Edwards hurt as Bills prep for Miami

JetNation

Losman has been a thorn in the Dolphins side for a while so I don't know if this is good or bad.

We do control our own destiny, though, and I think if we beat the Bills, we will go to the Meadowlands in week 17 with a chance to win the division.

correction: the jets own the dolphins destiny ;)

correction: the jets own the dolphins destiny ;)

Well yes and no.

I'm not advocating a victory for the Dolphins to be an easy thing; just saying it's a real possibility that, that game is for all the marbles.

As it stands right now, the Dolphins and Jets are the only teams in the AFC East that control their own destinies.

Well yes and no.

I'm not advocating a victory for the Dolphins to be an easy thing; just saying it's a real possibility that, that game is for all the marbles.

As it stands right now, the Dolphins and Jets are the only teams in the AFC East that control their own destinies.

Uh, the Patriots dont?

No. If the Jets or Dolphins win out, the Patriots can't win the AFC East.

Thought the Fish had a fair shot.

The loss of Smilie is going to make that tough. Kid is a good player. Another bad thing for the Fish. This is a bad time for a player to break a leg and have ligament damage.

Will he be ready next season?

Losman has been a thorn in the Dolphins side for a while so I don't know if this is good or bad.

We do control our own destiny, though, and I think if we beat the Bills, we will go to the Meadowlands in week 17 with a chance to win the division.

:rl: Take a reality pill Smacky ::GoJets:

Well yes and no.

Smacky, as he said the JETS control the DolFAG destiny. :P

Losman is a joke. Theres no point in playing him, hes done here after the next 4 games. He holds the ball too long and takes sacks, and can't connect on intermediate routes. I'd rather see our 3rd string, Gibran Hamdan play.

Edwards has a fine arm. Hes shown plenty of times he can hit the deep ball, he just doesn't try it as much as Losman, because thats all JP has. I'd much rather have Edwards in, plus hes barley started 20 games. Losman something like 33 starts before we really knew what we had.

It's way too early to give up on Edwards, especially since hes proven he CAN play, he just needs to be consistent.

Until this year, almost everyone's been a thorn in the Phins side.

you beat the rams because marc bulger wants a top 3 pick this april, and he gift wrapped the game for chad to lead one his great FG drives...

dont get your hopes up to much.

He holds the ball too long and takes sacks, and can't connect on intermediate routes.

This is good for the Jets. If could connect on the intermediate stuff, he'd probably throw for 400 yards against us in two weeks. I'm not so worried about the deep ball.

Losman is a joke. Theres no point in playing him, hes done here after the next 4 games. He holds the ball too long and takes sacks, and can't connect on intermediate routes. I'd rather see our 3rd string, Gibran Hamdan play.

Edwards has a fine arm. Hes shown plenty of times he can hit the deep ball, he just doesn't try it as much as Losman, because thats all JP has. I'd much rather have Edwards in, plus hes barley started 20 games. Losman something like 33 starts before we really knew what we had.

It's way too early to give up on Edwards, especially since hes proven he CAN play, he just needs to be consistent.

Edwards has had a better Running Back and a better Offensive Line than Losman, not to mention a better Defense. Losman got a rough shot up in Buffalo and I really hope this upcoming offseason that he gets a shot to sign somewhere where he can at least compete for a starting job. He has the talent if a team gives him a fair shot and more than two seasons to prove himself. Although at this point, he's got years in him so maybe he can step in and shine. He is not nearly as bad as Rex Grossman.

Okay, so yeah, Losman struggled in 2007 before he was replaced by Edwards. But in his one full season of starting (2006) and his season where he started half the games (2005) he played pretty well I'd say.

2005 (1st year starting QB --- 8 starts)

113-228 (49.6%), 1340yds, 8 TD, 8 INT

2006 (2nd year starting QB -- 16 starts)

268-429 (62.5%), 3051yds, 19 TD, 14 INT

Okay, so yeah, Losman struggled in 2007 before he was replaced by Edwards. But in his one full season of starting (2006) and his season where he started half the games (2005) he played pretty well I'd say.

2005 (1st year starting QB --- 8 starts)

113-228 (49.6%), 1340yds, 8 TD, 8 INT

2006 (2nd year starting QB -- 16 starts)

268-429 (62.5%), 3051yds, 19 TD, 14 INT

Completeing less than 50 % and havin a 1:1 TD to INT ratio is pretty bad.

Completeing less than 50 % and havin a 1:1 TD to INT ratio is pretty bad.

In your first 8 starts in the NFL, in Buffalo? Eh, I'm not going to judge him on 2005. 2006, his third year in the league, after a half of season of starts, he played exceptionaly well for a team with only one WR, a worse D and OL than they have now and a worse RB than what they have now. Yes he started slow last season too, but they were quick to pull him.

J.P. is going to go somewhere and start. I truly believe that. Maybe Minnesota. Maybe Seattle (They could release Hasselbeck). Maybe San Francisco. Maybe Detroit (Hope not, everyone that goes there dies). Maybe Houston. Maybe HERE.

In your first 8 starts in the NFL, in Buffalo? Eh, I'm not going to judge him on 2005. 2006, his third year in the league, after a half of season of starts, he played exceptionaly well for a team with only one WR, a worse D and OL than they have now and a worse RB than what they have now. Yes he started slow last season too, but they were quick to pull him.

J.P. is going to go somewhere and start. I truly believe that. Maybe Minnesota. Maybe Seattle (They could release Hasselbeck). Maybe San Francisco. Maybe Detroit (Hope not, everyone that goes there dies). Maybe Houston. Maybe HERE.

I don't necessarily buy that their offensive line is better than their old one. This high-priced line gets a lot of hype because of the collective salary, but there's a reason it took Marshawn Lynch half of the season to surpass 100 yards in a single game.

I understand he was a rookie, but still, using those numbers to support the guy isn't convincing.

He has a chance to catch on with a little audition here late in the year. Personally, I think he ****s the bed, the Bills pack it in, and he is searching for a backup job next year.

After he destroys the Dolphins, of course.

He just got a three year extension prior to the losing streak. He isn't going anywhere, not for a while at least.

Thats the rumor, but it has not been officially announced anywhere, and certainly not at One Bills Drive. I wouldn't be so sure of it. The way the team has fallen since that rumor came out, I can easily see it being ripped up and him canned, which is what I hope happens.

Thats the rumor, but it has not been officially announced anywhere, and certainly not at One Bills Drive. I wouldn't be so sure of it. The way the team has fallen since that rumor came out, I can easily see it being ripped up and him canned, which is what I hope happens.

He is terrible.

I would've taken him out back and shot him after that Cleveland game...

He is terrible.

I would've taken him out back and shot him after that Cleveland game...

That was my last straw with him. Our season on the line, and we get that performance at home, on National TV. Since the end of that game, I've officially been done with him, and want him gone as soon as possible.

That was my last straw with him. Our season on the line, and we get that performance at home, on National TV. Since the end of that game, I've officially been done with him, and want him gone as soon as possible.

Which is kind of funny since early in the season there were a number of people here that wished the Jets had a coach like Jauron

Which is kind of funny since early in the season there were a number of people here that wished the Jets had a coach like Jauron

That had more to do with Mangini hate than Jauron love.

That's like lusting after the ugly nanny because your wife is hideous.

Archived