If I had to pick one to lose...

Jets1Fan

In my opinion, it would have been this loss to the Broncos. The last thing in the world we need is for this New York Media to begin punching tickets for an All-New York Superbowl. We were 4-12 LAST YEAR!!! Honestly, this will be the best thing that happened to the Jets, kind of like that Raiders game, where we work up afterwards and went on a great run that ended yesterday. The playing field and conditions were atrocious and our team looked like they cared about being cold and wet more than wanting to exert their will on the Broncos. No we can't blame field conditions or weather, but it's also not right to deny the fact that they effected both teams very much. We weren't able to make plays yesterday, that's what it all came down to. Cotchery drops that 4th and 1 Catch for a huge gain and first down. Brett can't connect with Dustin Keller down the middle of the field for what would have been a huge gain and play. Our defense got manhandled at the Line of scrimmage, Jenkins wasn't able to be the force he usually is, and I happen to think our Linebacker play was very poor yesterday. They weren't exploding through the gaps like they normally do to stop the run. Sutton didn't blitz anywhere as much as we previously have, and our CB's got beat (Mainly Ty Law) on the Avery Touchdown.

Mangini better tell this team that he expects more, from the coaches down to every last player. Sutton needs to blitz. Vernon needs to WANT TO KILL QB's, (He should've gotten Cutler for a safety). David Harris needs to come back. Ty Law needs to play better. Leon & Thomas Jones have to keep it up. Coles & Cotchery need to make more plays.

49ers are in for a sore sore game, I have a feeling.

Jets 38 - 49ers 13

In my opinion, it would have been this loss to the Broncos. The last thing in the world we need is for this New York Media to begin punching tickets for an All-New York Superbowl. We were 4-12 LAST YEAR!!! Honestly, this will be the best thing that happened to the Jets, kind of like that Raiders game, where we work up afterwards and went on a great run that ended yesterday. The playing field and conditions were atrocious and our team looked like they cared about being cold and wet more than wanting to exert their will on the Broncos. No we can't blame field conditions or weather, but it's also not right to deny the fact that they effected both teams very much. We weren't able to make plays yesterday, that's what it all came down to. Cotchery drops that 4th and 1 Catch for a huge gain and first down. Brett can't connect with Dustin Keller down the middle of the field for what would have been a huge gain and play. Our defense got manhandled at the Line of scrimmage, Jenkins wasn't able to be the force he usually is, and I happen to think our Linebacker play was very poor yesterday. They weren't exploding through the gaps like they normally do to stop the run. Sutton didn't blitz anywhere as much as we previously have, and our CB's got beat (Mainly Ty Law) on the Avery Touchdown.

Mangini better tell this team that he expects more, from the coaches down to every last player. Sutton needs to blitz. Vernon needs to WANT TO KILL QB's, (He should've gotten Cutler for a safety). David Harris needs to come back. Ty Law needs to play better. Leon & Thomas Jones have to keep it up. Coles & Cotchery need to make more plays.

Jets 38 - 49ers 13

Losing in confrence in never a good thing. If you were going to pick a game to lose it should be out of division and out of confrence.

Jets 38 - 49ers 13

You make a lot of good points. There was very little blitzing. Cutler had all day to throw. Sutton has to blitz much more. I'd rather give up a couple of long TDs than keep watching these opposing QBs throw for 300/400 yards, controlling the ball and keeping Favre on the sideline.

Starting Law is a mistake. He is very slow. They have to constantly have a safety play deep behind him (usually Rhodes), which opens up the middle of the field for the slot receivers and the TEs, who are killing us. Say what you want about Lowery, but at least he was pretty much left on his own. After his play yesterday, I would start him again. Play Law like they did in the Patriots game. Head up on the best WR with over the top help in certain situations and as the nickel back in other situations. Keep the offense guessing on where he will be and he will probably come up with a big pick sooner or later.

And yes, we can't blame the weather. But I was very uneasy when I heard about the conditions before the game. Forget that Favre is 43 and 6 or whatever when the temp is under 34 degrees. Or that it gave the jets an advantage because they can run the ball and stop the run. The bottom line is, when the weather is that bad, it is a great equalizer. It is always to the advantage of the weaker team in that regard.

Jets 38 - 49ers 13

:face:

Archived