Will Chad screw us in last game?? Please no SOJ's

SouthernJet

Not to mention the game would be on national T.V. in the Sunday night slot.

Maybe. Maybe not. The NFL could pick any of these games for SNF (the amazing thing is they only have to tell us Monday -- 6 days before kickoff, what time the game will be):

Miami @ NYJets

New England (The darlings) @ Buffalo

Tennessee @ Indianapolis (Depending on how TENN fairs the next 3 weeks)

Dallas @ Philadelphia

NYGiants @ Minnesota

Maybe. Maybe not. The NFL could pick any of these games for SNF (the amazing thing is they only have to tell us Monday -- 6 days before kickoff, what time the game will be):

Miami @ NYJets

Dallas @ Philadelphia

NYGiants @ Minnesota

Does anyone really believe NBC will chose the Jets if they have the chance to take the Colts, Dallas or Giants?

Miami @ NYJets

Dallas @ Philadelphia

NYGiants @ Minnesota

yup,,if indy and the nfls darlin peyton 'needs' the game they wil lshow them,,

same thing for dall/philly,,if one of those two teams 'need' teh game its on due to thei=r historic ratings for those two teams,,

miami doesn not draw TV viewers sadly

Who knows, SJ, the Same Ol Jets could tank the 3 games prior to that, and we won't have to wait to be disappointed. :chas:

Now quit the crazee talk ol' man!!

beleive me toots, i have thought of that already,,actually Beans and I looke dat each other in disgust yesterday in 1st quarter and said 'this could be a problem',,

This 'ole' man still likes your samwiches,,

haha,,every fan who has suffered long enough has surely ALREADY thought of this SOJs scenario,,come on , admit it :D

I ain't bitin this year sj. yesterday was an ill wind eery rainy day that will not disrupt our momentum.

fluke loss. we're in 1st place.......nope I ain't goin there

I ain't bitin this year sj. yesterday was an ill wind eery rainy day that will not disrupt our momentum.

fluke loss. we're in 1st place.......nope I ain't goin there

hmmm,,i call BS,,but thats OK,,;)

yesterday was a letdown i basiclaly lay at feet of coahes,,players played bad,,but there were several f**kups that coached did that could have swung game back to us,,

'

sutton has to go,,

schott has to quit tryoin to be a genukius,,,run the ball on 3rd/4th and 1 when u NEED to get the 1st or basicall game is over,,be cute when u r ahead or down just a bit early on,,but somewhat last in game when u HAVE to get the 1st,,u go wit ha arun game thats been workin,,total asshat coach move there,,

and diud i say, sutton has to go...

Please no Same Old Jets scenario..

Could it be any more SOJs if we come down to last game needing a win and have Chad hose us....

Oh the humanity

Don't even suggest it SJ - there would be a mass suicide of Jonestown proportion. Not for me - I'd just blow my brains out.

These are not the same old Jets.

The Jets have not had a good run defense since Klecko, Mehl and co. The Jets have not had a great QB and balanced offense since Namath & co. The Jets are a very good team with a weak pass defense. Four (run, pass, run defense, special teams) out of five isn't bad. That is why they are 8-4. If they had a good pass defense, they would probably be 11-1 like the Giants. They are what they are. 4-12 wasn't that long ago. Let's enjoy this and hope Mangini can come up with something about the pass defense.

Honestly if the Jets went 11-5 and missed the postseason I think it would be time to give up. :suicide2:

Lol.. I've wondered that myself. Going 11-5 with Favre and losing out on the playoffs to Chad fricken Pennington on a 4th tie breaker might be enough for me to finally give it up...

I stopped following baseball religiously after the strike, maybe I could do it with football too.. :shutit:

These are not the same old Jets.

The Jets have not had a good run defense since Klecko, Mehl and co. The Jets have not had a great QB and balanced offense since Namath & co. The Jets are a very good team with a weak pass defense. Four (run, pass, run defense, special teams) out of five isn't bad. That is why they are 8-4. If they had a good pass defense, they would probably be 11-1 like the Giants. They are what they are. 4-12 wasn't that long ago. Let's enjoy this and hope Mangini can come up with something about the pass defense.

yesterday and raiders was SOJs..

we havent exorcised the ghosts just yet

chad_jones.jpg

This joke didn't go over the first time, so given the opening, I figured I'd give it another shot.

I had far too much of that jag-off's koolaide. If we let him pull off what the thread is questioning - I'm using bullets.

Who can forget 1986?? We were 10-1 and cruising and all of a sudden the bottom dropped out the Jets finished at 10-6 and got a wildcard spot. Good times.

Didn't we then lose in the Divisional Round at Cleveland in Double Overtime, large part in thanks to Mark Gastineau?

I was kind of hoping we'd be like the 86 Giants this year -- the team with the worst record of the two NY teams after 11 games (9-2 to 14-2 and champions) and the Giants would be the Jets (10-1 to 10-6 and out in the 2nd round). Roles reversed type thing. Heh. :)

Archived