a younger, cheaper option at that LG spot. Apparently Parcells did too as he signed Smiley at about 3 seconds after FA opened. Anyway it sucks for the Fags.

I KNOW our prime interest was in Faneca. I thought from the beginning Smiley was a younger, cheaper option at that LG spot. Apparently Parcells did too as he signed Smiley at about 3 seconds after FA opened. Anyway he sucks for the Fags.

He has been a great addition to our line and will be missed... Your assertion that he sucks for us is assinine.

He has been a great addition to our line and will be missed... Your assertion that he sucks for us is assinine.

Sorry it's a typo. Meant to say IT sucks for the FAGS. Why would I have wanted the Jets to sign him if he sucked Numb Nutz?

Your assertion that suddenly Chad "noodle arm" Pennington is the second coming of Bart Starr is what's assinine. :rl: BTW: As a troll you suck. {no typos here ) :P

Your assertion that suddenly Chad "noodle arm" Pennington is the second coming of Bart Starr is what's assinine. :rl: BTW: As a troll you suck. {no typos here ) :P

Hmmmm, that's funny, I don't remeber saying Chad was the second coming of Bart Starr. Probably because I never said it and would never say it. However, it's quite impressive that he's leading a 7-5 team that is 1 game out of 1st in the division.

Why must you hurt me? Your assertion that I'm a bad troll is assinine. I think I'm a pretty good troll.

Archived